Join Us

We are 221,192 members in 83 forums discussing 161,890 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Is anyone taking TUKYSA ?

Forum: Immunotherapy - Before, During, and After —

Discuss your experiences with the benefits, risks, and side effects of immunotherapy treatment for breast cancer.

Posted on: Apr 2, 2021 02:14PM

Kitkat703 wrote:

I have been taking this drug for about 4 months now. I was started at 600 mg but had to drop to 300 mg daily due to serious diarrhea.It is supposed to be able to cross the blood/brain barrier and stop MBC from getting into your brain. I had 4 brain Mets removed in 9/2020 with radiation. Does anyone else take this and what is their experience ? This drug was a part of the HER2Climb trial.

MBC Stage 1V, Have done chemo ;currently on Herceptin..Clean scan. Don't let that fool you. I was diagnosed in 4/2018. Dx 4/5/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 5/19/2018 Other Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Apr 9, 2021 02:20PM elenas401 wrote:

I was just prescribed Tukysa and will get it delivered next week. I have progressed on Herceptin and Perjeta but have not been diagnosed with brain mets,. Everyone on here on Tukysa seems to have brain mets and I'm concerned that I'm getting Tukysa now and not saving it for if I have brain mets later. Has anyone taken it for other involvement?

Dx 1/2017, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel)

Apr 9, 2021 03:09PM - edited Apr 9, 2021 05:46PM by Kitkat703

Hopefully, this will PREVENT brain Mets. This drug can pass the blood/brain barrier and the hope is it can prevent mbc before it gets in the brain. It was just approved in 4/2020 so it's just becoming more used and prescribed now.

Watch out for diarrhea, its one of the worst side effects, in trials a few people died just from diarrhea. Keep that in mind and keep your dr informed.

MBC Stage 1V, Have done chemo ;currently on Herceptin..Clean scan. Don't let that fool you. I was diagnosed in 4/2018. Dx 4/5/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 5/19/2018 Other Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)