Topic: san diego area

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups — A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 27, 2007 07:01AM

Posted on: Jan 27, 2007 07:01AM

meliaanne wrote:

I know there are at least two ladies from the San Diego area. I am in Encinitas. Anyone close by?
Melia Log in to post a reply

Page 121 of 367 (3,670 results)

Jul 27, 2008 03:13PM socallisa wrote:

Wow Susan, you are right..we do get an education..

Remind me to tell you a story about that at our Sep lunch ( I am going to  miss Aug)

Sorry you have to deal with this from so far away... 

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Jul 27, 2008 03:50PM LisaSDCA wrote:

Yes, SoCal, That was our team in the Dragon Boat write-up in Saturday's Union-Trib. Cool

Susan - good luck with getting your mom and dad into a suitable assisted living arrangement. That's a huge undertaking while you are still recovering yourself - all that travel and coordination of care, transferring of stuff - whew - more power to you!

Jodi - good to hear from you - the new place sounds like an ideal location!

Brenda - have a BLAST at Pinkstock!

Stage IV mets to brain 11/2008 BRCA-1 positive Dx 1/24/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jul 27, 2008 08:40PM BMD wrote:

Having a blast with family in New York. The weather has been wonderful.

We are all in God's caring hands, BrendaBMD Dx 7/14/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 28, 2008 12:07PM nash wrote:

Susan--I had to laugh about the lymphedema thing. Sometimes I think we could all sit for oncology board exams. Good luck with getting your parents settled.

LisaSDCA--how cool! I missed the article--will have to go on-line and check it out!

Jodi--the new apartment location sounds great--proximity to the onc is definately important. Good luck with the move, and hope the radiation will give you some pain relief. Sorry to hear about the new fractures--that sucks.

Brenda--glad you're having a good time. Give big hugs to all our bc sisters at Pinkstock. 

Stage IV Pleomorphic ILC, initially diagnosed at age 38. Mets to brain, cranial nerves, bone and breast Dx 6/7/2007, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/19/2007 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Chemotherapy 8/1/2007 CAF Radiation Therapy 12/27/2007 Whole breast: Breast, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2008 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 4/24/2015, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 2, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/15/2015 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (Left): Latissimus dorsi flap Dx 2/1/2018, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Chemotherapy 2/15/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 6/20/2018, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Targeted Therapy 7/1/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 7/1/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy 7/3/2018 External Local Metastases 7/3/2018 Brain Radiation Therapy 7/27/2020 External Local Metastases 7/27/2020 Brain Radiation Therapy 2/23/2021 External Local Metastases 2/23/2021 Brain Chemotherapy 3/1/2022 Other Dx ILC, Other, Stage IV Radiation Therapy Other part

Aug 1, 2008 08:40AM BMD wrote:

On the road to Pinkstock. Wish you could all be here with me.

We are all in God's caring hands, BrendaBMD Dx 7/14/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 2, 2008 06:50PM Shirlann wrote:

ME TOO, Brenda, have a blast!  You must post and tell us all about it as soon as you can.

Liz, I saw the article on the Dragon Boats, am I too old?  Let me know and if their is space, etc.

Hugs, Shirl 

Aug 2, 2008 06:53PM Jodian72 wrote:

Hi again. Well, I'm actually logging on! Amazing. Good to see everyone chatting away.

Things are going well, just feeling the fatigue that is so well talked about.

Dr. Lean put me on the Neuronten. Really seems to be helping, along with steroids 3 times a day. I'm weaning back down to 50 mcg of fentanyl. I really don't like all the drugs. I'm thinking of getting involved in this pranic healing center when we get moved into Encinitas. Also, there is a yoga class for cancer patients that looks good. I'm concerned about all the 'breakage' but I am hopeful that being involved in specialty stuff will keep me healthy. I'm also really hoping the move to Encinitas will make life so much easier. Location, location, location.

Love ya all... I am with you Brenda... ALL THE WAY! Tongue out

Jodi

My Zoe's website: www.babysites.com/sites/zoeann Dx 10/27/2007, ILC, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 3, 2008 11:07AM BMD wrote:

Pinkstock was so wonderful. Take a look at that thread. I don't want to repeat myself to much today. We are on the road back to my sisters now. This has been the best vacation I have ever had.

SoCal-Not only do I know how to make the swimsuit puffy, I am bringing home one to show you how. If your suit is black you can just use this one.

Newvickie won our bag from California. She loved it. Shirlann she was wearing the jewerly you donated right away.

Well I am going to go check in over at Nosurrender's site now so I will check in when I get home.

Aug 4, 2008 08:24PM Shirlann wrote:

Oh Brenda, I can't wait to see you and hear all the stories.

I am so glad you met AE, from the Just Diagnosed site, she is a love and has had her plate, real, real full.

Talk to you soon, Shirlann 

Aug 8, 2008 02:57PM 3boys4me wrote:

Hi Ladies,

I've been MIA - I guess I'm just getting my "normal" life back and I don't seem to check in here as often.  I guess that's good as the dependency on the boards is gone, but I want to stay in touch with all of you.  I was bummed to miss the last couple get togethers, but hope to make the next one!

I'm leaving Sunday with my son to go to orientation at UCSB.  We're both exciting and looking forward to the trip.

My two youngest boys have started football and it just consumes us - in a good way ;-)  I'm just happy that I'm feeling so much better than this time last year, so can actually enjoy taking them, watching them, etc...

I've started exploring reconstruction.  The PS I saw here said to go see Dr. Robert Allen in South Carolina!  I'm exploring it as an option.  Also a Dr. Granzow up at UCLA.

Hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to see everyone at our next luncheon.

Lisa #3 

** Live Well * Laugh Often * Love Much ** Dx 2/2007, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 6/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 121 of 367 (3,670 results)

Scroll to top button