We are 214,047 members in 82 forums discussing 152,598 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Local Support Groups —
A place for members to request and respond to requests from women looking for a one-on-one mentor, or to connect with others living in similar geographic areas.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 04:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 09:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 1098 of 1,098 (32,931 results)

Posts 32911 - 32931 (32,931 total)

Nov 22, 2018 09:51AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I am thankful and grateful for waking up every morning and having another chance to do something good. To bring some sunshine to someone or something else ( thinking of my feral cats here who will get turkey from a can today ) and hoping for love, caring, humbleness, and grace to spread acceptance throughout the world of each other, our needs, and a shared destiny that is far more positive than negative. Let there be peace.

I hope you all have a loving and joyous Thanksgiving and are blessed a thousand times over.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 23, 2018 11:20AM IllinoisLady wrote:

It isn't always easy to act on what's in your head instead of what's in your heart. And it isn't always right to. The whole trick to knowing what to do is deciding when to make yourself listen to your head, and when it's okay to just follow your feelings.

--Steven Brust

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 24, 2018 10:09AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Nov 25, 2018 09:50AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Most people are just trying to get through the day. Be committed to learn to get from the day. Don't just get through it; get from it. Learn from it. Let the day teach you. Join the university of life. What a difference that will make in your future. Commit yourself to learning. Commit yourself to absorbing. Be like a sponge. Get it. Don't miss it. -Jim Rohn

Nov 26, 2018 10:41AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I shall try to remember all this day that I am a divine creation with infinite possibilities. -Benjamin Eitelgeorge

Nov 27, 2018 09:57AM IllinoisLady wrote:

I feel the capacity to care
is the thing which gives life
its deepest significance.

Pau Casals

Nov 28, 2018 10:53AM IllinoisLady wrote:

The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. Budda

Nov 29, 2018 10:44AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Spirituality is a flower with a thousand petals:
every act, every thought, every talk, every
movement of our heart is a part of it.

Robert Muller

Nov 30, 2018 10:38AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Doing nothing for others is the undoing of one's
self. We must be purposely kind and generous, or we
miss the best part of existence. The heart that
goes out of itself gets large and full of joy.
This is the great secret of the inner life. We do
ourselves the most good doing something for others.

Horace Mann

Dec 1, 2018 09:44AM IllinoisLady wrote:

What if we like our outrageous side best?
We "know" that the "right" thing to do is to suck it up,
put the costume and the happy face back in storage for another year,
re-dress in our frown and gray flannel suit,
and trudge back to job, chores, "responsibilities," and "duty."
Stop! Maybe TODAY is the day to put the frown and gray flannel
into that dusty storage locker, and start to LIVE.
Not just today, but EVERY DAY for the rest of your life!
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Dec 2, 2018 10:19AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Should be written on the heart.

By choosing your thoughts, and by selecting which emotional currents you will release and which you will reinforce, you determine the quality of your Light. You determine the effects that you will have upon others, and the nature of the experiences of your life. -Gary Zukav

Dec 3, 2018 10:15AM IllinoisLady wrote:

If you want peace, stop fighting.
If you want peace of mind,
stop fighting with your thoughts.
- Peter McWilliams

Dec 4, 2018 10:44AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Genuine compassion is based on the recognition that others have the right to happiness just like yourself, and therefore even your enemy is a human being with the same wish for happiness as you, and the same right to happiness as you.A sense of concern developed on this basis is what we call compassion; it extends to everyone, irrespective of whether the person's attitude toward you is hostile or friendly. -the Dalai Lama

Dec 5, 2018 10:12AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Love is something you and I must have. We must have it because our spirit feeds upon it. We must have it because without it we become weak and faint. Without love our self-esteem weakens. Without it our courage fails. Without love we can no longer look confidently at the world. We turn inward and begin to feed upon our own personalities, and little by little we destroy ourselves. With it we are creative. With it we march tirelessly. With it, and with it alone, we are able to sacrifice for others. -Chief Dan George

Dec 6, 2018 09:04AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Remember, there is no situation so completely hopeless that something constructive cannot be done about it. When faced with a minus, ask yourself what you can do to make it a plus. A person practicing this attitude will extract undreamed-of outcomes from the most unpromising situations. Realize that there are no hopeless situations; there are only people who take hopeless attitudes. -Norman Vincent Peale

Dec 7, 2018 10:47AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Every time you meet a situation, though you think at the time it is an impossibility and you go through the torture of the damned, once you have met it and lived through it, you find that forever you are freer than you were before. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Dec 8, 2018 08:25AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Simply give others a bit of yourself; a thoughtful act, a helpful
idea, a word of appreciation, a lift over a rough spot, a sense
of understanding, a timely suggestion. You take something
out of your mind, garnished in kindness out of your heart,
and put it into the other person's mind and heart.

Charles H. Burr

Dec 9, 2018 08:14AM IllinoisLady wrote:

No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.

- Charles Dickens -

Dec 10, 2018 09:39AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Knowledge is happiness, because to have knowledge--broad deep
knowledge--is to know true ends from false, and lofty things from
low. To know the thoughts and deeds that have marked humankind's
progress is to feel the great heart-throbs of humanity through the
centuries; and if one does not feel in these pulsations a heavenward
striving, one must indeed be deaf to the harmonies of life.

Helen Keller

Dec 11, 2018 09:55AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Vision stands on the shoulders of what is actual
to get a better view of what is possible.
- Mary Anne Radmacher

6 hours ago IllinoisLady wrote:

That discipline which corrects the eagerness of worldly passions,
which fortifies the heart with virtuous principles, which enlightens
the mind with useful knowledge, and furnishes to it matter of
enjoyment from within itself, is of more consequence to real felicity
than all the provisions which we can make of the goods of fortune.

Robert Bridges

Page 1098 of 1,098 (32,931 results)