We are 204,718 members in 81 forums discussing 148,333 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Survey, Interview and Participant Requests: Need your Help! → Topic: Survey for HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer patients

Topic: Survey for HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer patients

Forum: Survey, Interview and Participant Requests: Need your Help! —

Research proposals and/or requests posted here by members have been reviewed and approved by the Moderator Team, but not associated with Breastcancer.org.

Posted on: Nov 14, 2017 01:14PM - edited Dec 29, 2017 08:29AM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

*************THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST, THIS SURVEY HAS NOW BEEN CLOSED AS IT HAS ENOUGH PARTICIPANTS*************

Hello!

Lieberman Research Worldwide (www.LRWonline.com) is conducting a market research study. The findings of this study will help our client to develop communications regarding a specific treatment for HR+/HER2- metastatic breast cancer for patients and their caregivers. Your opinions matter.

The survey is intended for HR+/HER2- breast cancer patients and caregivers. If you qualify and complete this research, metastatic HR+/HER2- BC patients will receive a $100 in appreciation of your time and participation. Other HR+/HER2- BC patients or caregivers will receive $50 honorarium in appreciation of your time and participation. Alternatively, you can choose to donate this honorarium to the American Red Cross Hurricane Harvey Relief or the cancer charity of your choice.

Please be assured that all opinions in the survey remain anonymous and confidential. You will never be personally identified in the research; your responses will only be considered in aggregate. It's also important to note that this research is in no way sales related, and no one will try to sell you anything at any time.

We are excited for you to participate! If you would like to help us with this research, please click on the link below. This link will collect some information first in order to help us determine if you qualify. The survey will take 15 minutes.

https://survey.bz?I.Project=P170749&smp=88&i.user3=6&ID=capiuser

Please note: While this survey is compatible on a desktop or laptop computer, smartphone or tablet, your experience will be best if taking the survey on a desktop or laptop computer.

We look forward to hearing your opinions and appreciate your time and participation.

Thank you!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)

Posts 1 - 12 (12 total)

Nov 14, 2017 02:36PM AnimalCrackers wrote:

Is there a way to get a better explanation as to what they mean by "adverse event"?  I couldn't move forward with the survey without knowing what that meant.

Cathy, diagnosed Stage IV de novo (with bone mets) - June 2014 (age 52). Progression to Liver diagnosed in April 2017. Bisphosphonate infusions (Zometa) every 3 months. Clinical Trial 12/19/2017 - AKT1 Inhibitor (MSC2363318A) with Tamoxifen. Dx 6/23/2014, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/23/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/4/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/4/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 4/2017, IDC, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/17/2017 Targeted Therapy 5/17/2017 Kisqali Targeted Therapy 12/18/2017 Hormonal Therapy 12/18/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 14, 2017 03:30PM Moderators wrote:

Let us check!

Nov 14, 2017 04:05PM Moderators wrote:

AnimalCrackers: They said, "An unintended side effect from a medication."

Nov 16, 2017 12:54PM DorothyFromKansas wrote:

Takes little time and it is easily (after I disengaged my virus software) completed. The questions got a bit boring but it moves through exercises quickly.

Age 64 at dx, de novo, precarinal lymph nodes. Dx 6/29/2017, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/15/2017 Kisqali

Nov 24, 2017 05:05PM wallycat wrote:

Never asked if I was the patient, just if I offered any help...I clicked no since it is me, myself....and the survey ended. WEIRD!

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

Nov 24, 2017 05:13PM AnimalCrackers wrote:

I could be wrong but the target audience for this survey seems to be people who have not been treated with ibrance yet.  I couldn't finish the survey because my answers were biased having already been on that treatment.

Cathy, diagnosed Stage IV de novo (with bone mets) - June 2014 (age 52). Progression to Liver diagnosed in April 2017. Bisphosphonate infusions (Zometa) every 3 months. Clinical Trial 12/19/2017 - AKT1 Inhibitor (MSC2363318A) with Tamoxifen. Dx 6/23/2014, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/23/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/4/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/4/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 4/2017, IDC, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 5/17/2017 Targeted Therapy 5/17/2017 Kisqali Targeted Therapy 12/18/2017 Hormonal Therapy 12/18/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 24, 2017 05:42PM Moderators wrote:

Hmmm. It shouldn't have been, Animal Cracker. We can check!

