Join Us

We are 218,114 members in 84 forums discussing 160,905 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: The Effect of Family-Based Interventions on Quality of Life

Forum: Survey, Interview and Participant Requests: Need your Help! —

Research proposals and/or requests posted here by members have been reviewed and approved by the Moderator Team, but not associated with Breastcancer.org.

Posted on: Oct 17, 2020 03:48PM

Moderators wrote:

Hello All,

My name is Grace Sikapokoo and I am a doctoral student at Ohio University, conducting research on the effect of family-based interventions on the quality of life of breast cancer (BC) survivors. I would specifically like to understand what types of interventions families engaged in or are engaging in, since the BC survivor was diagnosed. I am seeking to interview BC survivors and receive a referral of a family member that I could potentially interview.

If you agree, participation will require 60 minutes of your time for an interview. The interview will ask you to share what your family has done with you and for you since your diagnosis, and the impact it has had on your quality of life as a BC survivor. All interviews will be audio and or video recorded using Zoom for transcription purposes only.

Since this study is about family-based interventions, the research will include interviews of family members. Once you contact me I will send you the family member recruitment flier. Please share the attached flier with any family members whom you feel were part of the family-based interventions and would like to take part in the study. The flier includes information about this study and whom to contact if they wish to take part.

This research project has been approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) at Ohio University IRB number: 20-E-294

If you are interested, please follow the link below to share your contact information and availability. Thank you for your time! Questions or concerns can be directed to me (gs901518@ohio.edu) or to my research advisor, Dr. Laura W. Black (blackl1@ohio.edu).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Consent and contact details link: https://ohio.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0Omvy4MaIkMvau1

Thank you in advance for your help.

Grace

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...