Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups — A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 02:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 07:29AM by ritajean

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 02:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 07:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 3442 of 3,442 (34,420 results)

Sep 21, 2022 08:53AM illinoislady wrote:

A heightened state of awareness comes when we look, and then look again, and then relax into whatever situation we are in. When we have a capacity for fascination with simple things, we are able to sit peacefully for hours on a park bench, or in an airport, engrossed by the different gaits and gestures of people as they walk, talk, and stand. We develop the ability to be patient as we stand in line at the grocery store because we have the ability to look with fascination and wonder at all that surrounds us.

Charlotte Davis Kasl

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 22, 2022 06:53AM illinoislady wrote:

In the face of circumstances that drive others to madness, awakened people

have a kind of calmness and serenity inside them. They're in charge of how

they react. They're not calculating, they're not cold, they're not emotionless

people—they simply know how not to make negative assessments of the

world and what's in it. They practice having healthy reactions to whatever

happens, rather than practicing ego-driven behavior.

Wayne Dyer
Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 23, 2022 07:46AM illinoislady wrote:

Honest and courageous people have very little to say about either
their courage or their honesty. The sun has no need to boast
of his brightness, nor the moon of her effulgence.

Hosea Ballou

Sep 24, 2022 07:20AM illinoislady wrote:

There cannot be a sense of abundance or the experience of prosperity without appreciation. You cannot find beauty unless you appreciate beauty. You cannot find friendship unless you appreciate others. You cannot find love unless you appreciate loving and being loved. If you wish abundance, appreciate life. -William R. Miller

Sep 25, 2022 08:05AM illinoislady wrote:

Gratefulness brings joy to my life. How could I feel joy in what I take for granted? So I stop taking for granted, and there is not end to the surprises I find. A grateful attitude is a creative one, because, in the final analysis, opportunity is the gift within the gift of every moment-- the opportunity to see and hear and smell and touch and taste with pleasure. -David Steindl-Rast

Sep 26, 2022 08:46AM illinoislady wrote:

Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.

Charles H. Spurgeon

Sep 27, 2022 08:03AM illinoislady wrote:

Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh, and the greatness which does not bow down before children.

Khalil Gibran

Sep 28, 2022 08:26AM illinoislady wrote:

If you're wondering when you should give to or serve someone else,

I believe in doing it spontaneously, perhaps in a shared moment of

emotion. Or any time you feel like someone needs your support.

Whether you do it all the time, occasionally, or when the opportunity

arises, just do it. Reach out and give of yourself and your time.

I have seen, time and again, that happiness and enjoyment arise from

being of service in simple ways.

Lucinda Bassett

Sep 29, 2022 08:00AM - edited Sep 29, 2022 08:01AM by illinoislady

No one is happy or free who lives only for him or herself. Joy in living comes from immersion in something one recognizes to be bigger, better, worthier, more enduring than his or her own self. True happiness and true freedom come from squandering one's self for a purpose. -Carl W. McGeehon

23 hours ago illinoislady wrote:

Take care to see that you don't lose sight of the one thing that is constant, beautiful, and true: Everything will be fine—and it will turn out that way because of the special kind of person you are. So, beginning today and lasting a lifetime through, hang in there, and don't be afraid to feel like the sun is shining just for you. -Collin McCarty

Page 3442 of 3,442 (34,420 results)

Scroll to top button