We are 218,616 members in 81 forums discussing 154,833 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Cats, cats, cats

Forum: Your Furry Friends —

Share pictures and stories of the four-legged friends who make your day-to-day lives better!

Posted on: Aug 17, 2015 04:11PM - edited Aug 18, 2015 10:34AM by Smaarty

Smaarty wrote:

a thread for crazy cat ladies! I thought maybe just pics of your own cats, and if there's not enough then just any old cat you can find!

I have 8. Technically only 5 are mine, the others think they live here. Mostly because I feed them with everybody else and they never seem to leave!

Dx 4/29/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/31/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Surgery 10/28/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 2/3/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/5/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 1/24/2017

Page 141 of 152 (4,551 results)

Posts 4201 - 4230 (4,551 total)

Feb 7, 2019 11:44PM JaBoo wrote:

Gumdoctor, she may need two of her spare lives to recover from this, but she definitelly looks very good for a kitty after such an accident and this huge surgery! Wish her a good journey home with you soon!

dx at 38 Dx 5/22/2018, IDC, Left, 2cm, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 6/14/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 6/19/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/16/2018 Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 7/16/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 9/13/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery 1/21/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Feb 8, 2019 05:45AM Rah2464 wrote:

Way to go Whitey! Such a pretty girl. So happy she may go home in the next couple of days. What a blessing she is, you can just see it in her face.

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/26/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/26/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 8, 2019 11:25AM Wren44 wrote:

Did you see where they found a cat in Montana frozen into a snow bank? They took it to the vet where they thawed it out and it's going to be OK. The vet said, "those crabby cats are really tough". They knew it would be ok when it started growling at them.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Feb 8, 2019 12:51PM santabarbarian wrote:

I am about to go get proton radiation out of my area. I decided to pick the center that was located nearest to an area where I have loved ones, so I am schlepping across the country with my two little kitties tomorrow. They will be in-cabin. As they are good sleepers, I booked a redeye. I have some "calm spray" for the kennel and I have melatonin treats for them... any other good tips? Psyched to have their company for rads!

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 8, 2019 02:23PM feelingfeline wrote:

HeartHeartHeartHeart

Gumdoctor I hope that Whitey is home resting and recovering already and if not that she will be very soon.

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Feb 8, 2019 05:50PM Snickersmom wrote:

Wren - I did see the article and pictures about that poor baby that was nearly frozen to death. I sure hope the owners keep the cat inside from now on when the temps are so cold in Minnesota. what a miracle that cat is!

Dx 3/24/2017, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 5/2/2017 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 8, 2019 05:52PM Gumdoctor wrote:

Day 3.

They discharged Whitey at 1pm today. She has a bedroom all to herself but prefers the safety of the carrier. She pulled off her plastic collar so I will put it back on when she wakes.

Eating, moving around, litterboxing, cleaning herself...all those normal kitty behaviors are very encouraging. We will return for staple removal in about 12 days. It has been a long week getting her to this point.

Thank you for all your support and prayers in helping my Miracle Survivor Kitty.

So grateful (and not crying today, only smiling),

Gumdoctor

Dx 7/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/29/2014 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 12/20/2017, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple tattoo; Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo Surgery Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Surgery Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Feb 8, 2019 09:03PM Snickersmom wrote:

We had an old very soft blanket from Yellowstone Park that I cut up and put into Snickers' two carriers. We keep the carriers in our walk-in bedroom closet and she sleeps in one or the other carrier all the time. We think she likes them so much because it's nice and quiet plus it's hour of the way. Before I put the blankets in them, she ran every time she saw them.

So glad your baby is home with you. She knows how much you love her.

Dx 3/24/2017, ILC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 5/2/2017 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 8, 2019 09:37PM Wren44 wrote:

I ended up putting a carpet scrap in our carrier. They like it because they don't slide around and can dig their claws in. It's a low industrial-type nap, so would be easy to clean in case of an accident.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Feb 9, 2019 06:44AM - edited Feb 9, 2019 06:44AM by Gumdoctor

Day 4.

Eating like a normal kitty...as if nothing happened to her...

I crushed up her 1 pill into her food and she licked the bowl clean. Have to give her liquid pain meds soon.

Now she is back to sleeping.

The miracle continues...

Thank you all so much for your support (crying again with awe in what God can do),

Gumdoctor

Dx 7/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 7/29/2014 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 12/20/2017, IDC, Both breasts, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple tattoo; Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo Surgery Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Surgery Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Feb 9, 2019 07:08AM JaBoo wrote:

oh, what wonderfull news! cats really are such marvelous creatures! your Kitty is strong and I believe she will be ok. what a big bowl of food. def a good sign!

dx at 38 Dx 5/22/2018, IDC, Left, 2cm, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 6/14/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 6/19/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/16/2018 Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 7/16/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 9/13/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 1/11/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery 1/21/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Feb 9, 2019 07:16AM feelingfeline wrote:

Halleluia! What a wonderful sight. All her behaviours sound like a cat who is definitely intent on life. Thank God. Heart

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Feb 9, 2019 06:44PM sugarmaple wrote:

Such wonderful news, Gumdoctor! So lovely to see the photo of your Survivor Kitty. And your words...”the joy and sorrow of it all”

Surgery 9/13/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 9/14/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Feb 10, 2019 04:17AM Rah2464 wrote:

She sure is amazing! And so lucky to have you and the wonderful vets to help her through this.

