Join Us

We are 216,296 members in 84 forums discussing 160,161 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: New to immunotherapy Tecentriq

Forum: Immunotherapy - Before, During, and After —

Discuss your experiences with the benefits, risks, and side effects of immunotherapy treatment for breast cancer.

Posted on: May 26, 2020 10:17PM

dlittkemann wrote:

Hi all

Hope you are all doing well tonight. Quick question. I was diagnosed with bone mets in February... started Abraxane and Tecentriq mar 4th. Had my 3 month scan and my oncologist said scan was ok. Cpl spots have grown a little bit but he said we see this w this drug. When the cells attach to cancer cells, this makes tumour look bit bigger. But he said Then second 3 mos scan should see no change or some shrinking even. Anyone else heard this? Just want to be sure. There is some info on google. They called it pseudo progressio

Dx 4/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 4/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/25/2018 Radiation Therapy 1/20/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 27, 2020 08:59AM - edited May 27, 2020 08:59AM by Moderators

dlittkemann, until other members jump in here with some responses, you may want to take a look at the article Tecentriq (atezolizumab): Side Effects, How it Works, and More from our main site.

Wishing you well,The Mods
To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jun 2, 2020 05:35PM Sf2008 wrote:

Hello,

I hope you are feeling a bit better with your bone pain. I too, have mets in my back and sternum. After two months of receiving this treatment I wasnt feeling any better, I had pain and I was tired. I had progression in bones and treatment has been stopped. Radiation and medicial oncologist agreed. I dont know if that is helpful.

Dx 2/8/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/8 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 2/28/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)