Topic: Vaginal Atrophy solution that is working for me!

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters — A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: May 5, 2020 12:05PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 05:03AM by jinx27

Posted on: May 5, 2020 12:05PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 05:03AM by jinx27

jinx27 wrote:

Hello all!

Ive been a member for quite some time now and wanted to post about my sexual side effects of my treatment and what Ive been doing to combat them.

I was diagnosed with my ER/PR+ breast cancer and have chosen to take an aromatase inhibitior along with Lupron (ovarian suppression ) injects for the next 5-10 years.

My onco just barely prepared me for all of the changes that I would have living the next 5-10 with lowered estrogen (menopause) as a 30 year old something. She mentioned vaginal dryness but I didnt know that the dryness really meant atrophy! I also suffered from strong vaginal odor without an infection. This also due to the atrophy.

I initially knew something was wrong when I had intercourse and it was terribly painful, I had small microcuts in my vulva and inner vagina due to weakening of my vaginal tissue, not knowing how to deal with this I went online.

Initially I was interesting in the Mona Lisa Touch or Petite Lady procedure that alot of women post about on here but it wasn't in my price range at all.

I stumbled upon a product call NeuEve; a estrogen free vaginal suppository created by a gynecologist for women.

Neu Eve Website

NeuEve suppositories and cream help ease menopausal discomforts: vaginal odor, dryness, atrophy, itching, burning, painful sex, and bacterial vaginosis.*

100% all-natural food grade ingredients : Organic palm oil*, organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic tapioca starch, organic potato starch, evening primrose oil, organic sea buckthorn fruit oil, organic lavender essential oil, organic orange oil, organic vitamin E (d-α tocopherol), and a proprietary blend of nutrients.

NeuEve is gluten-free, hormone-free and estrogen-free. NeuEve does NOT contain any boric acid, petrochemicals, parabens, BHT, T.E.A, M.E.A, urea, glycols, PEG's, etc. NeuEve has never been tested on animals, and does not contain any animal products.

Customers can choose between three options depending on the severity of their atrophy and age. I emailed her asking for guidance and responded back with a warm and informative response. I chose the level 2 suppository due to my age.

She stated the following supplements help with atrophy; OMEGA 3, OMEGA 7, Vitamin D.

She also mentioned purchasing a set of Magnetic Vaginal Dilators and using them twice a day if I have pelvic pain.

I have been using NeuEve for one month along with taking the above supplements and have seen a huge improvement. I use lubrication during self pleasure which helps but I have not had any pain or microcuts in or around the vulva or inside the vaginal canal since finishing my first box of NeuEve.

I used to to have a odor due to the dryness, and a UTI feeling. The odor is completely gone, and the UTI feeling is slowly fading away. I thought Id share here since there are soo many products on the market to choose from.

The price is around $59 for a month supply, if you decide to get a subscription, the cost will be $49 a month. Not too bad. The site recommends using it for 4 months straight, however many women report improvements after one month.

Please feel free to message here with any questions. Im going to continue the product for four months and return back with an update.

Diagnosed at 27 y/o, synchronous bilateral breast cancer. L. Breast : IDC, R. Breast: DCIS. ER 98%, PR 100% Possible mutation. 5-10 yrs hormonal therapy 08/31/2016 Tamoxifen, 02/01/2017- 06/10/2021 AI + OS,Tamoxifen 08/10/2021 -current Dx 9/8/2015, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/17/2015 Reconstruction (Left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 12/31/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 8/27/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 20 of 22 (214 results)

Feb 4, 2022 09:47PM jons_girl wrote:

kksmom:

Good clean love has a product with hylauronic acidhttps://goodcleanlove.com/products/bionourish-moisturizing-vaginal-gel-with-hyaluronic-acid?variant=40054465560760&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2NLHhO7n9QIV8j2tBh1kOQtlEAQYBCABEgI-pfD_BwE

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Feb 5, 2022 07:03AM homemom wrote:

Thanks everyone for the responses. I don't have pain when I get a pap smear, just during sex. No UTI's either.

Dx 3/31/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 3/29 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/14/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 5/5/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 5/29/2014 AC Chemotherapy 7/24/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/15/2014 Hormonal Therapy 12/14/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 24, 2022 05:31AM lisaellen wrote:

This problem is huge. I am a 15 year survivor and suffered for many years before finding a solution that works.

