Join Us

We are 218,061 members in 84 forums discussing 160,867 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Mom just diagnosed - 9cm dcis reoccurrence

Forum: Caring for Someone with Breast cancer —

A place to share your struggles and concerns about supporting and caring for a person you love diagnosed with breast cancer with others who understand.

Posted on: Jul 2, 2017 10:29PM

Val91668 wrote:

Hi. My mom is 72 and had dcis 2 years ago and had a lumpectomy and radiation. Last week they did an MRI and found a 9cm mass in her duct. Same side as first diagnosis. Her doctor said it's contained in the duct and can't schedule her mastectomy for 4 weeks!!! My mom told her she had some shoulder pain and breast pain over the past week or two and is worried it has spread. I think 4 weeks is a long time to wait for a mastectomy for a 9cm mass. They said they will test the nodes when she has he surgery to see if it has spread. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on this? I am wondering why they can't give her a pet scan to see if it has spread and then if it has they should do the surgery sooner. I am very worried. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Valerie

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 3, 2017 12:24AM MinusTwo wrote:

I answered on the other thread where you asked the same question. It's usually better to stick with one thread.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)