Topic: san diego area

Forum: Member Matchup & Virtual Support Meetups — A place for members, in similar geographic areas, to connect for support, local resources and referrals as well a place to meet up within the community virtually.

Posted on: Jan 27, 2007 07:01AM

Posted on: Jan 27, 2007 07:01AM

meliaanne wrote:

I know there are at least two ladies from the San Diego area. I am in Encinitas. Anyone close by?
Melia Log in to post a reply

Page 122 of 367 (3,670 results)

Aug 9, 2008 02:14PM BMD wrote:

Lisa #3-Nice to see you. You sound like you are doing really well. I am happy you are feeling like some normalcy has returned to your life. Good luck with ps's. I hope they come up with a wonderful plan for you. I don't think we have anything planned for August right now.

Does anyone want to get together in August or should we wait until September this time?

We are all in God's caring hands, BrendaBMD Dx 7/14/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 9, 2008 02:26PM socallisa wrote:

I will be gone...be back 5 Sep...

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Aug 9, 2008 06:41PM Shirlann wrote:

Well, I hate to have a luncheon without Liz, but I am able to go on Sept. 14th?  We can see what the others have to say. 

Whew, I am so glad to hear from you, Lisa#3, I was a little worried.  Sometimes you just need a break from this whole mess.  But I miss you.

AE wants to try and come, too, so weigh in girls, with what dates you can make.

Hugs, Shirl 

Aug 9, 2008 07:09PM LisaSDCA wrote:

Shirl, did you mean you cannot meet until Sept. 14th?!? I would hate for us to miss out on August altogether. Cry I know there are lots of goings-on and SoCal cannot be there, but maybe some others? I am unable to come on the 17th, but the 16th is good, as is the 23rd & 24th. How does that sit with any other potential lunchers?

On the 17th, Sunday, there will be a new Orientation practice and Potluck for all interested potential paddlers for the San Deigo Team Survivor Dragon Boat Team. No, Shirl, you are NOT too old. No one is too young or too old - the only criterion is that you be a cancer survivor. We'd love to have any and all join - we are still looking to fill the boat! You need NO experience, NO pre-existing fitness level, NO paddling experience. How'bout it?!?

Lisa

Stage IV mets to brain 11/2008 BRCA-1 positive Dx 1/24/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 10, 2008 08:43PM - edited Aug 10, 2008 08:44PM by Shirlann

Oh no, I am free almost all the days until the end of October, we are going to Niagara Falls for our 55th wedding anniversary.  So I can come anytime.

Lisa, what do you wear to the Dragon Boat thing? 

Hugs, Shirl 

Aug 10, 2008 11:25PM LisaSDCA wrote:

Shirl, I wear shorts and a t-shirt. Lots of women wear capris. Dri-weave stuff is good because sometimes you get a little damp or splashed. Some of the younger ones wear board shorts and a 'spring suit'. Heck, there's just a huge variety, 'cause there's just a huge variety of women! Beach shoes are good, as flip flops can be slippery (but women do wear those, too). I'm going to wear my silly hot pink Crocs next time! They can stand up to anything!

So, San Diego wimmins - when ARE we going to meet for lunch!?!

Lisa

Stage IV mets to brain 11/2008 BRCA-1 positive Dx 1/24/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 11, 2008 12:08AM guitarGrl wrote:

I can't do next weekend - several parties for a friend who is moving to Arkansas of all places, but the weekend after is doable.

Dx 11/29/2007, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Aug 11, 2008 03:39PM BMD wrote:

I can do the 24th.

We are all in God's caring hands, BrendaBMD Dx 7/14/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 11, 2008 05:25PM socallisa wrote:

Don't forget to take a picture!!

Biography: DX 11/2000 LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, DX 8/2001, IDC same breast--Mastectomy , Left Breast Lumpectomy... Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years

Aug 11, 2008 06:56PM Shirlann wrote:

Lisa, what time and where do you meet?  I see sculls on the end of Fiesta Island, but not sure what time, what do I bring and where to go?  Typical me.  hahahaha

Hugs, Shirl 

Page 122 of 367 (3,670 results)

Scroll to top button