Nov 27, 2017 09:44PM - edited Nov 27, 2017 09:46PM by luv2fish

This Post was deleted by luv2fish.
Dx 11/28/2014, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 12/18/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 12/18/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/18/2014 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Nov 29, 2017 11:18PM Unicornmom wrote:

I did the survey but have not received an email confirming the amazon gift card I supposedly was awarded for doing the survey.

Nov 30, 2017 09:49AM trixiegram wrote:

I was diagnosed in May 2003. Finished treatment in January 2004. Have had no recurrence until now, in form of secondary Breast Cancer in skin. ( sink metastsases). Before, I didn't dwell on a recurrence. Though it crossed my mind once in awhile, I decided whatever time I had left on this earth wasn't going to be wasted on worrying about what if. I refused to let cancer take anymore good from my life. I still did my yearly checkups. I was determined to enjoy my family and friends without cancer dominating my days. I have been truly fortunate to have had all the experiences I've had since beating my first cancer. Have seen both of my grandchildren grow up and start college, seen my children find happiness and gotten to share in their lives and be there for them when needed. Have truly been blessed to have been with the best mam/husband and lifemate for thirty seven years, who refused to let cancer change the good in our lives. He has been my rock. Have taken care of myself as far as diet, exercise, etc...

But it is back now in another form - secondary Breast cancer in the skin, ( skin metastasis ). There are different courses of treatment but not very pleasant to endure and it isn't curable at this time. There is one treatment called Electrochemotherapy. No matter what treatment I choose, not a lot of time in extension of my life.

Came here to ask about information about the Electrochemotherapy. Where it is done here in Texas and what kind of time frame it takes, as in multiple treatments, etc... And how expensive it usually is, ballpark anyway.

Will say, after passing the five year timeline we were all told about decreasing possibility of recurrence, I breathed a a sigh of relief. After ten years, found I really thought, ok, I beat the devil! After almost fourteen years. - well wasn't expecting this! Cancer really is a sneaky bugger! But then I have certainly given it a run for its money and not going to cry "poor little me ". The first time cancer knocked at my door, after the initial shock wore off, I thought, "why not me " . How can I think otherwise from all hose years ago, when I came to this site, I made many friends on here during my journey through the trip one must take to survive or try to survive. Many of those wonderful ladies I knew then, didn't make it out alive, like I did. I'd like to think I can have the courage they all showed when they knew they were dying. Am working on that now. Just trying to weigh my options for treatment. Learned last time to find all the knowledge possible. So, here I am.

Hoping someone on this site can give helpful info I have yet to find. Not sure this is what you were looking for in your survey but this is what I have to offer. Anything would be appreciated by way of what anyone knows about this kind of cancer and treatments for it and places to look or go

Respectfully,

Trixiegram

Your life can be a parade. Just watch out for the elephants bringing up the rear!

Dec 1, 2017 05:26AM - edited Dec 1, 2017 05:27AM by Moderators

Unicornmom, we're checking on that!

trixiegram, welcome, and thank you for sharing your story here! If you are a metastatic HR+/HER2- BC patient you can do the survey by following the link below. Thank you!

https://survey.bz?I.Project=P170749&smp=88&i.user3=6&ID=capiuser

We couldn't find any information on Electrochemotherapy in our main site, but you can make a search here in the Discussion Boards and see what other members are talking about it. If you go to the Search function in the blue menu and type in "electrochemotherapy" (without the quotes) as your search term, you'll see every time the word is mentioned in a post, and can then check out the thread. We hope this helps!

The Mods

Dec 29, 2017 08:30AM Moderators wrote:

*************THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST, THIS SURVEY HAS NOW BEEN CLOSED AS IT HAS ENOUGH PARTICIPANTS*************

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)