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/26/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/26/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 10, 2019 09:03AM santabarbarian wrote:

After a coast to coast redeye with my two kittens, I am even more in love with them. They were perfect.

We are at out temporary digs, for my rads. I brought their fishing pole toy, so for them, all's right with the world.

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 10, 2019 09:06AM Gumdoctor wrote:

Congratulations Santabarbarian!!!

What a great idea to bring them with you. They will provide so much comfort during your upcoming treatment.

Gumdoctor

Feb 10, 2019 10:57AM Gumdoctor wrote:

Day 5.

Out of carrier and exploring her room. Great apetite. Purring loudly once in awhile. Sleeping on this yummy fleece throw mostly.

The miracle continues...

Gumdoctor

Feb 10, 2019 03:58PM Snickersmom wrote:

She's amazing! So happy for you!

Feb 10, 2019 04:40PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

That is wonderful Gumdoctor

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Feb 10, 2019 04:45PM Fairchild wrote:

Gumdoctor, I'm so glad for you both! Gentle hugs to Whitey!

Fairchild Dx 5/5/2018, ILC/IDC, Both breasts, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 7/26/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 9/6/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/9/2019 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/9/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Feb 10, 2019 05:57PM TaRenee wrote:

Gumdoctor, so happy for you and Whitey. Cats are such amazing creatures.

I went to the store earlier today and got some wet food for Merlin. It was the Sheba perfect portions and he loves it. I put it on the dryer, still in the bag and forgot all about it. Went out and ate dinner with friends. Came home and all was good. Went to the bedroom and in the middle of the bed was one of the wet food containers. Empty. (It has foil top) I don’t know HOW he knew what it was, from INSIDE a bag with laundry detergent and fabric softener. But he had emptied one full side and sucked the juice out of the other side. Smarty Cat

Dx 7/29/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 9/25/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 3/28/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Feb 10, 2019 06:51PM Gumdoctor wrote:

TaRenee,

Love your kitty food story. There ARE AMAZING.

Gumdoctor

Feb 10, 2019 07:13PM DebAL wrote:

hello everyone, I've been away for awhile. I hope whitey continues to get better each day. What a sweetheart.

Dx 1/22/2018, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 2/11/2018 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 2/12/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 4/1/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 6/13/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/8/2018 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 12/19/2018 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Surgery

Feb 10, 2019 07:42PM Spookiesmom wrote:

I put this on dogs, but applies to cat moms too. Doesn’t matter if they bark or meow, don’t mess with mom or the fur kid.

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Feb 11, 2019 02:47AM Rah2464 wrote:

TaRenee Merlin found that food because he has black cat magic. They are just unique.

Gumdoctor love the pic of Whitey out of her carrier eating up a storm. It is unbelievable how she is progressing. So happy for you.

Feb 11, 2019 03:09AM feelingfeline wrote:

Yep Spookie so true! ThumbsUp

Gumdoctor I am so happy to hear the miracle of Whitey's recovery. Heart

TaRenee, Arthur would find any foil pouch anywhere! He only once went to a cattery while the whole family were away. It had a lovely enclosed walkway/corridor with each each cat "room"/enclosure off it, and the owner would let each cat out for a little run in the walkway while cleaning out their room. While Arthur was out for his "run" he was able to investigate her food stocks and apparently got into a full box of pouches and bit through every one. She had not had this experience of a cat doing that before. As we had to keep the pouches in a cupboard (that he couldn't open with a paw) at home we had no problem believing this anecdote. Incredible olfactory senses cats ....

Feb 11, 2019 03:12AM M0mmyof2 wrote:

Yup. My furbabies are special to me. Mess with them and look out!

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Feb 11, 2019 10:20AM kathindc wrote:

Feline, you brought back some memories. Our cats would rip into any pack of treats/cat food so had to make sure it was stored securely. One year DS came home for the holidays from Japan and brought a cellophane wrapped dried squid. The cats wouldn’t go near it. Discerning palates? Hmm, made me think twice and took their lead. 😹😹😹 DS loves it.

Feb 11, 2019 10:25AM Wren44 wrote:

Our orange tabby boy, Marmalade, managed to get catnip from the top shelf of the kitchen cabinet. I couldn't believe it. Now it's stored in the freezer.

Feb 11, 2019 06:08PM TaRenee wrote:

My current situation. Trying to go to bed. But Mommy, I wanna PLAY!

Dx 7/29/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 9/25/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 3/28/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 141 of 152 (4,551 results)