Join Us

We are 218,192 members in 84 forums discussing 160,935 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My mom was diagnosed with stage 2 cancer

Forum: Caring for Someone with Breast cancer —

A place to share your struggles and concerns about supporting and caring for a person you love diagnosed with breast cancer with others who understand.

Posted on: Feb 28, 2018 03:26PM

kai2fast wrote:

The doctor said the size is about 2.8 centimeters big and it has not spread to any lymph nodes. All of my brothers, my sister, and my dad seems a bit relieved but I'm still really concerned. Like how fast does her cancer spread? Can't we just get the treatment started as soon as possible so we can get rid of this tumor before it grows any bigger and possibly spread anymore? I'm feeling really nervous about this whole thing and would like any advice from people who experienced something like this. I love my mom dearly and I don't want to sound selfish but I really need her in my life.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Mar 4, 2018 01:41PM kai2fast wrote:

Update: My mom said she's not going to do chemotherapy since my grandfather; who survived cancer of his own a few years back, said that having chemotherapy is a living hell. She's wants to have two of her breasts removed since it's a Triple Negative...

Is this a good idea? I mean, I understand that chemotherapy not only shrinks the cancer by killing the bad cells, but it also kills the good cells along with it. I'm just wondering if this is a good idea since they will be removing the cancer that's the size of 2.8 centimeters.....

Mar 4, 2018 02:13PM Bbccats wrote:

Hi kai2fast,

I'm pretty new to this myself (diagnosed in January) so unfortunately don't have a lot of information to share. I can tell you my mom also had breast cancer and she survived for 22 years after her first diagnosis. She had chemo a couple of different times and had very few side effects so I guess it depends on the type of chemo and the person. Check out the triple negative group for more information on triple negative. I wish all the best for your mom and you.

Dx 1/9/2018, DCIS, Right, 4cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 2/20/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/2/2018 Whole-breast: Breast

Mar 4, 2018 02:55PM - edited Mar 4, 2018 03:02PM by kai2fast

Thank you for the feedback, Bbccats. I'll be sure to check it out. And I wish you best of luck on fighting this disease.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)