We are 222,154 members in 81 forums discussing 156,588 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Great Dane Puppies!

Forum: Your Furry Friends —

Share pictures and stories of the four-legged friends who make your day-to-day lives better!

Posted on: Apr 13, 2017 01:18PM

NCBeachGirl wrote:

Hi, I haven't posted on this forum yet, and I'm gonna make it really quick... I'm taking a break from cancer today. I'm watching a live video stream of great danes puppies being born at a wonderful organization that raises service dogs, trains them. and donates them to the recipients. Go to the live stream button on this site: explore.org, and you're looking for live puppy cam/ great dane nursery cam... there are so many people watching the feed that the picture keeps freezing, but it's so exciting! Mamma is giving birth super fast, and has had 9 already since 8:48 EST (it's 1:15 now). There are also videos of the earlier stages, so you may want to look around a bit.

Dx 3/30/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 5/15/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/15/2017 CMF Radiation Therapy 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Apr 14, 2017 08:52AM NCBeachGirl wrote:

Dudettes! So my post only got like 18 views?...People, y'all missed a great show!!! But you can still go to explore.org to find videos of the puppy births, and to follow the comments (you have to click a comments button and scroll way down past lots of thumbnails to get to the comments, but you don't have to sign in to post). They had thousands of viewers Wednesday. It was SO exciting!

The mamma great dane, Mischa, had a super easy and super fast delivery. She had 12 healthy, wriggly little puppies, and has been nursing them and taking very good care of them. She's on live webcam 24/7, and will be for at least a month.

The puppies stay at the Service Dog Project facility in MA for their entire training period, which lasts about a year. They will be on live webcams the whole time, so you can watch them grow up. Then they are paired with a person with mobility issues, and are DONATED--no charge to the recipients! SDP operates on donations alone--they don't breed to sell puppies or charge the recipients. A fully trained service dog can go for up to $50,000 from other organizations! So a donated, fully-trained service dog is a true blessing to someone who's on disability and can't afford to spend a fortune on a SD.

The facility breeds carefully selected great danes for their size and strength and temperament. They do their own breeding so they can control health and temperament and longevity issues, and to have control of the dogs' lives, health, and training from conception through graduation. No, I'm not affiliated--LOL, just a big fan, as I know how much work goes into breeding, raising and training a service dog, and what an amazing difference they make to the people who receive them.

Check them out! they are on FaceBook, too (may be under "dog bless you"). Have fun!

Dx 3/30/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 5/15/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/15/2017 CMF Radiation Therapy 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jan 22, 2018 01:36PM Madre9295 wrote:

wow this is SO cool!!! Thank you!!!

Melissa Dx 11/1/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/21/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)