Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute — Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 05:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 09:42AM by micmel

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 05:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 09:42AM by micmel

micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/9/2016 AC Surgery 6/20/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/19/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/6/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 2675 of 2,680 (26,800 results)

May 13, 2022 01:56PM micmel wrote:

Dodgers~ good to see you. It’s been a while. Hope you’ve been ok……. At least ! I’m always just ok I think. I guess that’s all I can settle for. Sending thoughts your way!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/9/2016 AC Surgery 6/20/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/19/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/6/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 13, 2022 01:58PM - edited May 13, 2022 01:59PM by seeq

Just dropping in to say hi. I'm reading along and following everyone's ups and downs. I guess I'm a bit distracted, because I can't seem to pull my thoughts together into a reasonable response.

My scans are coming up Thursday, and I probably shouldn't be worried, but I am. I still haven't worked out the question about insurance coverage for the blood biopsy. Personally, I think the clinic dropped the ball, unless a pre-auth just isn't required (seems doubtful) but I haven't gotten a clear answer yet, and I'm not moving forward until I get one. We've been having a new septic system being put in this week, so lots of mess, heavy equipment, and men working. The good news is the system is in and will support us and our guests without a problem. Now we just need to grow grass everywhere. And my daughter is coming up for an overnight visit, which is the best news!

Waving around the room. Sending good thoughts to all and cyberhugs where needed.

De novo diagnosis with large/numerous liver mets. Breast lump identified one month later. Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/9/2020 Verzenio

May 13, 2022 04:19PM kbl wrote:

I’m waving to all and saying hello as well. As you can imagine, my life is much busier now with my grandson here. It’s definitely an adjustment, but a routine is being implemented so he can adjust. He calls for me more than mom and dad because he’s used to me being in this house on a regular and not them. He’s starting to figure it out, though, and we’re all working as a team.

Please know I’m thinking of you all

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/23/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 6/23/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Other

May 13, 2022 05:56PM illimae wrote:

It’s nearly 8pm here and the moon is out but it doesn’t get dark until after 9pm. DH made a crockpot chicken dinner and we ate on the deck. Currently 76 degrees with a nice breeze.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 1/1/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External Local Metastases 10/19/2017 Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External Local Metastases 4/18/2018 Brain Radiation Therapy 5/22/2019 External Local Metastases 5/22/2019 Brain Surgery 1/21/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/16/2020 External Local Metastases 2/16/2020 Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External Local Metastases 7/20/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External Local Metastases 12/4/2020 Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 13, 2022 05:57PM sunshine99 wrote:

seeq, good to see you here. It's been a while, right?

There was a book many years ago by Erma Bombeck titled, "The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank." That title came to me as I was reading your post. LOL

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 13, 2022 06:57PM dodgersgirl wrote:

when I had my Scan, started out with clinic telling me they were out of Huber needles needed to access my port. The nurse called the nearby hospital who had the needed equipment. Then was told I wasn’t going to “drink” anything due to the next shortage (the one from a China supply chain problem)Then on the news tonight was a story about these shortages. I think the news expects product back in USA in weeks.

A couple of days before scans, I had a meeting with my new pulmonary DR. She said my lungs sound clear but SpO2 numbers still tank when I move about. She diagnosed me with restrictive lung disease. That means I am probably on supplemental air forever. Sigh.

I haven’t written much but do still read posts. Mainly due to fatigue from treatments and dealing with hubby’s medical needs, too. We find out next week if he will need open heart surgery to replace a leaking heart valve. It’s always something

I am still on Verzenio and Fulvestrant shots for now. I have all the listed side effects including really low hemoglobin numbers (7.9)

I have all new doctors due to a fight between my clinic of 35 years and my insurance company. Having to learn what to expect and when from new oncology doctors. Not going as well as I would want. Sigh

So nice to hear from you guys. I do miss you all.

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/10/2017 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 14, 2022 07:42AM - edited May 14, 2022 07:57AM by mara51506

Dodgers, I am sorry you have so many side effects and are dealing with a contrast shortage. That is crazy. I hope there is something that can tone down the side effects.

May, love the moon in the picture. We are warmer than you guys for a couple more days. Will be glad when older DB puts in the AC.

The electrician came and put in a new junction box and support, light fixture is the same which is fine with me.

KBL, I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your grandson even if it is busy.

Seeq, in your pocket for Thursday's scans and glad your daughter got to spend the night.

Foodwise, I am eating smaller meals and exercising after them. I plan to eat at least 4 per day. I want to rev up the metabolism to make up for all the sitting when I am doing surveys or mobile games for extra cash. I still have no desire to walk for any length of time, may have to throw in some Walmart trips in the morning by bus and walk the store.

Breakfast was 1/4 cup pinto beans, 1/4 cup beefless ground, fried up in my pan and left to heat on low for a few minutes with a lid overtop. Seasoning wise, I added peanut butter powder to boost protein without a ton of calories. Two tbsp of queso, only 40 cals, tiny bit of mayo to tone down the spice and italian and taco seasonings as well. I cannot taste the peanut and it was so very filling with the added protein.

Edited to add that I did 10 mins of Paul Eugene while standing. It does feel like a real effort after eating but that is fine. I may add some 5 mins of marching on the spot to one or two songs every half hour or so if I don't get too distracted by earning money. I know sitting for too long is bad for me. I do want a trip to Walmart but will wait until Monday morning and take the bus there. I earned 30 bucks in Walmart gift cards and they are almost the cheapest store.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/21/2015 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 14, 2022 08:22AM dodgersgirl wrote:

Mara, love reading your posts. So many neat ideas. Admire all the walking you do, too. Ref my Verzenio side effects— decided a while ago that I would put up with SE as long as medications are doing their job only so many treatments available before having to move to IV drugs Verzenio gives me diarrhea, SOB, chills, cold hands/feet, tender mouth (no sores, just overall tenderness), fatigue, etc

Illimae, as Mara posted— beautiful photo. Nd love the puppy pics that you post. Sooooo cute.

KBL—. Having daughter and family with you will keep you on your toes! Enjoy your family!

Sondra- how are you doing. Miss talking to you. I am on Verzenio and Fulvestrant shots I think next treatment is Xeloda. Dreading the hand/foot syndrome ☹️

Seeq—in your pocket for your scans.

Mel— thanks for keeping your living room “open”!!!! Waving at you.

Moth— thanks for answering my recent questions. Appreciate it

Tanya—. I so want to get to the point where I can travel to Florida to spend time overlooking the ocean. I think Florida when I see your posts and KBLs. Hope you are enjoying your family this spring

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/10/2017 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 14, 2022 11:21AM sf-cakes wrote:

Kikomoon, I will always remember you! I love the moon, for one (my avatar is a photo of a blood moon, which is happening tomorrow night again) so your name stands out to me.

Gorgeous photos from Mel and Mae!

Sending love and support and hugs and fresh warm scones with jam to everyone.

This is some bullshit. Dx 6/2020, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/1/2020 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 8/4/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 11/2/2020 Chest wall Dx 1/2021, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 2/9/2021 External Local Metastases 2/9/2021 Radiation therapy: Bone Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 14, 2022 11:48AM kbl wrote:

Thank you all. I am definitely on my toes. Had a garage sale this weekend and am done with those. Not much traffic. Love the pictures from Mae and Mel. Glad to see you here, DodgersGirl. We miss when one of us is gone for a while.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/23/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 6/23/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Other

Page 2675 of 2,680 (26,800 results)

Scroll to top button