Join Us

We are 220,251 members in 84 forums discussing 161,853 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Vaginal Atrophy solution that is working for me!

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters —

A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: May 5, 2020 03:05PM - edited 19 hours ago by Jinx27

Jinx27 wrote:

Hello all!

Ive been a member for quite some time now and wanted to post about my sexual side effects of my treatment and what Ive been doing to combat them.

I was diagnosed with my ER/PR+ breast cancer and have chosen to take an aromatase inhibitior along with Lupron (ovarian suppression ) injects for the next 5-10 years.

My onco just barely prepared me for all of the changes that I would have living the next 5-10 with lowered estrogen (menopause) as a 30 year old something. She mentioned vaginal dryness but I didnt know that the dryness really meant atrophy! I also suffered from strong vaginal odor without an infection. This also due to the atrophy.

I initially knew something was wrong when I had intercourse and it was terribly painful, I had small microcuts in my vulva and inner vagina due to weakening of my vaginal tissue, not knowing how to deal with this I went online.

Initially I was interesting in the Mona Lisa Touch or Petite Lady procedure that alot of women post about on here but it wasn't in my price range at all.

I stumbled upon a product call NeuEve; a estrogen free vaginal suppository created by a gynecologist for women.

Neu Eve Website

NeuEve suppositories and cream help ease menopausal discomforts: vaginal odor, dryness, atrophy, itching, burning, painful sex, and bacterial vaginosis.*

100% all-natural food grade ingredients : Organic palm oil*, organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic tapioca starch, organic potato starch, evening primrose oil, organic sea buckthorn fruit oil, organic lavender essential oil, organic orange oil, organic vitamin E (d-α tocopherol), and a proprietary blend of nutrients.

NeuEve is gluten-free, hormone-free and estrogen-free. NeuEve does NOT contain any boric acid, petrochemicals, parabens, BHT, T.E.A, M.E.A, urea, glycols, PEG's, etc. NeuEve has never been tested on animals, and does not contain any animal products.

Customers can choose between three options depending on the severity of their atrophy and age. I emailed her asking for guidance and responded back with a warm and informative response. I chose the level 2 suppository due to my age.

She stated the following supplements help with atrophy; OMEGA 3, OMEGA 7, Vitamin D.

She also mentioned purchasing a set of Magnetic Vaginal Dilators and using them twice a day if I have pelvic pain.

I have been using NeuEve for one month along with taking the above supplements and have seen a huge improvement. I use lubrication during self pleasure which helps but I have not had any pain or microcuts in or around the vulva or inside the vaginal canal since finishing my first box of NeuEve.

I used to to have a odor due to the dryness, and a UTI feeling. The odor is completely gone, and the UTI feeling is slowly fading away. I thought Id share here since there are soo many products on the market to choose from.

The price is around $59 for a month supply, if you decide to get a subscription, the cost will be $49 a month. Not too bad. The site recommends using it for 4 months straight, however many women report improvements after one month.

Please feel free to message here with any questions. Im going to continue the product for four months and return back with an update.

Dx 9/8/2015, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/17/2015 Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/1/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 8/29/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 3 of 3 (67 results)

Posts 61 - 67 (67 total)

Feb 10, 2021 03:20PM cah21 wrote:

KBL,

I'm glad a found your thread. I thought I was going crazy! I am having that very problem right now. I have always been prone to UTIs. Even before my BC, I had problems with painful intercourse. Shortly after my marriage I got diagnosed iwth vaginismus. I was told to use 1% Hydrocortizone twice a day for a while and it made things somewhat better for many years. After my BC, I also had my ovaries removed and caused extreme atrophy. Unlike some of the women here, I don't have uncomfort anytime except when trying to have intercourse. My OBGYN told me to try Replens. After two doses, I got a UTI. I stopped for a few months and tried again. I got another UTI. So about a month ago on this thread I found the NeuEve. I purchased the silk. Well, after two doses here I am with burning and some frequency. The quick test came back negative, but I am waiting on the results of the culture to come back. I read that the burning could be from my atrophy being so severe. The physicians don't know anything about these products because they aren't prescriptions. I'm at my wits end. I can't even stand to have my husband touch me down there. If you find anything that works, please let me know!

Feb 10, 2021 03:36PM Jinx27 wrote:

@cah21

Thank you for posting here, when I created this thread I remember reading that some patients have different levels of atrophy. I didnt even know what atrophy was until I was dry and had pain.

Some people discover it when its beyond mild and in need of other attention besides OTC suppositories.

Im truly sorry you are having a hard time finding something that help ease your atrophy. Severe atrophy requires a different approach. I hope you dont give up! I like to research this stuff online and will post here.

Because of you Im thinking of finding an vaginal atrophy chart...maybe I post it in here so that the various "levels" are in one spot.

Dx 9/8/2015, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/17/2015 Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/1/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 8/29/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 10, 2021 08:19PM KBL wrote:

cah21, I know UTIs are so distressing. I haven’t found anything really to stop the pain with sex, but I don’t think mine is as bad as some. I hope you find relief soon.

Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 6/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 17, 2021 04:59PM JustG22 wrote:

Does anyone have anything to add of the subject of a spouse that does not understand that sex in really painful and with things slow to heal after tearing the risk of infection is concerning. Also, I feel that my husband, by not taking care of himself is not is a state to understand or be a caregiver if I need him to be.

Feb 17, 2021 05:39PM - edited Feb 17, 2021 05:46PM by Jinx27

@JustG22

I wasn't in a relationship when I was diagnosed nor am I in one now. But I can say for sure maybe trying a new approach to your new normal..

- Maybe having a conversation about how things are different, and therefore your needs will be too. Do you need different things to help you stimulate your self. Redefine pleasure for yourself...maybe its not intercourse just yet...maybe its just sexual touch.Im hoping your husband can meet you where you are.

- Im not afraid to share that I was very nervous about approaching pleasure for myself as a patient...my therapist is also a sex therapist. She encouraged me to explore self pleasure and after I was able to maintain my atrophy I began a health habit of self pleasure. I invested in a very nice self pleasure tool and its help me keep my vagina and the rest of my body healthy. Vaginal dilators also help too!

Maybe some other folks can chime in...

Please explore this specific forum!

Wishing you well!

Feb 22, 2021 05:15PM sharon0706 wrote:

Hi all. Glad to find this thread. I finished TC last week and am wiped out. Today I had my second Lupron shot and started taking letrozole. My oncologist prescribed Estring when I told her sex was painful. About to go pick it up at the pharmacy. Does anyone who has used it have any tips?

Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2008 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 8/24/2020, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/20/2020 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 11/23/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Feb 23, 2021 11:47AM Moderators wrote:

Jumping in to let you know that HEAL magazine (part of CURE Media Group) is interested in interviewing people about the sexual side effects of cancer treatment,. The writer is on a tight deadline, so in case you may be interested in sharing your experiences, please email or call Katherine Malmo katherinemalmo.com/portfolio, Phone: 206-498-4783

Thanks!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 3 of 3 (67 results)