Join Us

We are 218,193 members in 84 forums discussing 160,935 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Pregnancy after Breast Cancer

Forum: Family and Family Planning Matters —

A comforting place to discuss planning a family, fertility concerns, parenting children, or relationship issues with partners, siblings, or parents following a diagnosis.

Posted on: Jul 14, 2020 06:24PM - edited Jul 15, 2020 03:14AM by Kate40

Kate40 wrote:

Hi to all of you!

It is the first time I write here even though I usually read this site a lot,because it has been helping me so much since my diagnosis.I am from Portugal,so sorry for my English😉.

I am 42 years old,had breast cancer 2 years and a half ago,relatively small lump,highly Er and Pr,Grade 1,ki 67 of 5%,negative nodes and no linfatic or vessels invasio were found.It was a Luminal A.I am married but have no children on my own(my husband has a 9 years old son)and I would like very much to have a baby,but I am too afraid to stop tamoxifen for a while and try to get pregnant.I fear recurrence so much!!My oncologist doesn't seem very concerned about me interrupting the pill and then get back to it after the baby is born,but I think all the studies available until now are not that reliable and all the comunity is waiting for the results of POSITIIVE study,but I will be on menopause at that time!

I never worried about children very much before,but my husband was so kind and supportive to me that I fell even more in love with him and started whishing having our baby together,even because that is something he would like very much too.

Anyone here like me,smashed between the fear of recurrence and the biologic clock?

Dx 11/11/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 11/23/2017 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 12/16/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 1/8/2018 Breast, Lymph nodes