Join Us

We are 223,937 members in 83 forums discussing 163,292 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: What should i do for my mom

Forum: Caring for Someone with Breast cancer —

A place to share your struggles and concerns about supporting and caring for a person you love diagnosed with breast cancer with others who understand.

Posted on: Mar 20, 2015 09:16AM

Rency wrote:

hi all,

I am new here.. All stories i post here are my mom's and mine. My mom was diagnosed with cancer in december 2010. At first she was diagnosed has breast cancer at stage 1b. Then, she had surgery in january 2011. After surgery done, she got tamoxifen for about 6-8 months. But then, her cancer was growing to liver. We see medical onchology and made the liver biopsy too. At first she had almost 4cm x 2,5cm x 1cm nodul in her liver. After having 6 times chemo with taxol, the nodul remained staqnan. Then, chemo was stopped and onc gave my mom aromasin. She has been taking aromasin since 2012. Last pet scan she did on october 2014.

The result was really good. The nodule is getting smaller to 1.2 cm x 1.1 x 0.95. But last monday she got her petscan and the result says her nodule in liver is getting bigger to 1.73. X 2.08 x 2.34.

Also the pet says that my mom has something suspicious in her lymph nodes arround right lungs and neck.

I feel that sky will fall.

I just don't get why cancer grows so fast. I never asked to med onc about my mom's actual stage. For some article i read, it says that my mom should be in last stage. I don't want to believe it. But maybe it's right..

So, what should i do? I feel so stressed out and tired. I am the only one who always take care of her because we are small family. I don't mind to take care of her forever, but sometimes i get so tired. My health is not good also. I was diagnosed with herniated disc and now finding so hard to move, walk, sit, etc. please tell me what should i do?

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Mar 20, 2015 11:11AM Moderators wrote:

Rency, we are so sorry to hear about what you and your mom have been going through.

Per definition if the breast cancer has spread to another part of the body it is metastatic. But there are many, many things that can be done to treat her cancer. As hard as it may be to read about it, you may find some helpful information in this section of our site: Recurrent or metastatic breast cancer.

Also, once you hear about what is going on further, let the members know, and get some advice. As for your back, we hope that they can help you with that! It is terrible to live with that kind of pain, and limitations. It makes everything else much worse when you, the caregiver, aren't well! We are thinking of you!

Warmly,

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Mar 24, 2015 08:44AM tasha30815 wrote:

Rency,

This is a very difficult journey for our mothers.  Do you know what type of cancer your mom has? 

Sep 26, 2015 09:51PM TerrifiedDaughter wrote:

I'm in the same boat. My mom was just diagnosed on the 23rd and I am at a loss for words. I am an only child and my mom is my best friend. I am still in denial... This website has been wonderful. And the discussion boards are so uplifting. I wish you family the best.

Dx 9/23/2015, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/20/2015 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxol (paclitaxel)

Sep 27, 2015 01:59PM - edited Sep 30, 2015 03:33PM by MelanieBC

Terrified daughter, it is very scary. My mom was diagnosed on August 27 (one month today) and since then has had so many tests, scans, a mastectomy and now waiting for chemo. It is a lot to take in and I find that it takes over your life especially at the beginning.

For us, I think we have reached our new normal now and this is just life and we are dealing with it and helping her.

If you ever want to chat, pm me and we can chat some more. Like you, my mom is my best friend so this is very difficult. It will get better though.

Mel

Caregiver to my Mother who was diagnosed on August 27, 2015. Together, we will fight the battle against Breast Cancer! Dx 8/27/2015, ILC/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 22/33 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2015 Chemotherapy 11/6/2015 Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/1/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 29, 2015 05:45PM TerrifiedDaughter wrote:

MelanieBC

Thank you! And I will be sure to send you an email later on tonight! I love all the support on here and this first month sucks.

We are on our way home from the PET scan appointment and back on Thursday for more meetings.

Hope all is well with your mom!

Dx 9/23/2015, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/20/2015 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxol (paclitaxel)

Sep 30, 2015 11:28AM Littleali21 wrote:

Thinking of all you ladies. My mum was diagnosed on 10th September, so I am still in the early stages of trying to come to terms with this.

TerrifiedDaughter - I am in the exact same boat as you. I am an only child too. It's heartbreaking, and you feel alone. But I am here for you xxx Feel free to PM me or email littleali21@hotmail.com

Sending you all love and hugs xxx

Sep 30, 2015 03:36PM MelanieBC wrote:

How is it going TerrifiedDaughter?

My mom had her consultation today with the radiation oncologist. She won't do it until after the chemo but they have to start somewhere. She will meet with the medical oncologist next week. I don't know about you guys but I feel information overload sometimes. For me, knowing more helps me but sometimes you just want a break!

Caregiver to my Mother who was diagnosed on August 27, 2015. Together, we will fight the battle against Breast Cancer! Dx 8/27/2015, ILC/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 22/33 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2015 Chemotherapy 11/6/2015 Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 4/1/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)