I use Coconut oil in shower on all skin and even a heaping tsp. inserted vaginally with fingers. Easy to apply because it is a solid. Surprisingly, my OB suggested this. After many years of not suggesting it? So easy and cheap

I also switched from a water based KY to a silicone based KY for intercourse. It works better and is worth every penny. It lasts longer and has a more natural feel. This can be applied to either partner.

Finally, I started an estrogen cream. It's an estradiol 0.1 mg per ML applied with a plastic tube to vagina and vulva 2 or 3 x week as needed.

I avoided the cream for many years because I was scared of it. But my OB and my oncologist said it was ok despite my medical history and diagnosis. This has given me back my libido and helps my body heal vaginally. Before, I was actually getting sores after intercourse.

Used all together, problem solved.

Dx 3-18-07,2.2cm tumor,stageII,grade3,8 rounds ACT,no rads,Infiltrating ductal,0nodes, bi-latmast.10-07,expanders2-27-08, implants with tattoo nipples

Feb 24, 2022 03:56PM laughinggull wrote:

Hi LisaEllen. Thanks for chiming in and sharing your experience. Taking note of everything you say

ACx4, THPx4, HP (to complete 1y); Nerlynx (1y); AI (expected 10y), Surgery: BMX + ALND, Reconstruction, Oophorectomy. Radiation. Dx 10/26/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 25, 2022 06:50AM - edited Feb 25, 2022 06:52AM by jons_girl

Lisa Ellen: thank you for sharing what's helping you. I'm assuming if your over 50 that the libido was only helped by the estrogen cream. My libido is gone…..I'm hoping it returns. I've been using just testosterone cream for about a month right now. I have the other stuff like oil and moisture cream for vag. But those won't bring back my libido. I'm hoping eventually it will return. They say it can take like 3 or more months for libido to return with testosterone. I've never heard of estrogen helping libido. So this is interesting to me. How long did you use the estrogen cream for your libido to return? Thank you for sharing.

On a side note, some of the testosterone cream does convert to estrogen when you use it.

Also another thing, I noticed almost immediately after starting testosterone cream that my vagina was so much better dry wise.

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Feb 25, 2022 07:03AM sunshinegal wrote:

Question for all of you: I'm experiencing deep pain with intimacy -- as though my vagina is less deep (long?) than it once was, only I haven't had a hysterectomy or any other gynecological surgery. Do the various remedies in this thread address that kind of pain?

Dx 10/7/2010, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 3/22/2021, IDC, Right, <1cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 25, 2022 07:19AM jons_girl wrote:

sunshinegal: I will just say in my experience I’ve had pain deeper inside vag I think but it’s dryness. The testosterone cream has helped me a lot with dryness. Hopefully others here will respond to your question about shrinkage of vag.

Mar 8, 2022 03:31PM ddil wrote:

I was reading the posts on this site and some of the dates, now that everyone has used some of the recommended products for some time, Can you recommend a few I can try. I am on my second month of Ibrance and Letrozole. I really want my intimacy back with my husband. Thank you all.

DeNovo Lobular ER/PR+ Her - CHEK2 mutation. Right lymph and small 1.6cm tumor, Mets to bone. Ibrance, Letrozole and Xcheva Hormonal Therapy 1/17/2022 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/17/2022 Ibrance (palbociclib) Local Metastases Bone

Mar 8, 2022 04:09PM ddil wrote:

Another Question, Has anyone heard that you need to use a condom if you a re on Ibrance and Letrozole

DeNovo Lobular ER/PR+ Her - CHEK2 mutation. Right lymph and small 1.6cm tumor, Mets to bone. Ibrance, Letrozole and Xcheva Hormonal Therapy 1/17/2022 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/17/2022 Ibrance (palbociclib) Local Metastases Bone

Mar 13, 2022 07:21PM barsco1963 wrote:

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I have been absent from BCO for quite a while but I knew that I could rely on the forum to help me out with the issue of painful intercourse, vaginal dryness etc. I have recently been in discussion with a gyn who offered me only two options. One an estrogen cream which my MO says no to and the Mona Lisa touch which as noted is quite expensive (even when offered at 1/2 price due to bc). I was stage 4 from the get go, NED for the past few years, but still hesitant to go with an estrogen cream. I am so happy to lean that there are so many other options that are available. Being in Canada some of them are not available to me but at least I now have a starting point.

I do have one question - has anyone's partner had any adverse effects to any of the creams etc?

It isn't knowing the worst, the worst is not knowing. Dx 5/30/2011, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 21/29 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/24/2011

Page 20 of 22 (214 results)

Scroll to top button