We are 191,923 members in 81 forums discussing 142,846 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Share Your Experiences Of Life After A Breast Cancer Diagnosis → Topic: Stop Smoking Support Thread

Topic: Stop Smoking Support Thread

Forum: Share Your Experiences Of Life After A Breast Cancer Diagnosis —

Share your experiences of life after a breast cancer diagnosis and offer advice on how you cope with life's daily challenges, including how you develop a new daily/weekly routine while you deal with breast cancer.

Posted on: Jan 14, 2009 12:12AM

webwriter wrote:

Some of us will, some of us won't, but it's an ugly beast to try to tackle alone. I think I'd rather have cancer than quit. Sadly, I can't quit cancer. Dunno if I can quit smoking or not, but I just read a study that says smoking (nicotine) interferes with and blocks chemo by 61%.

http://www.jointogether.org/news/research/summaries/2006/nicotine-hinders.html

joeoncology.blogspot.com/2006/...

If I'm gonna have to go through this crap, it darned well better work. I've come to terms with every other aspect of this mess I've been presented with so far. Sometimes with tears, sometimes with humor, sometimes with quiet hugs from hubby. Smoking not so much. I like it. It's my friend, my crutch, my safe harbor in a crazy world. It's killing me. It's time to say good-bye.

My quit date is 1/19/09. My husband will be joining me. Cold turkey for me, patches for him. (I am avoiding more nicotine just as much as I am sugar.) 

Anyone out there care to join us?

www.acoffeebreakcafe.com/CBC/b... Dx 11/24/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/19 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 440 of 444 (13,316 results)

Posts 13171 - 13200 (13,316 total)

Mar 6, 2017 10:43PM kbt wrote:

Thanks MinusTwo,

I was able to take off the dressing and tape and can begin nursing the rash. This is a new thing for me since my biopsy bandages pulled off a part of my skin and gave me a rash. Now it seems like a regular occurrence. The tech who did my bone scan used the special tape after I told him I had a reaction. I tried to tell the pre-op nurse before my port, but either she didn't listen or wasn't there for post op.

I am going to ask them for the barrier and tape you mentioned at the center. I'm going to experiment with some of the stuff listed in the forum too. I am allergic to cortisone cream, so I am stuck with bendryl cream or I have tried coconut oil with some success. Last thing we need is getting an infection from tape pulling/aggravating our skin so close to the port and other "sensitive areas". I still have a raw spot from the biopsy bandage.

Honey, sending you energy for your last treatment. Are you on the AC? Have you been working through it? I am like you, I hate smoking now, but just can't seem to lay them down. We can do it!

Thanks for this group!!!

Dx 2/3/2017, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/9/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 8/1/2017 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Mar 6, 2017 11:04PM MinusTwo wrote:

kbt - after two tape issues, I always carry some Hypafix or Medipore tape with me in my chemo/surgery bag- although most hospitals have Medipore. My infusion center has the Applicare barrier in individual packs and gave me several extra. The hospital has Cavilon, and I got a box of those individual packs from a friend after her husband died. He was using it for a barrier around his feeding tube. You can probably buy both tapes at medical supply stores or on Amazon. You can probably buy Cavilon locally. It's a 3M product. Applicare only ships in boxes of 500 or 1000.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Mar 7, 2017 08:43AM Eian01 wrote:

Hey fellas, I really need to stop smoking, I have quit for up to Two years before then started again. Love the support here, any advice would be welcome, feel free to PM me Eian

Mar 7, 2017 04:07PM MinusTwo wrote:

Eian - welcome. When I joined this thread, I just started at the beginning and read a little more each day. Strangely enough I found reading 'stop smoking' blogs kept me from going out for a smoke.

Where are you in the BC process? Are you waiting for surgery? Or completed? If you go to My Profile, you can post your diagnosis and treatment so we'll be better able to share your journey.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Mar 7, 2017 10:01PM HoneyBeaw wrote:

Hi minus

My Chemo is 4 rounds of TC started back in Jan . I have chemo every 21 days

Surgery 11/27/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 12/5/2016, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2016 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/15/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 11, 2017 01:59PM BosumBlues wrote:

Hey friends. I am smoking like a beast so I don't check in much but don't think I am not thinkin' of you all.

