Join Us

We are 218,138 members in 84 forums discussing 160,917 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Wife Left Me After Diagnosis of Stage 1 Breast Cancer

Forum: Caring for Someone with Breast cancer —

A place to share your struggles and concerns about supporting and caring for a person you love diagnosed with breast cancer with others who understand.

Posted on: Feb 28, 2020 03:16PM

Neanderthal wrote:

About 2 weeks after my wife communicated that she had Stage 1 BC, she told me that from now on the money she makes above and beyond half the household bills is hers and what she does with it is a secret and none of my business. I told her there's a name for this, Financial Infidelity and that I would not accept that situation. She then moved into an apartment which I agreed with and is now going through the treatment of BC without me to help her. I feel this is an extreme example of passive aggressiveness. That I won't be there to support her through this as her husband makes me feel terrible and she knows this. I communicated that we should table this money issue until after she was well again and she did not respond. Any thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 (32 results)

Posts 31 - 32 (32 total)

Mar 6, 2020 04:09PM santabarbarian wrote:

good point about addiction. The addiction + withdrawal as coping system are both mental health red flags. Now throw cancer on top...

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices; Proton rads. Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/10/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Mar 6, 2020 04:54PM - edited Mar 6, 2020 04:59PM by Neanderthal

Thank you so much for the value added responses

Page 2 of 2 (32 results)