Topic: Vaginal Atrophy solution that is working for me!

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters — A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: May 5, 2020 12:05PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 05:03AM by jinx27

Posted on: May 5, 2020 12:05PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 05:03AM by jinx27

jinx27 wrote:

Hello all!

Ive been a member for quite some time now and wanted to post about my sexual side effects of my treatment and what Ive been doing to combat them.

I was diagnosed with my ER/PR+ breast cancer and have chosen to take an aromatase inhibitior along with Lupron (ovarian suppression ) injects for the next 5-10 years.

My onco just barely prepared me for all of the changes that I would have living the next 5-10 with lowered estrogen (menopause) as a 30 year old something. She mentioned vaginal dryness but I didnt know that the dryness really meant atrophy! I also suffered from strong vaginal odor without an infection. This also due to the atrophy.

I initially knew something was wrong when I had intercourse and it was terribly painful, I had small microcuts in my vulva and inner vagina due to weakening of my vaginal tissue, not knowing how to deal with this I went online.

Initially I was interesting in the Mona Lisa Touch or Petite Lady procedure that alot of women post about on here but it wasn't in my price range at all.

I stumbled upon a product call NeuEve; a estrogen free vaginal suppository created by a gynecologist for women.

Neu Eve Website

NeuEve suppositories and cream help ease menopausal discomforts: vaginal odor, dryness, atrophy, itching, burning, painful sex, and bacterial vaginosis.*

100% all-natural food grade ingredients : Organic palm oil*, organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic tapioca starch, organic potato starch, evening primrose oil, organic sea buckthorn fruit oil, organic lavender essential oil, organic orange oil, organic vitamin E (d-α tocopherol), and a proprietary blend of nutrients.

NeuEve is gluten-free, hormone-free and estrogen-free. NeuEve does NOT contain any boric acid, petrochemicals, parabens, BHT, T.E.A, M.E.A, urea, glycols, PEG's, etc. NeuEve has never been tested on animals, and does not contain any animal products.

Customers can choose between three options depending on the severity of their atrophy and age. I emailed her asking for guidance and responded back with a warm and informative response. I chose the level 2 suppository due to my age.

She stated the following supplements help with atrophy; OMEGA 3, OMEGA 7, Vitamin D.

She also mentioned purchasing a set of Magnetic Vaginal Dilators and using them twice a day if I have pelvic pain.

I have been using NeuEve for one month along with taking the above supplements and have seen a huge improvement. I use lubrication during self pleasure which helps but I have not had any pain or microcuts in or around the vulva or inside the vaginal canal since finishing my first box of NeuEve.

I used to to have a odor due to the dryness, and a UTI feeling. The odor is completely gone, and the UTI feeling is slowly fading away. I thought Id share here since there are soo many products on the market to choose from.

The price is around $59 for a month supply, if you decide to get a subscription, the cost will be $49 a month. Not too bad. The site recommends using it for 4 months straight, however many women report improvements after one month.

Please feel free to message here with any questions. Im going to continue the product for four months and return back with an update.

Diagnosed at 27 y/o, synchronous bilateral breast cancer. L. Breast : IDC, R. Breast: DCIS. ER 98%, PR 100% Possible mutation. 5-10 yrs hormonal therapy 08/31/2016 Tamoxifen, 02/01/2017- 06/10/2021 AI + OS,Tamoxifen 08/10/2021 -current Dx 9/8/2015, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/17/2015 Reconstruction (Left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 12/31/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 8/27/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 21 of 24 (235 results)

May 18, 2022 03:31PM poseygirl wrote:

Hi all,

Once in awhile I check in on this topic to see if there is anything 'new' to report. I am in Canada and have seen a well known gynaecologist in this area. He tried to give me a compounded product similar to DHEA. An estrogen gets created locally within the cells in the vagina but doesn't at all circulate. I tried the product, but the the discharge was absolutely horrific. Apparently discharge is a common and central side effect, but it was literally intolerable. He said that I have to wait to try DHEA which is approved now in Canada but taking time to get out onto the market.

It is pretty much my last hope to try this product. He was pretty blunt about the fact that lubes do very little for women with atrophy. It is the lack of estrogen. Most lubes burn me. And the ones that don't burn still have such a limited effect. I find it highly frustrating. It's hard to want to have sex when it hurts. Gee, go figure. I've been having 'the other' type of sex because it hurts less. This is not how I pictured being 53. I'm not a person who requires a ton of sex, but it is truly unfortunate that we have to struggle so much to find something that works for us when we've been through so much. And since I too am triple positive (as someone else mentioned here), they won't want to give me the estradiol cream. I went into menopause when I went into treatment at 47, and after a few years on Letrozole, things got worse and worse.

Here's hoping there are developments in this regard. Because our options are truly few. I appreciate following this thread! Thank you for sharing.

Radiation Therapy 1/11/2016 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Dx 6/23/2016, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/11/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 9/15/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/28/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 18, 2022 05:40PM - edited May 18, 2022 05:41PM by kbl

poseygirl, I'm so sorry it didn't work for you. I will tell you I'm HR+, Her2-, and they don't recommend estrodiol for me, but I was at my whit's end and would rather have quality of life. I make a tube last me for about a year, but I've been using it quite a while, and my tumor markers are still dropping. I'm not at allregretting my decision.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Missed diagnosis from 2013 to 2019 Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 5/1/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

May 19, 2022 02:16PM poseygirl wrote:

Thanks KBL, I appreciate it. I’m glad you are able to take it and not be experiencing any issues. I see my oncologist in June and will ask her about it. The gynaecologist mentioned it, but said he’d never prescribe it without discussing with her first. Abs admittedly, I will not want to take the chance if she’s hesitant yet willing to let me try. We will see. Thank you so much!!

