Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Tampa area BCO sisters II

Options
specialk
specialk Member Posts: 9,221

The original Tampa Bay area "get together" thread was created in July 2012 after a great group of BCO sisters met for lunch. This is a new thread intended to carry on our tradition of support, companionship, fun, and camaraderie - as often as we can all get together! We welcome familiar faces and new friends alike - if you have found this thread and wish to join us - please do!

Here is the link to the previous thread - it contains a lot of love, and we thank MondaysChild for her leadership and management of our "get togethers" to date.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/34/topics/791258?page=57#idx_1694

Watch this header for updates to our schedule.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next gathering TBD

Comments

• MondaysChild
    MondaysChild Member Posts: 161
    edited March 2016
    Options

This continuing of a previous thread could not be in more caring hands. Thank you for tending to our group, SpecialK. And love to all of you.

• specialk
    edited March 2016
    Options

MC - it will be my privilege!

This is how we started, seven sisters!

• nbnotes
    nbnotes Member Posts: 338
    edited March 2016
    Options

The May 14th date that was mentioned at the end of the previous thread would work for me too. I would be good with potluck or whatever is easiest for all.

Thank you SpecialK for continuing this, and thanks to Mondayschild for carrying the torch for so long!

• specialk
    edited March 2016
    Options

nbnotes - yay! A potluck would be fun - I think we did one at Firework's house previously, right? When the time gets closer we can refine who is bringing what.

• Galsal
    Galsal Member Posts: 754
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thank you for taking over, SK! May 14th so far appears available. It will be a wonderful gathering of caring ladies, as we do so need at times.

MC, I'm only a call or text away for anything you need. Truly!

Hugs to you all.

Sal

• bougain
    bougain Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hi TampaK,

Just dx with IDC and looking to join this type of informative forum. Pls let me know of the time and venue I certainly will attend.

Thank you......Bougain

• specialk
    edited April 2016
    Options

bougain - add this thread to your favorites and watch the header for the specifics for the next get together - this is a fun and knowledgeable group - we welcome you!

• kira1234
    kira1234 Member Posts: 754
    edited April 2016
    Options

Specialk where are you planning the get together in May? I'm going to be in Tampa Thursday to see dr Wright and will just stay for the weekend.

• specialk
    edited April 2016
    Options

Kira - last we discussed it would be a member home here in Tampa, but I need to revisit and confirm. I will do that ASAP and put the details in the header as quickly as I can, as it is getting close enough to the date that people need to be able to plan. Stay tuned

• kira1234
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm trying to get in touch with an old member from our original get together whom I'm still in touch with. She has also gone stage 4.

• specialk
    edited April 2016
    Options

kira - PM'ed you

• Galsal
    edited April 2016
    Options

So glad I decided to take a peek at this today. Entirely forgot to put the May event in my calendar. It's there now! Phew

• specialk
    edited April 2016
    Options

Our May get together info is posted in the header above!

• annalive
    annalive Member Posts: 286
    edited April 2016
    Options

Please count me in on the May potluck. What to bring? Hmmm, I'm not much of a cook, but I'm thinking.

• kira1234
    edited April 2016
    Options

i had a mini stroke on Monday. I'm hoping I can still be there but want to let you all know.

• specialk
    edited April 2016
    Options

kira - oh no! Are you doing ok?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,903
    edited April 2016
    Options

Kira,

We're so sorry to hear that.

We're hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

The Mods.

• nbnotes
    edited April 2016
    Options

So sorry to hear that Kira!

I'm sort of iffy right now for the potluck. I have something else that I had accidentally written on the wrong date that starts at 12:30, but it is come & go and in South Tampa so not too far away. Trying to determine which order I can do things. I'm thinking it might work best to go there first and then come late to our get together since we normally stay for quite a while.

• specialk
    edited April 2016
    Options

nbnotes - if it is a situation that makes it problematic to bring something, no worries! We will have plenty of food so don't let trying to coordinate that become a nuisance for you! Hope you can coordinate things so that we can see you!

• annalive
    edited April 2016
    Options

Kira,

I do hope we'll see you at the potluck and that your recovery goes well.

• nbnotes
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thanks SpecialK! I think I will plan to go there first and then come to this. Don't count me in on lunch itself, but I'll try to bring a dessert of some kind or something for our catching up time :)

• kira1234
    edited May 2016
    Options

I'm feeling much better today I'm hoping. I'll have my dh drive. There's no way I'm driving myself.

• specialk
    edited May 2016
    Options

kira - keep us posted on how you are doing and feeling - that is the most important thing! As much as we want to see you, you need to take care!

• kira1234
    edited May 2016
    Options

going in for cauraded artery test today and a ct scan Monday. I'm a ticking time bomb according to my dr.

• Galsal
    edited May 2016
    Options

Oh my......prayers for you Lady!!!!

• nbnotes
    edited May 2016
    Options

Kira -- in my thoughts and prayers!

• specialk
    edited May 2016
    Options

kira - hoping that things go smoothly and that they can allay your concerns - so sorry this is taking place. Are you still coming to see the MO on Thurs? If so, and you decide not to stay for the lunch I would love to come over and say hello when you come for that appt.

• kira1234
    edited May 2016
    Options

yes I'm seeing Dr. Wright Thursday. I've been home most of the last 2 weeks. I think I still have time available will check tomorrow with my principal. He's afraid for me to be at school so I'm sure he'll be okay with me off Friday too. I'll know tomorrow for sure.

• annalive
    edited May 2016
    Options

Tomorrow's the day!

Looking forward to seeing you all!

• specialk
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yay! If anyone needs directions or any other info, please PM me! Can't wait to see you all