Welcome to the new ones and best of luck with this monkey on your back. It is a tough one to beat but as many here can testify, it is possible and millions of Americans have done it. "If first you don't succeed....".

Dx IDC

Mar 11, 2017 04:00PM MinusTwo wrote:

Oh yay, there's Bosum. Now we need to hear from LisaMarie.

Mar 11, 2017 04:18PM - edited Mar 11, 2017 04:19PM by BosumBlues

Minus, yep, we need Lisamarie. Talk about INSPIRATION! You new girls don't know much about Lisamarie unless you have read the back threads, but she survived and thrived despite incredible odds. We all have a special place in out heart for her and having known her I know all things are possible.

Minus, :)

Dx IDC

Mar 11, 2017 04:47PM MinusTwo wrote:

So speaking of moving forward (no, I'm not leaving this thread). I'm going to take a trip next week to the Pacific Northwest to stay with friends in the Olympic Peninsula in Washington and then drive down through Portland and go west to stay with a friend in Newport, OR right on the Pacific Ocean. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. Except they, like so many others, are having an unseasonable winter. It's still 36/55 when spring should be in the air. I may have to miss my favorite activity of walking on the beach, but I can still eat Dungeness Crab & fresh Salmon & all the delicious cold water fish.

But wait for it... this truly is smoking related. I have not seen either of these friends in 30 years. It just occurred to me the other night that I never wanted to go visit friends BECAUSE I COULDN'T SMOKE. And I didn't really invite people to stay at my house either, because I smoked and the house smelled nasty. How sad is that?? Both of these women were/are close friends who basically read the same books, like the same music, raised our kids with the same rules, feel the same way about government, enjoy a glass of good wine, etc. etc. and here I haven't seen them in 30 years because smoking was more important. Something was wrong in my head. My world view was skewed. I'm looking forward to this trip all the more for the years of friendship my stupid smoking addiction caused us to miss.

Not to mention that the trip is being paid for by all the cigarettes I haven't smoked. I won't have to race outside the airport for a fix. Or stand in the rain outside a restaurant. Or take up all that room in my suitcase with a carton or two.

Hang in there ladies. It's worth it.

Mar 11, 2017 10:14PM HoneyBeaw wrote:

Minus

Its so funny you mention the smoking and now inviting friends over , I have in the last few weeks just started to realize the same thing, I would not go places because I could not smoke . I think about that now how crazy it is. Not that I can claim to be a non smoker yet but Im getting there and never will I turn down a invite or miss out on something due to smoking

Surgery 11/27/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 12/5/2016, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/26/2016 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 1/15/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Mar 11, 2017 11:38PM MinusTwo wrote:

Honey - weird that we're having similar thoughts.

Mar 12, 2017 09:39AM BosumBlues wrote:

Minus, have a wonderful time. I have never been to that part of the country but it sounds so beautiful and I hope to travel there some day. I use to have friends in Seattle and I turned down numerous opportunities to visit but now they live in Los Angeles and I kinda missed my chance. Godspeed Minus.

In later years when I had a family and a home I did not smoke in the house but now I am living alone and live in a tiny one room apartment in which I smoke inside. It is really disgusting. My windows are constantly nicotine smeared, blinds and walls are tinged and stained and the bathroom tiled walls from the steam drip yellow brown condensation. I too want no one to visit. Oh, and I had some gorgeous designer clothes and took them into a high end consignment shop. She told me they smelled like smoke and could not accept them unless they were all dry cleaned. Smoking is such a disgusting habit!

Dx IDC

Mar 16, 2017 11:34AM kbt wrote:

Minus, I hope you are having a fabulous time visiting friends, enjoying the food, fellowship and views. I have never been to the west coast and hope to some day. We shall live vicariously through you until that day.

