We are 196,599 members in 81 forums discussing 144,806 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Member Matchup & Local Support Groups → Topic: Ohio Sisters

Topic: Ohio Sisters

Forum: Member Matchup & Local Support Groups —
A place for members to request and respond to requests from women looking for a one-on-one mentor, or to connect with others living in similar geographic areas.

Posted on: Nov 19, 2016 02:12PM

SusieM49 wrote:

Hello there. I am hoping to form a group of those who live in the surrounding area. Perhaps to get together at some time but also simply to understand more of what the other's are going through. Perhaps some of us have treatments at the same facilities. Some of us may suffer with the same symptoms during seasonal changes.

I am in SW Ohio. Hoping to get to know many of you.

~Susie

Dx 1/10/2016, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/17/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 4 of 4 (96 results)

Posts 91 - 96 (96 total)

Sep 12, 2017 11:17PM SusieM49 wrote:

Thank you for the reminder. I am not on Facebook but that is a wonderful resource for many woman. Good to know!

Dx 1/10/2016, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/17/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Nov 18, 2017 10:33AM jenw1201 wrote:

Hello, fellow Ohioans. I'm new to the board and newly diagnosed. I have decided to be treated at the Stefanie Spielman Center at OSU/James. Team consists of: Drs. Farrar, Cabiling and Ramaswamy. Looking for feedback on any of them. We have been very pleased with Spielman and each of the doctors thus far.

Waiting for genetic testing results before making final decision regarding surgery. Right now tentative plan is unilateral mastectomy of left breast with DIEP flap reconstruction, hopefully skin and nipple sparing. If test come back BRCA+ I may opt for bilateral, but am torn between DIEP flap or extenders followed by gummies. I'd love to hear from anyone who has decided to go with either option and why.

Thanks!

Dx 10/12/2017, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 18, 2017 02:36PM Countrygirl80 wrote:

Hi jenw1201...! You have selected a powerhouse of doctors at the Spielman. Dr. Farrar is my surgical oncologist and Dr. Cabiling and his team did min DIEP flap recon. I am a year out from surgery and couldn't be happier with the result. Would be happy to tell you more and answer specific ?s you have. PM me if you like

Dx 6/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Nov 18, 2017 02:43PM - edited Nov 18, 2017 02:43PM by Countrygirl80

This Post was deleted by Countrygirl80.
Dx 6/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Nov 18, 2017 02:46PM Countrygirl80 wrote:

I'm not sure of your age, but am guessing you're on the young side given the genetic testing...but I have three young kids. The youngest was 8 months old when I had surgery. That was the HARDEST part of recovery by far - not being able to pick him up and such. Not sure your circumstance. I'm glad I did the recon when I did - but it was rough. If I did it over again, I wouldn't make a different decision.

17 hours ago SusieM49 wrote:

Jenw, welcome! I'm not in the area so not knowledgeable of those doctors. Glad you found this sight though, as they have much to offer.

Page 4 of 4 (96 results)