Join Us

We are 218,036 members in 84 forums discussing 160,860 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Can some one help me understand.

Forum: Caring for Someone with Breast cancer —

A place to share your struggles and concerns about supporting and caring for a person you love diagnosed with breast cancer with others who understand.

Posted on: Feb 11, 2018 06:24PM

Nqarn wrote:

Mother having lumpectomy with two rounds of radiation. I'm in a different state but will drive down to take care of her.she won't give me any information other than that.my question is how long is two rounds of radiation? She says two days? She won't give me no answere until I get there I will talk to her doctor.but I need to plan how long I will be staying.thank you for any answers.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Feb 11, 2018 08:43PM Georgia1 wrote:

Hello and that is so nice of you. There is a form of radiation done once at the time of surgery. It is called IORT. But usually radiation treatment is daily for four to six weeks.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 10/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)