We are 222,922 members in 82 forums discussing 156,988 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Local Support Groups —
A place for members to request and respond to requests from women looking for a one-on-one mentor, or to connect with others living in similar geographic areas.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 01:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 06:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 1110 of 1,110 (33,282 results)

Posts 33271 - 33282 (33,282 total)

Sep 10, 2019 03:03AM IllinoisLady wrote:

As I look back at the entire tapestry of my life, I can see from the perspective of the present moment that every aspect of my life was necessary and perfect. Each step eventually led to a higher place, even though these steps often felt like obstacles or painful experiences. -Wayne Dyer

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 11, 2019 02:57AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Blessed are they who have learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate. -William Arthur Ward

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 13, 2019 07:29AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Faith is a friend by our side. When we allow it in, faith acts as a floor beneath our feet. When we make choices rooted in faith, we trust that there is a power, an unseen force, guiding us. When we have faith, we know that we are being taken care of. Faith gives us the ability to look beyond our immediate circumstances and imagine brave new choices for the future. Faith means trusting in something beyond what we know. Having faith that we are part of a bigger whole allows us to melt away our separateness. Faith gives us strength and reassurance and leaves us bathed in the wisdom that we are never alone. -Debbie Ford

Sep 14, 2019 07:37AM IllinoisLady wrote:

The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace.
A persistent simplification will create an inner and outer well-being
that places harmony in one's life.
- Peace Pilgrim

Sep 15, 2019 02:24AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Our fear is even stronger when we think we are responsible for others--our children, for example. We want to spare them pain, and so we forget to listen to the Sound of Creation. No one learns from someone else's mistake. If we respect others, we must recognize that they have a right to their own dance. Their own spirits will guide them. -unattributed

Sep 17, 2019 06:59AM IllinoisLady wrote:

There is no more searching test of the human spirit than the way it behaves when fortune is adverse and it has to pass through a prolonged period of disappointing failures. Then comes the real proof of the person. Achievement, if one has the ability, is a joy; but to take hard knocks and come up smiling, to have your mainsail blown away and then rig a sheet on the bowsprit and sail on—this is perhaps the deepest test of character. -Harry Emerson Fosdick

Sep 18, 2019 02:14AM IllinoisLady wrote:

It seems, oddly enough, that it's people with a strong faith who are best able to live in the present moment. Enjoyment of the present, care for the quality of life: these are a kind of reverence, a kind of faith in life itself. The present is valuable, this faith tells us: it is all we have.

Karen Casey

Sep 19, 2019 10:20AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Don't expect perfection and things to go the way you want them to when it comes to people, business, your prospects, and your social life. When things don't go according to your desires, when the weather of life is foul, be creative and consider what may be the higher reasons why this is happening and why you must adjust. Perhaps it's to gain forbearance, patience, inner strength, flexibility, or the ability to withhold criticism while serving as a loving model. -Michael Goddart

Sep 20, 2019 06:58AM IllinoisLady wrote:

You are goodness and mercy and compassion and understanding. You are peace and joy and light. You are forgiveness and patience, strength and courage, a helper in time of need, a comforter in time of sorrow, a healer in time of injury, a teacher in time of confusion. You are the deepest wisdom and the highest truth; the greatest peace and the grandest love. You are these things. And in moments of your life you have known yourself as these things. Choose now to know yourself as these things always.

Neale Donald Walsch

Sep 21, 2019 04:33AM IllinoisLady wrote:

We need to find the "middle way" in our own lives. It is the art of finding balance. Reflecting upon our lives, we soon discover what serves us well--nurturing calmness, ease, and simplicity. We also discover what it is that leads to entanglement, confusion, distress, and anxiety. Wisdom is being able to discern the difference, then knowing what we need to nurture and what we need to learn to let go. -Christina Feldman

Sep 22, 2019 06:55AM IllinoisLady wrote:

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

-- Martin Luther King Jr.

An hour ago IllinoisLady wrote:

It costs you nothing to make another happy -
and you gain your true self through the act of spreading joy.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Page 1110 of 1,110 (33,282 results)