Topic: When To End Relationship with your Oncologist?

Forum: Share Your Experiences Of Life After A Breast Cancer Diagnosis —

Posted on: Jul 18, 2022 02:34PM

Posted on: Jul 18, 2022 02:34PM

priss1 wrote:

Hello friends. I was diagnosed in 2014 with early stage BC. I had a lumpectomy followed by 6 weeks radiation. I then received tamoxifen for a few years followed by letrozole, for a combined total of 8 years, completing therapy in 2021. I was wondering if I should continue to see my oncologist for annual visits even if I (hopefully) continue to have yearly normal mammograms? Curious what others do. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Jul 25, 2022 10:12PM jonib wrote:

I had BC at the end of 2008 and a recurrence in 2016. My original Medical Oncologist saw me every six months. When I had my recurrence, I switched my MO. I just thought I would continue seeing her every six months but now that I hit the 6-year mark, I have been reduced to every year (will be on Arimidex for 10 years). I hope I am not released when I hit the 10 year mark. I get mammos and MRIs yearly and need someone to prescribe the tests and monitor the findings.

Two time breast cancer survivor. Recurrence after 8 years. First time 3 mm ER-, PR-, HER2+. Recurrence 4mm - triple positive.

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Scroll to top button