We are 220,316 members in 81 forums discussing 155,749 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Online survey on hormone therapy and side-effects

Forum: Survey, Interview and Participant Requests: Need your Help! —

Research proposals and/or requests posted here by members have been reviewed and approved by the Moderator Team, but not associated with Breastcancer.org.

Posted on: Jan 8, 2019 01:45PM - edited Jan 9, 2019 06:53AM by askolari

askolari wrote:

Hello, my name is Aglaia Skolariki and I am a postgraduate student in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and a medical oncology resident in Theagenio Cancer Hospital of Thessaloniki. I am currently conducting a research on premenopausal women with hormone-positive breast cancer and the side-effects of the long-term hormone therapy. The research is focused on the effects of the hormone therapy on the female reproductive system and sexual function. If you were diagnosed with breast cancer before menopause and you have been taking hormone therapy for at least three months, you are perfect for our study! The online survey lasts 20-30 minutes, but your time and effort will be greatly appreciated. Your participation is voluntary and completely anonymous, as no personal data (name, IP address etc) can be traced through the platform. Your answers are saved, so you can pick up right where you left off.

This research has been approved by the Department of Medicine of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, as well as the Advisory Board of Theagenio Cancer Hospital. Dr. Efstratios Kosmidis, Assistant Professor of Physiology at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, has been appointed as my supervisor.

Your personal experience and opinion could really make the difference and help both women and physicians understand these "taboo" issues to their full extent. This research is based completely on your willingness to improve and promote a more individualised management, since female sexuality and gynecologic health can be greatly affected when burdened by this disease and long-term treatments.

If you have any questions about this research study, you may contact me at skolariki@auth.gr.

Thank you in advance and please help us raise this issue and find ways to improve the quality of life of so many breast cancer survivors!

The link to the online survey is [Clickable hot link in thread below!]

This post has been granted permission by the Moderators.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Jan 8, 2019 02:15PM Moderators wrote:

Link to survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2NDGGY6

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jan 8, 2019 07:20PM gb2115 wrote:

Is there a way to change the birthday field to allow typing in a date? It only gives a calendar view starting with this month. I am happy to give feedback, but not willing to spend my time scrolling back 40 years on monthly calendar screens...lol...sorry but no.

Or is this because I am on a phone? Maybe on a desktop it can be typed in.

Dx IDC in October 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Mammaprint low risk luminal A, Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Age 38 at diagnosis.

Jan 8, 2019 07:35PM askolari wrote:

You can try it now! I changed the format and hope it helps...

Jan 8, 2019 08:35PM - edited Jan 8, 2019 08:35PM by Falconer

bump.

Strong is the new strong. Dx at 45. Onco 16. Monthly Lupron shots Nov. 2016-December 2017 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2016, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/30/2017 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 8, 2019 11:22PM - edited Jan 8, 2019 11:25PM by ksusan

Sorry, you lost me at "dear ladies." Your IRB approved that? Do you have an IRB? I don't know what protocol is in your country; in the US, your launch page would include your advisor's contact information and an indication that the study was IRB-approved. Not to mention the institution under whose auspices you are conducting this research.

Mutant uprising quashed. Dx 1/2015, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2015, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jan 9, 2019 03:11AM - edited Jan 9, 2019 06:54AM by askolari

This is an MSc thesis project and I can provide you with my institution's approval, as well as my advisor's contact information. However these have already been sent to the moderators, who granted me permission to post. The launch page is a personal message by me to all participants in order to inform them about the purposes of this project, since I do not have the opportunity to do this in personal. It is a voluntary, anonymous survey after all. I also edited my original post to provide you with some further information. Thank you for your time and if you need any further details, please let me know.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)