Bosom and Honey, I had a set back and bought more cigarettes and am back up to 10 per day. I don't smoke in the house or car (anymore) but my back porch where I go is my escape and I need to figure out a way to go enjoy my respite without the nasty habit. I also need to find another "escape". I just need to keep in mind my son (who desperately wants me to quit and feels like my not quitting is not fighting has hard as I can), plus the saved money. I could go on that west coast trip if I stopped.

Lisa's story is worth reading back. She is so inspiring!

My relate-able moment with you guys is not - not going, but going and missing something because I stepped away to hide and smoke. So, sad that we missed moments because of this yucky habit.

Thanks for always being there and offering help!

Kimberly

Dx 2/3/2017, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/9/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 8/1/2017 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Mar 16, 2017 01:27PM VJSL8 wrote:

From my book, "How to Win at Quitting Smoking". For a free PDF copy, just send me a PM with your email address:

Break your automatic "habit" cigarettes before you quit. The conditioning of your brain to expect nicotine has become linked to almost anything in your environment and will now trigger a craving: sitting down in your favorite chair or at the computer, smelling coffee or getting into your car. Give yourself the opportunity to break your knee-jerk behavior while your brain is still getting nicotine.

Activity: Make a Smoking Corner and Smoke by the Clock.

Set up a place to smoke which is away from all household activities — someplace you don't normally go, and only smoke there. It could be the side of the house, by the garbage cans, in a corner of the garage or down the street at the neighbors' garbage can. Don't make it someplace you enjoy going to, rather someplace you don't like and don't normally spend much time there.

If you already smoke outside, for example on your patio or porch, find someplace new. After you quit smoking, you want to be able to go to your patio without it triggering a craving to smoke. Change the place where you used to smoke to a new relaxation corner where no smoking is allowed. Practice your relaxation techniques there and/or use this area to work on your Action Plan.

Smoke by the Clock. Schedule your smoking. Don't smoke whenever you want to, instead let the clock dictate when you smoke. Choose a time schedule so you smoke often enough to avoid having strong cravings or withdrawals:

• 10 cigarettes a day equals 1 every two hours.
  • 20 cigarettes a day equals 1 cigarette every hour.
  • 40 cigarettes a day equals 1 every half hour.

Once you decide on how often you will smoke, only smoke at those times. For example: If you choose to smoke one cigarette an hour and you wake up at 6 am, smoke your first cigarette at that time, then again at 7 am, 8 am, 9 am, etc. and every hour for the rest of the day. Don't smoke at any other time. If you have physical withdrawals, decrease the time interval between cigarettes or use a short acting nicotine medication, but don't smoke when you want to, only when the clock dictates.

If you don't feel the need to smoke when it is your time to smoke, you don't have to, but acknowledge you cannot have another cigarette until it is your next "time to smoke". Don't try to cut down—the purpose is to learn new behaviors while breaking your old associations and not go through nicotine withdrawals at the same time.

When it is your "time to smoke", go to your Smoking Corner, stand (unless you have a physical challenge) and smoke. In your Smoking Corner, don't do anything else except smoke. Don't take your coffee with you. Don't take your cell phone. Don't listen to your iPod. Don't leave a window open and watch TV. Don't talk to others. The purpose is not to multi-task when you smoke but to give yourself time to be conscious of what you are doing. By separating your smoking behavior from your other behaviors, you are "breaking your habit".

After you have smoked a cigarette, go back into the house and go about your normal activities. Have your cup of coffee, watch television, or sit at the computer. See how it feels to be doing this activity without smoking. It might feel weird, but this is normal. Remind yourself that this strange feeling is just a thought about smoking and not a physical craving. This is the time to practice the alternative behaviors you have been thinking of trying which will become the basis for your Action Plan.

Stop smoking in your car. If you are driving when it is your "time to smoke", pull over to a safe area and get out of your car to smoke. Leave your cigarettes in the trunk so you don't automatically smoke without thinking.

Don't smoke with other people. If your work place has a designated smoking area, stand off to a corner by yourself. Don't socialize with your fellow smokers while you smoke. It's OK to talk with them but not while you have a cigarette in your hand.

