We are 216,358 members in 81 forums discussing 153,644 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Participants Needed for Breast Cancer Decision Making Study

Forum: Survey, Interview and Participant Requests: Need your Help! —

Research proposals and/or requests posted here by members have been reviewed and approved by the Moderator Team, but not associated with Breastcancer.org.

Posted on: Jan 29, 2019 09:30AM - edited Jan 29, 2019 09:38AM by CaringNurseResearcher

CaringNurseResearcher wrote:

PLEASE DISCUSS YOUR BILATERAL MASTECTOMY DECISION WITH ME

The goal of this PhD study is to expand nursing knowledge of women's breast surgery decision-making in order to provide optimal nursing care and inform health policy in this area.

Eligible participants will be asked to participate in a single face-to-face or virtual interview lasting approximately 60-90 minutes PRIOR TO THE PLANNED SURGERY DATE.

This is a CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK (CUNY) GRADUATE CENTER, IRB APPROVED (2017-1342) nursing study.

ABOUT THE RESEARCHER: I am a Nurse Practitioner since 2011 with 25 years experience in the oncology setting. I have practiced in NYC and Connecticut. My motive for doing this study comes from my professional and personal experiences supporting women making breast cancer decisions.Nancy Roecklein PhD(c), ANP-BC

My Advisor Dr. Martha Whetsell and I are happy to answer any questions you may have. I look forward to a collaboration with you on this important topic

nroecklein@gradcenter.cuny.edu

Moderator Approved post

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jan 29, 2019 11:55PM Traveltext wrote:

Is this study just restricted to women who’ve had a bilateral mastectomy

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Jan 31, 2019 10:15AM CaringNurseResearcher wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your question. The University IRB approval received for this study is for women in the United States of average breast cancer risk (no BRCA/strong family history/ age 40-60) with a first diagnosis of unilateral breast cancer who choose to have bilateral mastectomy.

Nancy Roecklein

Jan 31, 2019 11:51AM Traveltext wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Nanc.

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)