Join Us

We are 223,107 members in 83 forums discussing 162,828 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups —
A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 09:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 02:29PM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 1135 of 1,135 (34,034 results)

Posts 34021 - 34034 (34,034 total)

Jul 21, 2021 07:11PM IllinoisLady wrote:

First renew your own body, mind and emotions;
be kind, compassionate, and gentle with yourself.
Then use your regenerated strength and commitment
to be of service to the less fortunate.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 22, 2021 03:44PM IllinoisLady wrote:

It's not in the DOing, it's in the BEing.
Whatever you do or don't do in your lifetime,
your greatest contribution
to current and future generations
will be the happiness and joy
you generated and radiated to those around you.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 23, 2021 03:21PM IllinoisLady wrote:

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word "happiness" would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity. -Carl Gustav Jung

Jul 24, 2021 07:36PM IllinoisLady wrote:

There are those who give little of the much they have--and they give it
for recognition and their hidden desire makes their gifts unwholesome.
And there are those who have little and give it all.
There are those believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty.
There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.
And there are those who give with pain, and that pain is their baptism.
And there are those who give and know not pain in giving,
nor do they seek joy, nor give with mindfulness of virtue;
They give as in yonder valley the myrtle breathes its fragrance into space.
Through the hands of such as these God speaks,
and from behind their eyes He smiles upon the earth.

Khalil Gibran

Jul 25, 2021 03:23PM IllinoisLady wrote:

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jul 26, 2021 03:36PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Peace of mind just can't be bought. Trust me: Even if your conscience doesn't stop you from playing dirty to get what you want, once you get it, it will keep you from enjoying it. As my mother used to say, "A good conscience is God's eye." Which is why I always prefer a loss to an underhanded gain; the one brings pain at the moment, the other for all time. -Patti LaBelle

Jul 27, 2021 03:30PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Neither circumstances nor surroundings can bring contentment. Only by fitting ourselves to meet conditions as they are, calmly and courageously, may we hope to reconcile ourselves to our position and conditions of life. -Fred van Amburgh

Jul 28, 2021 03:20PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Tall order at times.

Once we are destined to live out our lives
in the prison of our mind,
our duty is to furnish it well.
- Peter Ustinov

Jul 29, 2021 03:22PM IllinoisLady wrote:

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. . . . The moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves, too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Jul 31, 2021 04:19PM IllinoisLady wrote:

All my experience of the world teaches me that in ninety-nine cases out of a hundred the safe side and the just side of a question is the generous side and the merciful side. -Anna Brownell Jameson

Aug 1, 2021 03:15AM - edited Aug 1, 2021 05:30AM by ChiSandy

I know this is not an inspirational quote, but it is an issue important to many of us Illinois ladies, especially those of us living up north in the Chicago area. I have decided to put all my Cubs T-shirts & jerseys (regardless of size) in storage. The money-grubbing (and Trump-supporting) Ricketts family who owns the team (and most of the hotels & restaurants surrounding Wrigley Field) have over the past couple of days traded away nearly all the fan favorites from the 2016 World Series champion team (except catcher David Ross, who is currently the manager and whose days are also probably numbered if the team keeps losing). What particularly stings is that Chicago native Anthony Rizzo--a childhood leukemia survivor who runs a Chicago charity for local kids with cancer--went to the hated Yankees. He promises that this will still be his home in the off-season, though. The only less-painful trade was sending ace reliever Craig Kimbrel to the White Sox (so he'll still play for Chicago, and the Sox's Madrigal will be a Cub).

Today I went to Dick's Sporting Goods and bought some Sox gear--including decals for Bob's car. After all, his entire medical career--and all our income and resources--has been on the South Side.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 1, 2021 08:13PM IllinoisLady wrote:

In our rough and rugged individualism, we think of gentleness as weakness, being soft and virtually spineless. Not so!Gentleness includes such enviable qualities as having strength under control, being calm and peaceful when surrounded by a heated atmosphere, emitting a soothing effect on those who may be angry or otherwise beside themselves, and possessing tact and gracious courtesy that causes others to retain their self-esteem and dignity. Instead of losing, the gentle gain.Instead of being ripped off and taken advantage of, they come out ahead! -Charles Swindoll

Aug 3, 2021 04:35AM IllinoisLady wrote:

Although many of us probably didn't get a thorough education in the value of a positive attitude, we can teach ourselves. Simply by making a decision to look for the good, happy, and beautiful in all things and all people, you will have completed the first and most important step in learning to accentuate the positive.

Sue Patton Thoele

17 hours ago IllinoisLady wrote:

In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us.

Flora Edwards

Page 1135 of 1,135 (34,034 results)