If you are at a social event, don't smoke with others but go off to a secluded area to attempt to stay with the spirit of having a Smoking Corner. When at a friends house, don't join them in smoking but let them smoke and you go outside by yourself when you want to smoke.

VJ Sleight, 1st diagnosis: 1987, stage 2, ER+, 0/18 nodes, lympectomy, radiation and chemo. cancer free for 22 years, 10 months and 27 days. www.StopSmokingStayQuit.blogspot.com Dx 8/2/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 16, 2017 03:33PM kbt wrote:

VJ,

Great ideas! Thank you. I will try the tips.

Mar 16, 2017 10:29PM HoneyBeaw wrote:

KBT

I totally understand, one day I have 5 the next 10, I try very hard to cut by one each week and thus far it was working...........had some bad days and screwed it all up I really love my morning coffee and smoke and its the hardest one to get rid of . My kids who are 32 and 27 have not said much about me still smoking , as both Dr's were clear that smoking did not cause the BC but will cause lung and that I needed to quit.asap... I think the kids are just relived , they see how much I have cut back and how hard I'm trying . Hubby is supportive as he can be , closet smoker thinks no one knows hes still smoking .

I have found I just have to avoid certain things as they are triggers for me to smoke and one is my back deck. I love setting there in the early morning with my coffee but cant do that and not want to smoke ,......so until Im stronger I just don't go out there .

So my friend tomorrow is a new day try and stay strong , I know it sucks and makes you crazy.... I have been so out of control all week, high one day and depressed as hell the next. I so need to go back to work to get my mind off all that is going on .

VJ Good advise and your right it does really work, when its your time to smoke you can only smoke nothing elece, no TV, phone, computer and only the smoking spot . It suck and makes smoking suck because its actually boring to just smoke in a uncomfortable spot . Key is not breaking the rules.......which I have managed to do several times this week.......Sometimes I could kick my own ass .

Mar 20, 2017 09:33AM lisamarie68 wrote:

Hi Ladies ,

I am so sorry I have not been here .. Life is so hectic . I have been working like crazy ...I am going to Florida this weekend to look at my new home that I am buying .. so excited .. I will be moving there in September .. St Cloud Florida ... I am still busy trying to figure out how to get my RN ... still not smoking .. its 2 and 1/2 years now . I cant believe it ... I am so grateful to you all.. without you ladies this never would happen ... I miss you all so Much .. Minus , Bosom, Jusi, April , and VJ..

to any newbies ... all i can say is one day at a time sometimes a moment at a time .. and just keep on moving forward even if you slip and most of all stay here and stay close. These ladies are wonderful ... It took me a while but they never gave up on me and encouraged me every step pf the way .. I never imagined I could quit ...but here I am ..

well as always gotta run and go to work 2 jobs today ... Hugs to you all

Lisa marie

lisamarie Dx 1/18/2012, LCIS, 0/13 nodes, ER+ Surgery 4/24/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 4/24/2012 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/12/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 2/12/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Mar 20, 2017 09:45AM april485 wrote:

Wow Lisamarie! To say you have come a long way in a few years is such an understatement! Love and hugs and may your new home be all you dreamed of. And the best part will be NO MORE SNOW and ice and cold! xoxoxo

Hi everyone! Quiet here with Minus on vacation. Best of luck to all who are trying to quit. I know how hard it is!! One minute at a time...

"Fear has been a huge dictator in my life - so I am trying to stage a coup!" ~ a friend Dx 1/30/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 2/20/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 3/10/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/21/2013 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2013 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Mar 20, 2017 08:02PM BosumBlues wrote:

Lisamarie....I remember when you were living in a car. Look at you now!

Honey, I hate to give advise here since I have quit quitting but....for what it is worth....I found Wellbutrin helpful in the past. With my quits I got very depressed and that was a drug that helped immensely. I believe I read there may be a drug interaction with Tamox where it may lesson the effectiveness, so if on that hormone inhibitor you may want to research further. Morning coffee and my cigs is my greatest pleasure. Try tea for now. Best of luck.

