Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups — A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 01:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 06:29AM by ritajean

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 01:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 06:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 3432 of 3,433 (34,329 results)

Jun 16, 2022 05:45AM illinoislady wrote:

Imagine your mind as a garden and thoughts as the seeds you plant. Habitual

negative, unhealthy, self-critical thoughts produce the weeds and thistles of

depression, discontent, and anxiety in the garden of your mind. Luckily, the

opposite is also true. Consistently planting positive, healthy, constructive

thoughts will yield a crop of beautiful feelings, such as gratitude, love, and joy.

Sue Patton Thoele
Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 17, 2022 10:08AM illinoislady wrote:

"A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change."
– – Earl Nightingale

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 18, 2022 07:32AM illinoislady wrote:

Yesterday is experience. Tomorrow is hope. Today is getting from one to another as best we can.

John M. Henry

Jun 19, 2022 06:54AM illinoislady wrote:

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! – Hunter S. Thompson

Jun 20, 2022 06:32AM illinoislady wrote:

Many of us unknowingly damage our Souls with our negative attitudes and actions or by simple neglect. By making the relationship with your Soul an important part of your life, however, by honoring it in your daily routine, you give your life greater meaning and substance. Use your experiences--all of them--as opportunities to nourish your Soul!

Elisabeth Kuebler-Ross

Jun 21, 2022 07:05AM illinoislady wrote:

To be alive, to be able to see,

to walk. . . it's all a miracle.
I have adopted the technique of
living life from miracle to miracle.

Artur Rubinstein

Jun 22, 2022 06:47AM illinoislady wrote:

All the world is searching for joy and happiness, but these cannot be purchased for any price in any marketplace, because they are virtues that come from within, and like rare jewels must be polished, for they shine brightest in the light of faith, and in the service of brotherly love. -Lucille R. Taylor

Jun 23, 2022 07:12AM illinoislady wrote:

It is only in exceptional moods that we realize how wonderful are
the commonest experiences of life. It seems to me sometimes that
these experiences have an "inner" side, as well as the outer side
we normally perceive. At such moments one suddenly sees everything
with new eyes; one feels on the brink of some great revelation. It is as if
we caught a glimpse of some incredibly beautiful world
that lies silently about us all the time.

J.W.N. Sullivan

Jun 24, 2022 08:57AM illinoislady wrote:

The people of our nation and the people of the whole world need to be gripped by the moral imperatives which grow out of the nature of God, by a sense of right, by principles of truth, and by ideals of decency. Nothing is more needed by this world than a revival of simple goodness and genuine uprightness. -Clifton J. Allen

Jun 25, 2022 05:14AM illinoislady wrote:

It need not discourage us if we are full of doubts. Healthy questions keep faith dynamic. In fact, unless we start with doubts we cannot have a deep-rooted faith. One who believes lightly and unthinkingly has not much of a belief. One who has a faith which is not to be shaken has won it through blood and tears--has worked his or her way from doubt to truth as one who reaches a clearing through a thicket of brambles and thorns.

Helen Keller

Page 3432 of 3,433 (34,329 results)

Scroll to top button