We are 222,154 members in 81 forums discussing 156,588 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Not sure what I'd do without my dogs

Forum: Your Furry Friends —

Share pictures and stories of the four-legged friends who make your day-to-day lives better!

Posted on: Mar 14, 2016 03:18PM

butterflykdh wrote:

since before I was diagnosed one of my dogs attached himself to me, started acting overprotective & would barely ever leave my side. I mean not even to eat & he loves his food!! Lol I really believed he knew I was sick before he did. I have twin smooth hair fox terriers & I've heard terriers are one of the type of dogs used to smell cancer on people . He's gotten better as I progressed but still is seriously attached to me. They are silly dogs even more so because they look almost exactly alike. And we call them Thing 1 & Thing 2 because they are just as energetic & as strange as in Cat in a Hat. They are incredibly attached to each other I don't think they've ever been apart although we didn't get them until they were 1 1/2 yrs old at the pound but it's obvious from their behavior. Thing 1 protects his brother but he will even growl at him if he feels like he's upsetting or bothering me in any way. Who can resist such devotion ?'

Kat Dx 8/28/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Mar 14, 2016 03:24PM AmyQ wrote:

Hi Kat,

Welcome to the world of breast cancer - crummy for sure but you will find a lot of wonderful, educated and compassionate men and women here. Feel free to look around, ask questions and tell us more about yourself like you did with your darling dogs. Dogs and cats both have the capacity to detect illness and if I recall correctly, there was a cat in Iowa that lived in a nursing home. He would climb into the beds of residents who were close to death and stay there until they passed. The story says he would not leave the residents side until they were gone - not to eat, not to use the liter box, nothing. What an amazing animal.

Thank you for sharing your photos and welcome to BCO.

Amy

Dx 2/7/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/9/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/19/2013 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/25/2015 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 1/10/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)