Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute — Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 07:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 11:42AM by micmel

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 07:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 11:42AM by micmel

micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 2683 of 2,803 (28,030 results)

May 20, 2022 11:38AM candy-678 wrote:

Booboo and all- I just came from the ortho doc. It has been 18 days from the hip steroid injection (to be exact). I told the ortho doc that it didn't help. She asked me if I had ANY relief, even transient from the lidocaine they gave. I said that for a couple of days I had relief, but then the pain came back. She said "good", in the fact that it proves the injection went to the right area. She said that unfortunately the steroid didn't help me, it does not for some patients. She recommended Tramadol (Ultram) pain pills. Said Celebrex (anti-inflammatory med) could not be given due to my blood thinner use. Said it would increase GI bleeding. (Also Celebrex can raise liver function numbers, and I have the liver mets to watch too) I asked if we could try the injection again in a few months, just to give it one more try. She said ok. To call her when I am ready and she would set it up. But if it doesn't work on the 2nd try, then we know it will just not work with me.

I am disappointed. I hate to use Tramadol due to my constipation issues already. And they tell me I am not a surgical candidate with my cancer and other health issues. So, I guess the arthritic hip is my "new normal" now. I am really getting tired of that phrase. My 'new normal" sucks.

April 2021 first progression and flip ER-/PR+ now. Current treatment as of Sept 2021 is Lynparza, Lupron (been on since Nov 2017), and Xgeva (been on since Nov 2017). Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Dx 4/2021, ER-/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Lynparza (olaparib) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left)

May 20, 2022 11:50AM kbl wrote:

Mae, I’m hoping for positive results.

Still crazy here. Thinking of you all

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 20, 2022 01:03PM rosie24 wrote:

Pocket duty for anyone who needs it. Sorry, I can’t list everyone by name. More than usual brain fog for me.

I’m (hopefully) coming out of some rough days with side effects from my first Zometa infusion on Monday. Some of you may know what I mean. Super sleepy, achy, fever, just overall crappy feeling.

Dx 1/23/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 1/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 12/4/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 12/4/2019 Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 3/18/2020 Whole breast Dx IDC/DCIS, ER-/PR-, HER2-

May 20, 2022 02:41PM micmel wrote:

so sorry Rosie. Hope you feel better soon Damn treatments are so tough on us. Sending gentle hugs

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 20, 2022 02:56PM moth wrote:

rosie, sorry about the zometa side effects. it sounds miserable. if it continues maybe you can switch to xgeva? it's a subcutaneous shot once a month, no side effects for me.

i had my ct scan and in a couple hours i'm meeting with my oncologist. i'm off for lunch now & going to watch some comedy show as a distraction. it's a beautiful day weather wise but i'm a bit stressy

hugs everyone

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/26/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/16/2020 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External Local Metastases 3/3/2021 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 1/1/2022 Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) Chemotherapy 6/1/2022 Other

May 20, 2022 03:19PM micmel wrote:

moth ~ will be in your pocket. Hugs my friend

May 20, 2022 03:27PM elderberry wrote:

moth: It is a beautiful day here today. I wish you could just be out and about with Olive and not stressing.

De Novo - this isn't a "brave battle" - it is a "furious struggle" Dx 3/6/2019, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

May 20, 2022 04:38PM kikomoon wrote:

booboo thank you. I hope you get to see your Yorkies soon.

In pockets for all who need it- dodgersgirl, SeeQ, candy, mae, I’m sure I missed some.

Steroids didn’t do much for me. I cleaned out the pantry and did four loads of laundry though. Slept like a bag of rocks as usual - figured that was because of the remeron prescribed for appetite. I didn’t have that last time I took steroids.

Not much going on today. Had my 3 month echo that is all. Maybe will clean and organize some more

Dx 10/16/2020, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/liver/lungs, Grade 2, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Radiation Therapy External Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Local Metastases Brain

May 20, 2022 04:56PM livingivlife wrote:

I finally got home sweet home at 1:30am. The plane was supposed to leave at 5:30pm yesterday but after a boatload of delays we didn't get off the ground until 9:30pm. I was exhausted and in pain. Today is slow moving!

I have been keeping up on the posts. Yay for stable Mara. For new treatments being started may they provide excellent results. I hope you get to see your pups Booboo. In pockets for scan results.

When I was on steroids after chemo I was like a mad robot going through the house cleaning or taking care of the yard outside. Geez !

I am sorry for not mentioning or remembering names but my mind is like a sift. Please know I am with all of you.

Deb

May 20, 2022 05:17PM bevjen wrote:

kikomoon,

I was prescribed remeron by the palliative care team at my doctor's. I haven't found that it makes much difference in my appetite. Has it improved yours? When in the day do you take it? Just looking for some help here because I've lost about 60 lbs during the last year. Wanted to lose weight but not exactly like this.

Thanks.

Microwave Ablations of the Liver: 7/2019; 10/2020; 12/2020 Radiation Therapy for Bone Mets to Femur (Both sides) April 2021 Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/4/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (Left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Page 2683 of 2,803 (28,030 results)

Scroll to top button