We are 199,618 members in 81 forums discussing 146,166 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Member Matchup & Local Support Groups → Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Local Support Groups —
A place for members to request and respond to requests from women looking for a one-on-one mentor, or to connect with others living in similar geographic areas.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 04:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 09:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 1086 of 1,086 (32,564 results)

Posts 32551 - 32564 (32,564 total)

Jan 7, 2018 10:25AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Life rushes us along and few people are strong enough to stop on their own. Most often, something unforeseen stops us and it is only then we have the time to take a seat at life's kitchen table. To know our own story and tell it. To listen to other people's stories. To remember that the real world is made up of just such stories. Until we stop ourselves or, more often, have been stopped, we hope to put certain of life's events "behind us" and get on with our living. After we stop we see that certain of life's issues will be with us for as long as we live. We will pass through them again and again, each time with a new story, each time with a greater understanding, until they become indistinguishable from our blessings and our wisdom. It's the way life teaches us how to live.

Rachel Naomi Remen

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 8, 2018 10:12AM IllinoisLady wrote:

There is an Indian proverb or axiom that says that everyone is a house with four rooms, a physical, a mental, an emotional, and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room every day, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person. -Rumer Godden

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 9, 2018 10:30AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Compassion is the basis of all truthful relationship: it means being present with love—for ourselves and for all life, including animals, fish, birds, and trees. Compassion is bringing our deepest truth into our actions, no matter how much the world seems to resist, because that is ultimately what we have to give this world and one another. -Ram Dass

Jan 10, 2018 10:17AM IllinoisLady wrote:

You are not your mind. You, a Spiritual Being,
are neither your mind nor your body.
Mind and body are your tools - to use as you choose.
Sometimes your body appears to have a will of its own,
as when it twitches or pains.
Likewise, your mind often appears to have its own will.
That incessant chattering of regret, disappointment, guilt,
shame, foreboding, worry, and fear
is your Rattlesnake Mind striking off on its own.
Know that your mind can be a vicious rattlesnake, and be cautious.
The mind can be tamed, but only with conscious effort and patience.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Jan 11, 2018 11:00AM IllinoisLady wrote:

You must not lose faith in humanity.
Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty,
the ocean does not become dirty.
- Mohandas (Mahatma) Gandhi

Jan 12, 2018 10:59AM IllinoisLady wrote:

The great affair, the love affair with life, is to live as variously as possible, to groom one's curiosity like a high-spirited thoroughbred, climb aboard, and gallop over the thick, sunstruck hills every day.It began as mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between. -Diane Ackerman

Jan 13, 2018 10:27AM IllinoisLady wrote:

You have not lived a perfect
day, even though you have
earned your money, unless
you have done something
for someone who will never
be able to repay you.

Ruth Smeltzer

Jan 14, 2018 10:39AM IllinoisLady wrote:

The value of all service lies in the spirit in which you serve and not in the importance or magnitude of the service. Even the lowliest task or deed is made holy, joyous, and prosperous when it is filled with love.

Charles Fillmore

Jan 15, 2018 10:14AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I have learned to recognize and celebrate my gifts, to enjoy my calling, to revel in my unique place in God's plan.There is genuine satisfaction in who I am, what I have, where I'm going, and what I can give to others.It is enough. -Roger C. Palms

Jan 16, 2018 10:56AM IllinoisLady wrote:

The roots of love sink down and deep and strike out far, and they are arteries that feed our lives, so we must see that they get the water and sun they need so they can nourish us. And when you put something good into the world, something good comes back to you. -Merle Shain

Jan 17, 2018 10:07AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Magic is a sudden opening of the mind to the wonder of existence. It is a sense that there is much more to life than we usually recognize; that we do not have to be confined by the limited views that our family, our society, or our own habitual thoughts impose on us; that life contains many dimensions, depths, textures, and meanings extending far beyond our familiar beliefs and concepts. -John Welwood

Jan 18, 2018 10:41AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Compassion is not a relationship between the healer and the wounded.
It's a relationship between equals.
Only when we know our own darkness well
can we be present with the darkness of others.
Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity.
- Pema Chodron

Jan 19, 2018 11:07AM IllinoisLady wrote:

As we learn to accept our character flaws and broken moments, and as we learn to accept ourselves for the times we fail and fall short in life, we grow in our capacity to accept and forgive others. And as we learn to have compassion for, and maybe even to gently and nonjudgmentally cradle what we don't like in ourselves, we, in turn, may very well end up serving as an incarnate source of compassion for others who are struggling with self-acceptance and self-forgiveness. -Gary Egeberg

7 hours ago IllinoisLady wrote:

Two today because they are perfect:

Grace is goodness and respect given freely and unconditionally.
A sense of divine love and protection bestowed on us when
we need strength and renewal. Grace helps us know we are
not alone and believe we are cared for and cherished.
Grace is a drink of clear, clean water in the desert.

Sue Patton Thoele

More about grace.

The moment of grace comes to us in the dynamics of any situation we walk into. It is an opportunity that God sews into the fabric of a routine situation. It is a chance to do something creative, something helpful, something healing, something that makes one unmarked spot in the world better off for our having been there. We catch it if we are people of discernment.

Lewis B. Smedes

Page 1086 of 1,086 (32,564 results)