Join Us

We are 217,485 members in 84 forums discussing 160,589 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Gifts she can appreciate

Forum: Caring for Someone with Breast cancer —

A place to share your struggles and concerns about supporting and caring for a person you love diagnosed with breast cancer with others who understand.

Posted on: Mar 2, 2020 11:54AM - edited Mar 2, 2020 11:55AM by SuperDayz

SuperDayz wrote:

Hello everyone, I am back again as a supporter of someone with breast cancer. She has just finished her last round of chemo and will be having her birthday party and celebration on Saturday. I want to get her a meaningful gift or something she would enjoy after such a trying time. She was diagnosed stage 1 aggressive cancer and has been positive throughout it all. Any inspiration for a gift or advice on how we can make this day special for her would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Mar 3, 2020 02:11AM ShetlandPony wrote:

Nature is healing. What about: Tickets for you and your friend to a botanic garden. Or a picnic basket for a day in the countryside, mountains, or beach. Or supplies for growing potted herbs. Or something for her garden.

2011 Stage I ILC 1.5cm grade1 ITCs sn Lumpectomy,radiation,tamoxifen. 2014 Stage IV ILC mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD

Mar 3, 2020 08:44AM Spookiesmom wrote:

Nothing pink!! She may not like it anymore. If it’s a 0 birthday celebrate that, as normally would. Don’t push the survivor thing, just make it a happy, normal day. A gift card to Starbucks, or her favor restaurant. Normal things.

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Mar 3, 2020 09:05AM Yogatyme wrote:

superdayz, you are a thoughtful friend.
Shetland, what good ideas! Spookiesmom is right....we all need as much to be normal as possible.

Yogatyme Surgery 3/2/2019 Prophylactic ovary removal Dx 7/19/2019, IDC: Papillary, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/12/2019 Mastectomy: Left, Right

Mar 3, 2020 09:44AM SuperDayz wrote:

Thank you, those are great ideas! I think she would love something with nature, i think I will get her a picnic basket with goodies.I want to write her a card with the gift as I always love to receive cards with long written messages celebrating her on her birthday and focusing on that. Thank you again for the inspiration! Sending you all a big hug.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)