Log in to post a reply
Jul 21, 2018 01:33AM
Jul 21, 2018 07:22PM
>>.I take her out to movies and lunches..<<
Wonderful, calspecsteve! Her conditions can be very isolating. It is good for her to get out, socialize more, and have changes of scene. Zoo and Park visits (not to memorial parks, though) would be nice, too. The place where Sandy is -- does it allow healthy, well-behaved pets to visit?
Typical (infused type) chemotherapy would be not administered daily, and its advisability/necessity would not depend on the type of treatment surgery.
Adjuvant radiation treatment is ordinarily given every weekday for some weeks. The advisability/necessity of radiation treatment often -- not always -- depends on the type of treatment surgery. Is intraoperative radiation treatment (IORT) an option for her? Or another shorter-than-usual course of radiation treatment?
She needs her options among the advisable treatment plans explained to her, simply and slowly (or not too quickly for her easily to follow and absorb), and in an otherwise quiet setting. She needs to understand that a course of [however many] radiation treatments, every weekday for [however many] weeks, necessarily goes with the choice of lumpectomy surgery, but can likely be avoided with the choice of mastectomy surgery. Her Doctor/s should explain these things in ways she can understand. Her Doctor/s should also remind her that, as among cancers, "slow" is a relative term -- that a cancer being slower-growing means that it is not the fastest-growing, not that it is not a life-threatening cancer.
If she says she prefers lumpectomy surgery -- is she agreeable and willing to cooperate with all the necessary daily (weekdaily) trips to have her radiation treatments? -- or would IORT be an option for her case?
What treatment/s she is to have, if any, must be up to her to decide.
>>.I need to get her back to the doctor for another Mammogram so he can tell her its gotten larger and it needs to be remove pronto or else...if he would do that...I don't know..<<
This is about your (perceived) need, not medically necessary for her, and a lot of needless bother for you and her, besides for the others to be involved. Seems to me that it would be much simpler and serve the same purpose to have examination with a portable ultrasound unit. Doubtful, though, that her Doctor would order either, and doubtful that her insurance would cover either.
Take a few days off, calspecsteve. Get some rest, peace, and quiet, and try to turn your mind to other things to give it a break from your frustrations with her for now.
My latest (Stage IVB) diagnosis is almost certainly of another distant primary type. To the best of my information and belief, I am still apparently what we call NED as to breast cancer, doubtless thanks to Letrozole.
2/12/2016, ILC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
2/19/2016 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left
4/1/2016 Femara (letrozole)
4/25/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal
8/2018, Stage IV