We are 222,154 members in 81 forums discussing 156,588 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Worst news ever!

Forum: Your Furry Friends —

Share pictures and stories of the four-legged friends who make your day-to-day lives better!

Posted on: Feb 5, 2016 06:12AM

LM070917 wrote:

I got diagnosed with cancer late last year and currently undergoing chemo. A week ago I noticed a red sore on my black Labrador's tummy, today It was a lump. I took her straight to the vets, they did a biopsy and it turns out she has cancer. I cannot believe it, she's only 3. What are the chances of both of us getting cancer within 4 months of each other, at a young age. I'm 34. Is this seriously bad luck or a coindence? My fur baby has been my rock through treatment and now I can't believe she has it. Life's not fair!

Dx 9/18/2015, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/1/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)

Posts 1 - 8 (8 total)

Feb 5, 2016 11:14AM Moderators wrote:

Lotte -- we are so sorry to hear this news! Of course, dealing with a cancer diagnosis yourself is hard enough, but having to see your fur baby go through it too is very tough. What is her treatment plan? You're both young and strong -- you can get through this!

Please keep us posted on how you're both doing!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Feb 5, 2016 11:31AM iluvgsd5 wrote:

Lottemarine: I am so sorry to about yourself and your dog, my heart aches for you. I am "dog person" and lost two of my own pets in the last two years to cancer. Cancer sucks!!!! for dogs and humans alike!

Two weeks after my diagnosis I took my GSD in for a routine spay and found out that she has ventricular arrhythmia which can lead to sudden death. She is on meds right now to hopefully keep the arrhythmia under control. It is still a work in progress but I am staying positive that she will be ok. That being said, I know how you feel. I felt that how could things possibly get any worse. Every day I dig deep and tell myself that her and I will get through this! Keep positive and it will be ok!

Dx 12/15/2015, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/14/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Feb 5, 2016 12:35PM cp418 wrote:

I am so terribly sorry for you and your dog - no words to remove the pain you feel.

Feb 18, 2016 08:12PM LM070917 wrote:

Thanks everyone, my furbaby had an operation last week to remove the tumour. The results show she has a low grade 2 mast cell tumour, apparently it was moderate growing and they cut it out with clear margins. Due to the low grade, surgery is all the treatment required, which is a relief. The vet says recurrance at this grade is relatively low, so hopefully that's it and we can just get on with recovering and moving on. Thanks for your wellwishes 😀

Dx 9/18/2015, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/1/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Feb 18, 2016 08:14PM Supportive wrote:

Reading the posts in a row just shattered my heart and then to read the favourable outcome was so nice like walking in a dark tunnel and finally seeing that spec of light

Jul 26, 2016 08:57PM Totallytubular wrote:

Yay! Hope you are doing well in recovery Lottemarin. Sorry for the tough year. :

Dx 11/15/2014, IDC: Tubular, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/10/2014 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/31/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 10/30/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/18/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 1/13/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Chemotherapy 4/3/2016 CMF Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 1, 2017 10:53AM GAMomma wrote:

Lotte...I feel you. I hope your LAB is doing well. One of my cats has cancer also,we got the news on the same day just a few hours apart. Our girl,Levy, has what is called injection site carcinoma. We had the mass removed,but it will come back. For now we are allowing her to be a happy cat. If and when she shows signs of deterioration we will say good bye. She is young also, just turned 4. 😭

Dx 1/1/2017, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 1/17/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right

Feb 1, 2017 06:27PM lyzzysmom wrote:

Lotte So sorry to hear this. I hope your doggie does well!! My Boston terrier had a grade 2 and a grade 1 mast cell tumor removed last year and she is a tiny dog with a big scar Her diagnosis upset me more than my own. Unfortunately these are very common but often surgery is enough so we just keep eye on her for any that appear to grow. She had the grade 2 for at least 15 months from when we first told the vet we saw something so that is 2 years ago and thank God she is happy and doing well, inspite of some tiny ones that come and go. Many dogs do well after this and I wish a long and happy life for your fur baby((hugs))

Oncotype DX 12, age at dx 59 Surgery 5/6/2014 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx 5/16/2014, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 5/16/2014, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/1 nodes Radiation Therapy 6/24/2014 Breast

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)