Minus, hope you are enjoying the trip. Miss you and look forward to hearing about your adventures.

Hey April, VJ and all the ol' timers and new.

Dx IDC

Mar 23, 2017 09:14PM BosumBlues wrote:

Tomorrow is yet another quit date. One of these times it has to stick, right? How are the newbies doing with all of this?

Dx IDC

Mar 23, 2017 11:18PM jbdayton wrote:

Praying for success!!!!!!!

The prize will be extra money to spend on you and get your reconstruction finished. Yeah!

I was finally able to quit when I wanted a recon date. I knew I needed to be smoke free for 8 weeks then my PS would nail a date down for me. Maybe you can set a date 8 weeks from tomorrow and schedule a PS appointment to discuss your stage 2 and get a date booked. Keep your eye on the prize.

You can do it.

Jeannine. My bi-lateral DIEP turned into a single DIEP due to bad veins. Next was a Ruben's flap. Wound opened requiring a wound vac. 6 revisions using fat grafting and scar revisions; completed nipples and tattoos. Dx 2/4/2013, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 3/12/2013 TAC Dx 8/26/2013, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1 Surgery 8/26/2013 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 10/9/2013 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 24, 2017 01:18PM BosumBlues wrote:

Jb, thanks, that's the plan as if I want my reconstruction I need to do this but ha,...yet another fail. Bad day to stop smoking, drinking and doing crack. I am glued to the TV watching cspan and this ACA insanity unfold. FYI, I did not know Debbie Wasserman Schultz had BC.

Tomorrow is another day. I stress much and lack accountability and discipline. :(

Dx IDC

Mar 24, 2017 02:25PM MinusTwo wrote:

Well I'm back. I had a wonderful trip visiting with old friends in Oregon & Washington and getting to know more about those states. I ate fantastic Dungeness Crab & Halibut & Ruby Red Trout & many other Pacific seafoods, walked on the Straits of Juan de Fuca by Sequim, got caught in a snow storm in the Olympic Peninsula, went to a lecture about Constitutional Law, visited a great Indie book store, saw the Yaquina Head natural area & tide pools, even visited a Medical Marijuana dispensary with one friend who had a prescription for pain from a congenital bone problem.

What I did not do ... I did NOT watch ANY news. What a relief. Bosum, it's crazy making girl. Turn it off. My friends did read me 'snippets' from the morning papers, but I just boycotted "breaking" news for 10 days. Actually I don't really watch TV anymore anyway, but I took a break from my usual newspapers & the internet entirely. We had some interesting political discussions, but not "in your face" 24/7 heartbreak.

KBT & Honey - sending positive vibes. VJ - how are you doing? Thanks for continuing to post the tips and offering your 'How To Win' book free for members of our thread. LisaMarie, hooray for a move & a new house. I looked up St. Cloud. You'll be right in the middle of the state. How did you pick that city? April - I read about your snow on another thread. Ugh! JB - good to see you. How's the recovery coming?

Mar 24, 2017 03:51PM VJSL8 wrote:

I hear ya - Bosum Blues. I get my insurance through the ACA and and I really don't know what I'm going to do it this new thing passes. I do feel lucky to live in California. There are several ideas/plans for the state to have a single payer plan available to all who live here.

VJ Sleight, 1st diagnosis: 1987, stage 2, ER+, 0/18 nodes, lympectomy, radiation and chemo. cancer free for 22 years, 10 months and 27 days. www.StopSmokingStayQuit.blogspot.com Dx 8/2/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 24, 2017 07:06PM jbdayton wrote:

Recovery is awesome this time. I saw the PS this past Monday. No need to see him again unless something weird happens. I am finally able to accept the results and move on.

