Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups — A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 04:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 09:29AM by ritajean

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 04:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 09:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 3429 of 3,433 (34,329 results)

May 18, 2022 07:35PM illinoislady wrote:

If we knew the true power of belief and positive thinking, we would never have a negative thought.

Susan Santucci

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 19, 2022 01:34AM rose312 wrote:

Anyone here live south of Springfield? I live in Coffeen.

Radiation Therapy 10/1/2021 Left breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy

May 19, 2022 10:14AM illinoislady wrote:

Rose, I am likely south and east of you as well. I think though still roughly three to 3 & 1/2 hours away. My little and it is certainly that, is almost directly across from St. Louis, Missouri. That is 77 or 80 miles to the west of us.

You usually only see my name here as I leave quotes daily. Some of the people who were here daily long timbe back ( when we all pretty much were fairly newly diagnosed ) still check to read the quotes, but don't really post anymore. Doesn't mean that no one else will answer your question, but only to let you know that most of the activity on here is more likely to be me for sure.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 19, 2022 10:16AM illinoislady wrote:

We believe that it is difficult to let go, but in truth, it is much more difficult and painful to hold and protect. Reflect upon anything in your life that you grasp hold of--an opinion, a historical resentment, an ambition, or an unfulfilled fantasy. Sense the tightness, fear, and defensiveness that surrounds the grasping. It is a painful, anxious experience of unhappiness. We do not let go in order to make ourselves impoverished or bereft. We let go in order to discover happiness and peace.

Christina Feldma

May 20, 2022 10:01AM illinoislady wrote:

We are all born with a belief in God. It may not have a name or face. We may not even see it as God. But it is there. It is the sense that comes over us as we stare into the starlit sky, or watch the last fiery rays of an evening sunset. It is the morning shiver as we wake on a beautiful day and smell a richness in the air that we know and love from somewhere we can't quite recall. It is the mystery behind the beginning of time and beyond the limits of space. It is a sense of otherness that brings alive something deep in our hearts. -Kent Nerburn

May 21, 2022 10:21AM illinoislady wrote:

Of all the gifts that wise Providence
grants us to make life full and happy,
friendship is the most beautiful.

Epicurus

May 22, 2022 08:05AM illinoislady wrote:

Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants. -Epictetus

May 23, 2022 09:41AM illinoislady wrote:

Affirmation of life is the spiritual act by which people cease to live unreflectively and begin to devote themselves to their lives with reverence in order to raise them to their true value. To affirm life is to deepen, to make more inward, and to exalt the will-to-live.

Albert Schweitzer

May 25, 2022 10:14AM illinoislady wrote:

Personal prayer, it seems to me, is one of the simplest necessities of life, as basic to the individual as sunshine, food and water--and at times, of course, more so. By prayer I mean an effort to get in touch with the Infinite. We know that our prayers are imperfect. Of course they are. We are imperfect human beings. A thousand experiences have convinced me beyond room of doubt that prayer multiplies the strength of the individual and brings within the scope of his capabilities almost any conceivable objective.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

May 25, 2022 04:45PM chisandy wrote:

We here in the Chicago area are on alert for tornadoes. The Fox River Valley (around Elgin) and now all of DuPage and extreme western Cook County including just NW of O'Hare are under active tornado warnings (i.e., cyclones spotted). Oddly, there's not much of a storm system (no thunder, lightning, drenching rain) but instead a pattern of wind shear causing rotation. Right here in the city by the lake it's 70F, bright and sunny. But we're expecting an actual system coming up from the south through around dinnertime. (And all this will be hitting southern Ontario after midnight tonight).

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right) Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Page 3429 of 3,433 (34,329 results)

Scroll to top button