We are 194,806 members in 81 forums discussing 144,032 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Family Matters → Topic: BUYING A NEW HOUSE - HELP!

Topic: BUYING A NEW HOUSE - HELP!

Forum: Family Matters —

A comforting place to discuss parenting children, or issues with partners, siblings, or parents following a diagnosis.

Posted on: Oct 9, 2017 01:45PM

readytorock wrote:

Hello-

I am three years cancer free/NED (yay!) and my husband and I have finally resumed house hunting and will be closing on the house of our dreams in November. But OMG am I having anxiety about it! All cancer-related - what if we finally buy this house and I find out a month later that I am Stage IV - that kind of thinking. I was in such a panic during the process that I wanted to make the sale contingent on a clean MRI, but I just had one in July, so I don't think the doctor would have approved!

Anyone else have difficulty MOVING ON (ha - literally!) Any suggestions?

Dx 8/11/2014, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/1/2014 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 11/10/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/20/2015 Surgery Hormonal Therapy Radiation Therapy Whole-breast

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Oct 9, 2017 06:55PM edwards750 wrote:

Congrats on the dream house to be!

My advice to you is don't buy trouble. Be happy you are 3 years out. None of us have guarantees - by the way I'm 6 years out - but with each passing year you become a little less anxious.

We are branded with the C word but it doesn't define us. We just drew an unlucky card. BC research and treatments have come a long way. While there is no cure there are reasons to be optimistic. I am the poster person for anxiety so for me to be optimistic is saying a lot.

You didn't ask for it but you got it and dealt with it. You have done all you can. Give yourself permission to be happy and not focus on something that may or may not happen. Don't deprive yourself of happiness by focusing on the what ifs.

Good luck!

Diane

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)