I am thinking about finding a job. I think it will help me move on. Not sure my husband agrees but he will suppprt whatever decision I make. I am only 60 and haven't worked for almost 10 years. I quit to take care of my mother, she had Alzheimer's. I watched her until I started chemo. She passed two days before I finished my last treatment of radiation. For those who don't know my mom and I did biopsies together. She only took an AI and her tumor had already encroached her skin under her arm. They listed her as metastatic. She never understood she or I had cancer.

Jeannine. My bi-lateral DIEP turned into a single DIEP due to bad veins. Next was a Ruben's flap. Wound opened requiring a wound vac. 6 revisions using fat grafting and scar revisions; completed nipples and tattoos. Dx 2/4/2013, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 3/12/2013 TAC Dx 8/26/2013, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1 Surgery 8/26/2013 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 10/9/2013 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 24, 2017 08:14PM MinusTwo wrote:

VJ & Bosum - HOORAY - So glad you weren't tossed aside. Someone actually thought about the problem. I just saw that the Republicans pulled their health care bill. Maybe now "those people" that we elected up there to represent us will actually sit down & try to find/draft a bi-partisan solution. We're talking about people's lives - not the color of their politics.

Mar 24, 2017 08:20PM MinusTwo wrote:

JB - great news that your recovery is going so well this time. I didn't know that you & your Mom did biopsies together. Alzheimer's is such a heart breaker. My belated sympathy on your Mother's death.

On a positive note - if you haven't seen Sandra's update, she reports that Mike has actually cooked a meal - including slicing all the veggies by himself. Just unbelievable.

Mar 25, 2017 10:55AM BosumBlues wrote:

Minus, I thought of you so much while you were on vacation. i am so glad you had a wonderful time. I recall your trip to the Grand Canyon was not all that 'grand". Welcome home!

Jb, how sad about your dear momma but maybe ignorance is bliss. My mother is so sweet but her mind is failing. I would get annoyed with her during my dx and treatment in that I needed her comfort but she was oblivious and far more concerned about me not wearing a hat or having a car accident than my cancer, but in hindsight I am glad she was sheltered from my drama. I am very sorry for the loss of your mom. A job would be a wonderful thing for you. if you don't need the insurance or the income there are lots of fun things out there. Part time would be ideal especially as you adjust to your new life as a working girl again.

Well yesterday I was so relieved about the healthcare bill being pulled though I was very mindful of the others who are hurt under our current system. This is not a day to celebrate as we are back to where we started with no solutions but I am very grateful to have continued coverage. I have been so stressed for months and now I can breathe again. Speaking of breathing, today is yet another day one. I am struggling and never should have had that coffee.

Enjoy your weekend. Hugs to all.

Dx IDC

Mar 29, 2017 08:16AM lisamarie68 wrote:

Bosom , I know you can do this .. I am always here in the background routing for you .. Coffee was my downfall as other things .. but eventually i pushed through and you can too ... Hugs Girl xoxoxox

Minus .. I picked St Cloud because I lived in central Florida for 10 years before comong back to NY due to my oldest having a baby .. now its time to move on again and be Happy .. It seems you had an amazing vacation .. I am so Happy for you ...

JB , I def understand he Alzheimers as I work in a nursing home .. god bless you for all you do.

Well just stopping by ladies as you know work .. work .. work .. but I do however have a doctor appt this am .. I had a sleep study done and I have sleep apnea and need a machine .. no wonder I walk around like a zombie most of the day everyday ..

Hugs to you all ...

wishing everyone much success

Lisa Marie

lisamarie Dx 1/18/2012, LCIS, 0/13 nodes, ER+ Surgery 4/24/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 4/24/2012 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/12/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 2/12/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Mar 29, 2017 09:33AM BosumBlues wrote:

Lisamarie, you always brighten my day.

Well I am not smoke free but have cut way back to only 4. I am out of vaping juice and don't dare go to the store to buy more as I am afraid in a moment of weakness I would buy smokes. Instead I am just taking a couple puffs here and there and snuffing them out. This sucks. My greatest pleasure is coffee and cig but now I am drinking tea and sucking on mint candy. Sooooo not the same fix.

Dx IDC

Page 440 of 444 (13,316 results)