We are 224,421 members in 82 forums discussing 157,747 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Forum: Your Furry Friends —

Share pictures and stories of the four-legged friends who make your day-to-day lives better!

Posted on: Mar 9, 2016 08:38PM

cuddyclothes wrote:

When I saw the post cats, cats, cats, I simply had to create this one. I've had two dogs. My first was a miniature pinscher named Bucky. He'd been thrown out of a car (!) and ended up on a corner where I got off the bus. He was one year old, and eventually became my psychiatric service dog. The difference between that and a therapy dog was that Bucky had actual tasks to carry out. Such as pawing at my leg to bring me out of a dissociative state.

The second picture is an expression we used to call The Face. When he saw something he wanted. Food, toy, you name it.

Bucky died abruptly of congestive heart failure at nine. That was over five years ago, and I'm still heartbroken.

I got a puppy, another miniature pinscher, named Fletcher. He is an adorable bundle of energy, and neurotic as the day is long! EVERYTHING scares him! He's a rescue who spent his first four months in a cage by himself at a puppy mill. Five years later, Fletcher is a sweet, loving dog. But a real mess. He didn't even know how to be a dog. He still doesn't greet like a normal dog; he's happy to see me, but darts out of reach if I try to pet him. Other than that, he loves to cuddle. And he has a loud, shrill bark, as these dogs do.

Dx 6/30/2015, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/22/2015 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/11/2015 Dx 6/5/2016, LCIS, Right, <1cm

Page 52 of 52 (1,535 results)

Posts 1531 - 1535 (1,535 total)

Nov 5, 2019 03:30PM Spookiesmom wrote:

When Spookie came home at 2#, she was soooooo little I couldn’t find her a lot. And the Christmas tree was still up. She’d go under the couch, or beds. And usually doing something she shouldn’t. So I put a jingle bell on her collar. So I could at least hear her. And make sure she wasn’t messing with the tree.

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Nov 6, 2019 02:01AM PebblesV wrote:

Thank you Spookiesmom! Good to know that at 18 months you could still train your pup. Oh we have a long way to go with Finley but hopefully we can get there! Trying to be patient.

Hopefully he can learn good habits from “the pack”!

Dx 9/7/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 9/19/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 6, 2019 06:50AM Rah2464 wrote:

Pebbles what a load of cuteness! I can't give any potty training tips because my mutts were relatively easy but your little guy can fit into tiny out of the way spots to do his business. Hope he learns to go outside soon!

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/27/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/27/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 6, 2019 09:58AM PebblesV wrote:

The Rah! It’s tough because we can’t walk him yet until he gets his next puppy vaccine (next week) and we live in a condo, so no yard for him to go out in. I do think it will be easier once he can go out with the big boys.

Dx 9/7/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 9/19/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 17, 2019 03:26PM M0mmyof2 wrote:

I think the end is coming soon for the puppy search. We have seen at least two places that have some very adorable puppies and we just have to decide place which one we want to go to.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Page 52 of 52 (1,535 results)