Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone in So Ca area?

Options
Mimi2kleh
Mimi2kleh Member Posts: 62

I'm in the Santa Clarita Valley. Anyone else here, or neighboring areas or valleys? Smile

Comments

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited May 2017
    Options

Mimi2kleh,

I'm in the Pasadena area. I have a friend in Glendale who is stage 4 triple negative, and another friend in West Covina. Stefajoy was trying to arrange a meet-up of LA area stage 4 women, but wasn't able to work it out. There are actually quite a few of us in the greater LA area. The stage four threads are a good place to find others who are dealing with MBC.

Trish

• Mimi2kleh
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hi Trish, nice to "meet" you. I'm slowly scanning the threads, it's such a big board! Just made my first post in the Xeloda thread. I would be up for meet ups in the future. I can see how it could be hard to arrange get togethers, with many going thru different treatments.

• trishyla
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hey Mimi2kleh,

Just saw your reply. You're right, it can be difficult for people going through treatment to coordinate schedules. As I mentioned, I have a couple of friends who are also dealing with breast cancer. It usually takes us a while to just plan for two of us to get together. But it is really nice having someone to talk to who "gets it".

I've finished with most of my active treatment. I still have to complete my reconstruction, and since I had some micromets in one of my lymph nodes, I'll be monitored pretty closely for the next couple of years. But other than that, it's back to my "real" life.

Based on your info, it looks like you were diagnosed stage four right off. I'm so sorry. That's what happened to one of my friends. It's so hard for her since she has a three year old son. This disease sucks.

You can private message me if you'd like. You'll have to add me to your friends' list first.

Trish

• Mimi2kleh
    edited May 2017
    Options

Trish, I didn't start off Stage IV, my first Dx wasn't showing the date in my signature, I've fixed it now. Winking

I'll pm you.

~Anne

• trishyla
    edited May 2017
    Options

Great. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Trish

• Wemma
    Wemma Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi I'm in the Pasadena area as well. Just finished round 4 last week. Feeling pretty miserable and hope it's almost done. I don't know how to add diagnosis yet.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,898
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi Wemma, and welcome to Breastcancer.org! We hope you find helpful support and information here in this wonderful Community.

Our Help section (left blue menu) has detailed instructions on how to enter your diagnosis and treatment. Take a look, and please let us know if you have questions!

Best wishes,

From the Mods

• Mimi2kleh
    edited August 2017
    Options

Welcome Wemma. image

• jackster51
    jackster51 Member Posts: 139
    edited September 2017
    Options

imageHey So Cal Ladies.... If anyone is in need of 3D Areolas/Nipples - they are being offered for free during the month of October in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month!

• ailurophile
    ailurophile Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi everyone! I am from orange county. Nice to cyber meet you!

• trishyla
    edited March 2019
    Options

Welcome, Ailurophile. This is a pretty quiet thread. Don't think anyone has been here since last summer.

Even though I live in L.A. now, I'm originally from Irvine. Don't get back there very often. Most of my family has left the O.C.

Hope all is going well for you, and that your treatment is effective and tolerable.

Trish

• ailurophile
    ailurophile Member Posts: 124
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi Trish

I am glad to be a part of this group. Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

what a coincidence! I am from Irvine too!

• IAmACat
    IAmACat Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hello, I am in the Pasadena area. Just saying hi!

• Lala55
    Lala55 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hi

I am very keen to have direct to implant reconstruction instead of expanders. I can't find a PS in San Diego who does this.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

• avivit
    avivit Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    Options

I believe Dr. Kruper from City of Hope in Duarte (near Pasadena) does that. I have a consultation with her in 9 days.

• BritinPas
    BritinPas Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022
    Options

Anyone in need of a decent recliner for recovery? It's served me well, but its time has come. Tan color, functions properly and reclines well, swivels, but does squeak. Available for pick up in Pasadena, CA. Wishing you well.

• cherrycow
    cherrycow Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022
    Options

My mom who's 71 years old just got diagnosed with IDC from a biopsy on her left breast for a 1cm tumor behind her nipple. I live in Altadena and would love to connect with others in the area to learn more about surgery prep and for support. Thanks, Cherry

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,898
    edited July 2022
    Options

Dear cherrycow, we're sorry for your mom's diagnosis, but very glad you've found us! You may find some forums here to be of interest to her and you, like:

And there is a forum for those Caring for Someone with Breast cancer where you might find support for yourself.

We hope this helps, and that you will stay connected here as you are able.

The Mods