Radiation Therapy 1/11/2016 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Dx 6/23/2016, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/11/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 9/15/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/28/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 19, 2022 04:57PM kbl wrote:

poseygirl, I totally understand. We all have to do what we’re comfortable with, but I just couldn’t take that much pain anymore. It still hurts a little because I only use a pea-sized amount twice a week, but I’ll take it. Please let me know what they say

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Missed diagnosis from 2013 to 2019 Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 5/1/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

May 19, 2022 05:14PM - edited May 20, 2022 10:51PM by jons_girl

I use testosterone cream. I started using 1 ml daily for two weeks, then three times a week. I do not really need any lube at all anymore. And what I do is use it before I go to bed.

I plan to add estrodiol cream. I'm assuming it will be one cream I use with testosterone and estrodiol ingredients in the cream. Both my MO and my onco gyn are fine with me using estrodiol. They watch my blood levels for estrogen and testosterone. I have been using the Testosterone cream I think 3 mo now. And my estrogen levels aren't going up tons.

I will continue with my scans every 6 mo and blood tests periodically too

I am both PR/ER+ and Her2- But they are fine with me using only cream vaginally....

I had my bilateral breast ultrasound today. May 20.all is clear. this is my 5th yr post cancer dx. Very thankful all is still ok.

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

May 19, 2022 05:33PM swivel2020 wrote:

so after two different gyn said small amounts of the estradiol cream wouldn't hurt me I've started using it. The other gels and vitamins did not help me. I'm 75 and have severe vaginal atrophy with a very unpleasant discharge. The estrogen cream is definitely helping! But guess what else it's helping…. My bladder leaking and urgency!!! I did some research and found that there have been studies that show the atrophy and incontinence (?) are linked to estrogen. Also perhaps vaginal prolapse. now I wonder why not one of my doctors mentioned this. Just thought I'd let you know it's been helping me with both.

Dx 4/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/30/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Hormonal Therapy 12/14/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 19, 2022 06:05PM cardplayer wrote:

My BS and GYN both said no to using estrace, which I stopped when I was diagnosed. Vaginal moisturize provide very temporary relief, so I get uncomfortable on days I don’t use it. I’m post menopausal so I doubt my body is producing much estrogen. Taking anastrozole to block estrogen doesn’t help much either. 😣 Wish there were better options

Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/30/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/19/2020 Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 12/9/2021 Prophylactic mastectomy (Left) Dx IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 20, 2022 04:10AM kbl wrote:

swivel2020, so glad it’s helping both issues.

Cardolayer, I was told no in the beginning as well, but I made the choice to use it. We all have to do what’s right for us and weigh the risks. I hope you can find something that works for you.

May 27, 2022 08:50PM runner70 wrote:

i haven’t visited this site in years but I’m suffering from horrible dryness and thought I would check in and see what others like me are using. I went into menopause 6 years ago at 45 with chemo. It was like jumping off a cliff when the side effects immediately began. My cycles and hormone levels were completely normal prior to chemo. Anyway, I’ve finally adjusted and I rarely have hot flashes anymore. The vaginal dryness over the past year has been unbearable. It feels like I have a yeast infection all the time. I’m not married and haven’t had a boyfriend since cancer treatment and it’s partly because I’m scared of having sex and that it will hurt really bad now that I’m fully in menopause. I’ve tried every lubricant/potions/creams under the sun! You should see the cabinet above my toilet. It’s filled with products. The only thing that has helped has been an estring. I got one from my Gyn back in July and it helped so much! Since I removed it my symptoms are back. The itching and burning are so bad that I’ve been using sunburn spray on my vagina to numb it up! Isn’t that crazy?! I decided today to get another estring and to use it just for a month until the atrophy resolves then switch back to estriol cream twice a week. I’ve tried estriol cream to get rid of the symptoms but I think my problem is so severe I require a constant low dose estradiol product until I get relief. I don’t want to get a recurrence but my lady parts are so miserable it’s affecting my job and my sleep! It makes me mad! Isn’t having cancer bad enough and now we have to get thrown into menopause early and have to risk getting cancer again because our vaginas are making us miserable? Nobody understands except people here. So thank you for allowing me to rant! 😂

Dx 1/25/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/1/2016 Lumpectomy (Right) Chemotherapy 3/10/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 3/27/2016 Other Radiation Therapy 6/14/2016 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Radiation Therapy 6/27/2016 Whole breast: Right breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 8/30/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy 5/27/2022 Radiation Therapy 5/27/2022 Surgery Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal

May 28, 2022 05:57AM kbl wrote:

Runner70, that sounds so miserable. I don’t blame you for wanting quality. I would do the same thing. I’ve been on estrodiol for a few months because I just couldn’t handle the burning, stabbing pain during sex. I hope you can feel better soon.

Page 21 of 24 (235 results)

Scroll to top button