Join Us

We are 224,476 members in 83 forums discussing 163,572 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: san diego area

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups —
A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 27, 2007 07:01AM

meliaanne wrote:

I know there are at least two ladies from the San Diego area. I am in Encinitas. Anyone close by?
Melia Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 123 (3,670 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (3,670 total)

Jan 27, 2007 07:55AM BMD wrote:

I am in Vista.

We are all in God's caring hands, BrendaBMD Dx 7/14/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 28, 2007 07:43PM SoCalLisa wrote:

I am in Bonita
I know there are more
Hope we could all get together soon!!
I was lucky to find this
Maybe we could post on another thread??
Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Jan 29, 2007 02:56AM Sandra1957 wrote:

I'm in Redlands, but have a daughter in Carlsbad whom I like to visit. Let me know if you all get together.

I'm always steppin' in and out of crap!

Jan 29, 2007 03:37AM meliaanne wrote:

Where should we post it to find more ladies? I think it would be great if we could get together ... And three or four is plenty, but I know there are hundreds (thousands?) of survivors in San Diego!
Melia

Jan 29, 2007 07:45AM grubby wrote:

Wow, this would be great! I'm in Norwalk, but not that far from San Diego, Lini, maybe we could car pool! Sounds Fun!
Hugs Grubby
Dx 9/21/2005, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Jan 29, 2007 09:44AM BMD wrote:

I would love to meet from friends from bc.org.

We are all in God's caring hands, BrendaBMD Dx 7/14/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 29, 2007 01:54PM SoCalLisa wrote:

sounds like the best thing would be to meet in Del Mar or somewhere that would be easy to get to from up North..and ok for those of us who are in South county..

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Jan 29, 2007 04:42PM meliaanne wrote:

Hi All,
Del Mar area sounds fine to me. How do we organize this? How many are going thru chemo? We want to work around as many of us as we can in terms of bad days, etc. I am doing a/c, have my second one on Feb 7, but felt ok after about 5 days or so. I think it would do us all good to get together. Just being active on this board gives us something in common! Not to mention breast cancer ...
Melia

Jan 29, 2007 05:05PM SoCalLisa wrote:

I don't know how many of us work either, so maybe a Saturday for lunch somewhere would be a plan. Personally, I am retired so am a little more flexible, and also have finished treatment. How about the Saturday after Valentine's Day?? February 17th or March 10th...
Anyone know any restaurants in that area??

Jan 30, 2007 12:06PM BMD wrote:

Chevy's is right off the freeway. I just finshed chemo in December so I am doing much better. Saturdays are a little hard for me because dh works and I have the kids. They might all be at the desert on Feb 17th though. Let me check with dh before making plans.

Mondays are good for me because dh has the day off. Tues-Fri I have from 11:00-12:30 is all.

Jan 30, 2007 12:51PM Shirlann wrote:

Hi everyone, I am in Mission Valley, San Diego. I want to get on the list for a get together, it would be great!

Hugs, Shirlann

Jan 31, 2007 09:31AM SoCalLisa wrote:

How about we put in days that are good for us..
I am ok most Sat,Sun , Tues and Weds
For lunch...

Ladies??
Brenda..Chevy's sounds good easy to get to--

Chevy's
2730 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014

Lisa

Jan 31, 2007 09:35AM Sandra1957 wrote:

Ladies,

My schedule is always up in the air due to me being a substitute teacher and never knowing when the next sporting event will be for my 12 year old. Set a date and I'll check back. I'm hoping to join you if nobody minds an Inland Empire girl.

Chevy's is right down the I5 from my daughter, so it would be great to nip two in one.

lini

Jan 31, 2007 09:46AM BMD wrote:

Sundays after church also work for me. I could be there by by 11:30 or so. I am still waiting for an answer on from dh about the 17th. Maybe I could find a sitter that day.

Jan 31, 2007 10:52AM meliaanne wrote:

Hi,
I work Monday thru Friday but can make Sats or Suns ... pretty much anytime. The 17th might be tough but I will make it work if that's best for most of us. This will be fun!
Melia

Jan 31, 2007 01:06PM SoCalLisa wrote:

Melia..since you started this chain...you get to pick!!

I will be gone the middle of March..(15-19)
and can't do it the 24th of Feb. Other wise
any Sat or Sun

lini, of course we want to you come!!

Hugs, Lisa

Jan 31, 2007 05:52PM meliaanne wrote:

Hi All,
SCalLisa,
How sweet of you to let me pick. The 25th of Feb (Sat) or Mar 3 would be perfect, but I can make the 17th of Feb work. The only reason for my hesitancy re the 17th is that my daughter and her husband are coming for the weekend, but it is his birthday weekend, and his family is in SD too. He will want to spend lots of time with them. They may well be with his fam that day. I just don't know. And they are very supportive of me, will totally understand if I want to meet all of you for a couple of hours! I want to make this as easy as possible for as many ladies as we can together!

Melia

Jan 31, 2007 05:53PM BMD wrote:

dh says the 17th is fine. He is taking the day off anyway. Sat or Sun that week-end works for me.

Feb 1, 2007 09:59AM SoCalLisa wrote:

17th works for me also...Lisa

Feb 1, 2007 10:23AM BMD wrote:

Melia--One will only be gone a couple of hours unless we just can't stop chatting.

How about the rest of you. Are we on?

Feb 1, 2007 10:25AM Sandra1957 wrote:

I won't know for sure until the week of. Soccer schedule for my son is always up in the air until the last minute. Not to mention that he's starting baseball next week, too. What time are you looking at??

Feb 1, 2007 02:46PM SoCalLisa wrote:

Sounds like a plan..
How about 1200 noon on the 17th of February
at Chevy's in Del Mar??
Lisa

Feb 1, 2007 03:18PM Shirlann wrote:

SoCal Lisa, that is my son's birthday! I don' believe it. But don't change anything because of me. It is too hard.

I will catch up to you all later, I am sure.

Hugs, Shirlann

Feb 1, 2007 04:20PM BMD wrote:

Well Shirlann if you can't make it, lini doesn't know, Melia is not to sure and we have not heard from grubby yet I don't know if we have a plan.

Feb 1, 2007 05:20PM SoCalLisa wrote:

Shall we try another day...how about 3 March then

Lots of room to plan ahead that way

Seems like there will probably never be a day when everyone can make it...

Open to suggestions...seems tho that the weekends are the best way to go

Feb 1, 2007 07:11PM meliaanne wrote:

I am out of town the first weekend in March. Monterey for our annual jazz festival, two days after chemo, not sure how I will do. We go with brothers, sisters, parents, so I figure I can rest in a nice hotel as well as here. But I agree with Shirlann, we won't find a day that works for everyone, so if most can make it, I will just be sure to make the next one! It's just important to start this ... we can be our own little friendship / support group. It will be wonderful!
Melia

Feb 2, 2007 05:03AM SoCalLisa wrote:

OK how about Mar 10th?

Feb 2, 2007 07:39AM meliaanne wrote:

march 10 is absolutely perfect for me! How about the rest of you ladies???
Melia

Feb 2, 2007 01:08PM Shirlann wrote:

MARCH 10TH WILL WORK!!!

Tell me where and when, and you can't keep me away!!!

What fun!

We should all were a little Post-It with our screen names on it so we will know each other.

Love you all, Shirlann

Feb 2, 2007 01:14PM Sandra1957 wrote:

I'm going to try my darndest!!

Page 1 of 123 (3,670 results)