Join Us

We are 224,278 members in 83 forums discussing 163,476 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Vaginal DHEA

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters —

A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Aug 13, 2021 08:31PM - edited Aug 13, 2021 08:32PM by DeRein

DeRein wrote:

Hi

I am a Canadain Women age 59

Well it has been almost 2 yrs. I was diagnosed with Lobular Breast Cancer ( intermediate stage ) I had a mastectomy and 4 lymphnodes removed 2 of them were micrometatic positve for cancer, I received 25 rounds of radiation and a prescription for Femara for the next 5 yrs. At that time I developed vaginal dryness (not to severe at that time) the Oncologist felt it was Ok for me to take Vagi fem 3 x a week but no more than that. Since then the dryness has become quite severe with almost constant irritation and pain with any type of relations. Penatrative relations are almost impossible even with lots of lube during and before. I have been seeing a gynecologist who has suggested Vaginal DHEA, In researching this it appears to be ok to take as it does not have any systemic effects on the estrogen levels.

Has anyone taken this and does it work ? It is possible that I may have to pay out of pocket for this as my insurance may not cover this ( I am still in process of inquiring if it will be covered ) My Cancer was ER positive ,Pr negative Hr positive.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Aug 13, 2021 09:37PM Trishyla wrote:

Hi, DeRein. I left you an answer on the other thread you started, as did the moderators. It would be best for you to just stick to one thread, rather than starting a new one. It will minimize confusion.

Trish

Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 9/6/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/28/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 4/4/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 8/5/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Aug 14, 2021 05:51PM wallycat wrote:

The recommended vagifem treatment is 2 solid weeks, daily, then 2xweek. That initial 2weeks daily makes a world of difference.

HAve you tried the Estring? That is a ring insert that is left for 3 months. My onco has OKd that.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Aug 14, 2021 07:49PM ShetlandPony wrote:

You can also search the BCO discussion group for the brand name "Intrarosa" or the generic name "prasterone".

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)