Join Us

We are 218,031 members in 84 forums discussing 160,856 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My Mom is my best friend, I'm completely heartbroken,

Forum: Caring for Someone with Breast cancer —

A place to share your struggles and concerns about supporting and caring for a person you love diagnosed with breast cancer with others who understand.

Posted on: Jan 30, 2018 12:27AM

Thorntonskye wrote:

My Mom was diagnosed last Friday with stage 3 breast cancer. I dont have many other details yet. I'm terrified and can't shake the fear of impending doom. My Mom is my rock. My heart hurts thinking about the battle she is about to face. She means so much to our family. Please pray for us all.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Jan 30, 2018 02:19AM chronicpain wrote:

So sorry to hear about your mom. How old are you and your mom, if I may ask? Do upu know the grade of the tumor and the receptor status

After a decade of autoimmune problems, Dx 10/2017 at age 63, IDC, Left, 9mm, Oncotype 13, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, 11/22/2017 Lumpectomy, Arimidex. Declined radiation.

Jan 30, 2018 03:44AM SavedbyGrace1972 wrote:

Cancer. Seeing, typing and hearing that heard is scary. Intimidating. Emotional. Most stories you hear about those with cancer don’t have happy endings. But today’s cancer isn’t yesterday’s cancer. Your mother isn’t your neighbor, teacher, bus driver, person on the news, or lunch lady. Each and everyone of us is different and so is our cancer. Her journey and story is written specifically for her.

So right now you’re in shock. As you should be. Next put on your armor of shield and go to battle for your mom. Research and gather as much information about her cancer as possible. It’s time for you to be her rock!!! Knock cancer out the ballpark together.

Hugs and best wishes to you both.

Jan 30, 2018 01:49PM Moderators wrote:

And we are here for you as well Medicating.

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jan 30, 2018 02:02PM Thorntonskye wrote:

She's 57. I'm 29, I have a 16 year old little brother. I don't have any other answers yet. She has an appointment tomorrow.

Jan 30, 2018 02:04PM Thorntonskye wrote:

I'm doing the best I can. Having an extremely difficult time. I' going to fight for her that's all I know.

Jan 30, 2018 05:47PM KSteve wrote:

Thorntonskye - Of course you are scared and upset. I was 44 when diagnosed (7+ years ago) and my daughter was 20. She and I were very close before diagnosis, but I will tell you that our bond got even stronger throughout and after my cancer journey. She's 27 years old now and we're having the time of our lives planning her wedding together. You and your mom are at the hardest part right now. Once you hear cancer and don't have a plan yet, the questions and fear are overwhelming. Just take it one day at a time, one step at a time. You will get through this together! We're all here for you.

Hugs,

Kathy

Dx 9/3/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/15 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/21/2010 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 1/8/2011 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 3/15/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 6/1/2011 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/6/2011 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery 1/23/2014 Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/4/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)