Join Us

We are 219,696 members in 84 forums discussing 161,626 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Diagnosed/treated 2018 -- Sharing our "what's next"

Forum: Share Your Experiences Of Life After A Breast Cancer Diagnosis —

Share your experiences of life after a breast cancer diagnosis and offer advice on how you cope with life's daily challenges, including how you develop a new daily/weekly routine while you deal with breast cancer.

Posted on: Dec 10, 2018 09:53AM

Beaverntx wrote:

As this year is drawing to a close, thought it would be helpful to have a place to keep in contact as we move forward. Personally I have found tremendous help here and am interested in how everyone is doing.

Diagnosed at age 77-- Oncotype 17, dealing with this bump in the road of life!!๐ŸŽ† Dx 1/24/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 1/30/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0 Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Surgery 6/15/2018 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 8 of 8 (223 results)

Posts 211 - 223 (223 total)

Sep 16, 2020 04:38PM flowergal wrote:

Hello friends,

I hope none of you have been affected by the terrible fires and hurricanes ! I know the smoke is terrible near SF where my sister lives. She is stuck in the house because of it .

My friend who had the masses found out they were fibroids and we celebrated with her!.

My recent mamograms were fine and now I am on a yearly schedule. Hope you are all staying safe and Covid free.

Dx 1/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 16, 2020 06:35PM Beaverntx wrote:

floergal, so far we have not experienced the smoke but it is coming across the northern part of the state, according to the map I just saw on the weather forecast.

Good news and celebration with your friend!

Not much change here. Still staying in most of the time and wearing masks when we go out.

Diagnosed at age 77-- Oncotype 17, dealing with this bump in the road of life!!๐ŸŽ† Dx 1/24/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 1/30/2018, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0 Surgery 1/30/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Surgery 6/15/2018 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 17, 2020 01:50AM Veeder14 wrote:

Hi

Congratulations on your clear mammogram.

Iโ€™m in Napa and the smoke has been horrible from the fires, this has been going on for a month now. The air quality got a lot worse recently. Mostly staying inside with air purifiers and windows and doors shut. Surprise, today we had good air and I just wore a mask and went on my bike ride. Iโ€™m very allergic to smoke so being careful but it was so nice to get outside

Dx 1/2/2018, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/25/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/7/2018 Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2019 Hormonal Therapy

Sep 17, 2020 11:33AM Beaverntx wrote:

Veeder, have been thinking about you and the fires! Good to hear that you were able to get out today. Fingers crossed that your air stays clear.

Sep 22, 2020 03:56AM Veeder14 wrote:

Thanks Beaverntx,

Air quality alternating between moderate and good the last few days. It all depends on the wind direction. No more orange skies at least

Dx 1/2/2018, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/25/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/7/2018 Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2019 Hormonal Therapy

Nov 25, 2020 12:25AM JosieO wrote:

Veeder, flowergal, Beaverntx, and all of my dear forum friends:

I donโ€™t need to say the obvious-we are living in a timeline no other, each of us doing our best to stay safe and healthy. But as we approach another traditional holiday not likely to be celebrated in the usual way, I offer all of you my best wishes-for health and safety, and continued thanks for the strength and friendship always freely offered through this forum.

Safe and happy Thanksgiving to all.

Josie

Nov 25, 2020 11:16AM flowergal wrote:

Hi Josie and everyone,

I hope you all are safe and will have a Happy( socially distant, hand sanitized and masked )Thanksgiving!! Hopefully, this time next year we can use our masks for dust cloths!

Dx 1/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 25, 2020 11:41AM Beaverntx wrote:

Hello all and hoping for a happy turkey day for all. ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ—

Yes, Josie, it is a sign of the times that our Tday will be just the two of us when it could be 14 of us. Love the idea of using our masks for dusting!! Really love the idea that it looks possible that we will get to the point that masks won't be needed.

Personal update: in September I took a bad fall while out walking ( have a friend who said she knew that walking was not good for your health!). Broke two teeth, had a badly bruised chin, soft tissue injury to my left arm (nondominant and not the BC side). Arm is healed, thanks to physical therapy; chin still has some discoloration, upper lip still tender and permanent teeth due to be installed next week. Lots of healthcare visits involved, at least two a week until this week. So much for staying home but I have been careful as have all the places I have been to.

Keep safe, stay well.

Nov 27, 2020 02:02PM Veeder14 wrote:

Hello Josie, flowergal, Beaverntx and all,

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving even if different this year. We did go to my parents however my husband and I have been the only ones helping them during the pandemic with bringing supplies, etc., The rest of the family wasn't invited for safety reasons. We were strict mask wearers. It's nice to be home and take off that mask!

Beaverntx, sorry to hear about your accident and injury, good PT has helped and you are getting your teeth fixed. Back when I had a fall and landed on my face and had a horribly bruised chin and face, it took forever for the bruises to go away but eventually did so hopefully yours will be gone soon.

2nd yearly mammogram coming up in December. Take care everyone.

Dec 30, 2020 02:08PM flowergal wrote:

Hello everyone and hope you had a good Christmas. We celebrated as usual- me, my husband and our dog Chip. We will have a Zoom New Years Eve visit with the 2 couples we usually ring in the new year with. It is at 8pm so I won't feel obligated to stay up til 12 and can wake up to hopefully a better new year! Stay safe and Happy , Healthy New year to you!!!

Dec 31, 2020 01:34AM JosieO wrote:

Hello dear friends all,

I will be glad to see this year end. Iโ€™m ready to put 2020 behind and to hope for improved safety, health, and security for all of you.

Jan 8, 2021 09:21PM Beaverntx wrote:

Catching up here...Glad to see 2020 in the rearview mirror but not at all pleased with this week's happenings.

My most recently scheduled 6 month check is waiting to be rescheduled due to the Covid levels in our area, Dr. is limiting office traffic to as few as possible. The office will call to reschedule when things open up. At the very slow rate vaccinations are happening in my county, me being safer may not happen for months even though my group (1b) is eligible for vaccine now. We will keep on doing what we can to be as safe as possible. Fortunately, I have no indications of BC problems so missing the appointment has not been nearly as stressful as it would have been a year or so ago!

May we all have a happy, healthy 2021.

Jan 9, 2021 12:02PM flowergal wrote:

Well, Like Beaverntx, glad to see 20202 gone but SO distressed by the assault on our democracy this last week. Will be SO GLAD when Jan 20 is here . Like you, I have no idea when the vaccine will be available for my group. Our state has none at this time . So, I'll just stay at home except for weekly grocery store run and occasional Dr. Visit. Did get my 6 month check up and labs were all food. Not scheduled for yearly Mammo til August..

Take care, stay safe in 2021.

Page 8 of 8 (223 results)