Topic: Illinois ladies facing bc

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups — A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 01:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 06:29AM by ritajean

Posted on: Jan 13, 2007 01:10AM - edited Jan 9, 2009 06:29AM by ritajean

ritajean wrote:

I'm very curious about all the Illinois ladies who are making this breast cancer journey or who have finished it. Where are you located? What's your diagnosis? Where are you in your treatment plan? How's it going for you?

I thought we might be surprised to find somebody right in our own back yard that could use some encouragement or company.

I'll start us out. I live in Bloomington. I was diagnosed in Nov. 2006 with IDC cancer, 1.4 cm. er-, pr+, her2-. Stage 1 but that horrid Grade 3. Had an excisional biopsy that came back without clear margins. Went to Peoria to an excellent breast surgeon. Had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy. Nodes and margins were both clear. Now I'm headed for my first CMF chemo on Jan. 26th. I'm very nervous about the chemo, which I dread more than any other part of the journey, I think.

Hop on here and tell us about yourself. There may be some of us that are even close enough we could meet for an outing some time.

Rita
Dx 11/21/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-

Page 3448 of 3,448 (34,478 results)

Nov 22, 2022 07:20AM illinoislady wrote:

This withdrawal from the day's turmoil into creative silence is not a luxury, a fad, or a futility. It is a necessity, because it tries to provide the conditions wherein we are able to yield ourselves to intuitive leadings, promptings, warnings, teachings, and counsels and also to the inspiring peace of the soul. It dissolves mental tensions and heals negative emotions.

Paul Brunton

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 23, 2022 07:29AM illinoislady wrote:

The art of thanksgiving is thanksliving. It is gratitude in action. It is applying Albert Schweitzer's philosophy: "In gratitude for your own good fortune you must render in return some sacrifice of your life for other life." It is thanking God for the gift of life by living it triumphantly. It is thanking God for your talents and abilities by accepting them as obligations to be invested for the common good. It is thanking God for happiness by striving to make others happy. It is thanking God for beauty by helping to make the world more beautiful. It is thanking God for inspiration by trying to be an inspiration for others. It is thanking God for health and strength by the care and reverence you show your body. It is thanking God for each new day by living it to the fullest. It is adding to your prayers of thanksgiving, acts of thanksliving. -Wilferd A. Peterson

Each day I am thankful for nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, dreams that turned into reality and likes that turned into love. ~~~Elizabeth Kuebler-Ross Dx 9/27/2007, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 24, 2022 02:52AM illinoislady wrote:

Deciding to be grateful for our situation, our experiences, our unique perspective, quickly changes our outlook on everything that did happen, on everything that is happening now, and on everyone we meet. Accepting that we are in charge of whatever kind of day we will have forces us to accept responsibility for our joy, which can always be ours, or our unhappiness. And being grateful feels so good. Gratitude is an attitude, and I can feel it whenever I want. -unattributed

Nov 25, 2022 07:32AM illinoislady wrote:

My heart is a home for love. I open my heart to compassion, to charity, to respect, and to recognition. I encounter those I meet with openness and with respect. I honor the path that each is walking. I salute in all that I encounter the dignity of God. All differences, all difficulties, are noticed but not condemned. I respect the individuality of every soul. I accept our equality and our brotherhood. -Julia Cameron

Nov 26, 2022 08:30AM illinoislady wrote:

What is time? The shadow on the dial, the striking of the clock, the running of the sand, day and night, summer and winter, months, years, centuries--these are but arbitrary and outward signs, the measure of Time, not Time itself. Time is the Life of the Soul.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Nov 27, 2022 08:18AM illinoislady wrote:

Expressing gratitude ignites the light within us and is a sure path to joy. Gratitude is one of the highest vibrations of energy we can create, it's free, and anyone can give it. It can be as simple as being thankful for soup, being thankful one can see, walk, wiggle a finger, or tap to a beat. One can be grateful for happy children, good neighbors, good luck, and simply being alive. . .. Part of the journey toward joy involves not waiting around for trouble but being continuously aware of our blessings.

Charlotte Davis Kasl

Nov 28, 2022 07:46PM illinoislady wrote:

Mindfulness is being aware of yourself, others, and your surroundings in the moment. When consciously and kindly focusing awareness on life as it unfolds minute by precious minute, you are better able to savor each experience. Also, being closely attentive gives you the opportunity to change unwise or painful feelings and responses quickly. In fact, being truly present in a mindful way is an excellent stress reducer and, because of that, can be seen as consciousness conditioning, a strengthening workout for body, mind, heart, and spirit.

Sue Patton Thoele

9 hours ago illinoislady wrote:

No one can give a definition of the soul. But we know what it feels like.
The soul is the sense of something higher than ourselves, something that
stirs in us thoughts, hopes, and aspirations which go out to the world of
goodness, truth and beauty. The soul is a burning desire to breathe in
this world of light and never to lose it--to remain children of light.

Albert Schweitzer
Reverence for Life

Page 3448 of 3,448 (34,478 results)

Scroll to top button