Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups — A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 04:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 09:29AM by ritajean

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 04:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 09:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 3437 of 3,438 (34,371 results)

Aug 1, 2022 12:36PM ddil wrote:

How is everyone in Illinois doing? I know I’m doing ok even though I did not win the mega millions!

DeNovo Lobular ER/PR+ Her - CHEK2 mutation. Right lymph and small 1.6cm tumor, Mets to bone. Ibrance, Letrozole and Xcheva Hormonal Therapy 1/17/2022 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/17/2022 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx Right Local Metastases Bone

Aug 1, 2022 04:15PM illinoislady wrote:

I'm doing fine here in centrral/south part of Illinois. I did not win that big lottery either, drat. Then again, I don't play. Hubby does though and I figure if this household is meant to win, it should only take one of us. On occasion I might buy a scratch-off for fun and I've won on those more than lost, but I still don't do it often. I do like playing the 'machines' and we have several outlets here where you can, but that is on rare occasion as well. Guess I am a 'poor' loser so easier not to gamble often.

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 2, 2022 11:31AM illinoislady wrote:

We must always remember that possessions have no inherent value.

They become what we make them. If they increase our capacity

to give, they become something good. If they increase our focus

on ourselves and become standards by which we measure

other people, they become something bad.

When we seek a possession, we should ask ourselves if it will make us

better people, more able to share, more willing to give, more capable

of doing good in our daily lives. Possessions that increase our own

sense of self-importance are empty in comparison to those that help us

contribute something of value to the world.

Kent Nerburn
Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 3, 2022 11:15AM illinoislady wrote:

We restore the holiness of the world through our loving-kindness and compassion. Everyone participates. It is a collective task. Every act of loving-kindness, no matter how great or small, repairs the world. All those ever born have shared this collective work since the beginning of time.

Rachel Naomi Remen

Aug 4, 2022 11:06AM illinoislady wrote:

If I keep my eyes open, I see bugs and snakes and intricate
tiny flowers and cool rocks and nice smiles and beautiful
architecture and gentle kindness. If I keep my heart young
I notice great places to play, nice sunsets, cool hideouts,
neat ice formations, and strange and unusual birds and animals.
Life is never ordinary. We can make it seem ordinary
by closing our eyes and hearts to its wonder, but that's not
life's fault. I prefer to notice the little things and then leave
them be--never trying to take them with me or preserve
them--because that's what life's supposed to be, and
that's what makes me happy and keeps away disappointment.

tom walsh

Aug 5, 2022 11:35AM illinoislady wrote:

Appreciation of life itself, becoming suddenly aware of the miracle
of being alive, on this planet, can turn what we call ordinary life
into a miracle. We come awake to such a realization when
we recognize our connection to a spiritual dimension.

Dan Wakefield

Aug 6, 2022 10:38AM illinoislady wrote:

As you take a few minutes each day to quiet your mind, you will discover a nice benefit: your everyday, "ordinary" life will begin to seem far more extraordinary. Little things that previously went unnoticed will begin to please you. You'll be more easily satisfied, and happier all around. Rather than focusing on what's wrong with your life, you'll find yourself thinking about and more fully enjoying what's right with your life. The world won't change, but your perception of it will. You'll start to notice the little acts of kindness and caring from other people rather than the negativity and anger.

Jack Canfield

Aug 7, 2022 11:29AM illinoislady wrote:

Every good that you do, every good that you say, every good thought you

think, vibrates on and on and never ceases. The evil remains only until

it is overcome by good, but the good remains forever.

Peace Pilgrim

Aug 8, 2022 10:37AM illinoislady wrote:

Do your words rain down comfort? Love chooses to cover instead of condemn. Job's choice confronts us daily. Some people provoke us to exchange blow for blow, gossip for gossip, curse for curse, rebuke for rebuke. To speak as Job's comforters spoke requires no wisdom or strength from God. That kind of speech comes naturally. But if we choose to use our words to encourage and comfort, we will need supernatural strength. God is ready when you are. -Jan Carlberg

Aug 9, 2022 03:37PM illinoislady wrote:

Certainly, in our own little sphere it is not the most active people to whom we owe the most. Among the common people whom we know, it is not necessarily those who are busiest, not those who, meteor-like, are ever on the rush after some visible charge and work. It is the lives, like the stars, which simply pour down on us the calm light of their bright and faithful being, up to which we look and out of which we gather the deepest calm and courage. -Phillips Brooks

Page 3437 of 3,438 (34,371 results)

Scroll to top button