Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute — Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 08:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 12:42PM by micmel

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 08:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 12:42PM by micmel

micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 2690 of 2,814 (28,137 results)

May 24, 2022 04:50PM livingivlife wrote:

Candy- yahoo for great scan results!

Deb

May 24, 2022 05:01PM livingivlife wrote:

Moth- I am so sorry for the progression. Cancer does suck big time. Our lives are like a roller coaster of ups and downs. May the new treatment set you on the track for hopeful results. A virtual hug is sent your way.

Deb

May 24, 2022 05:03PM dodgersgirl wrote:

Candy—- shrinkage is terrific news!!! So happy for you!!

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 24, 2022 05:03PM mara51506 wrote:

Moth, I am so sorry about your news. I am hoping this will be kinder on your body and help bring you to stability.

Candy, great news to hear indeed, great test results.

Well, looks like there is a new wellness check call for me. She sounds like a nice lady, she talks a lot so I will work to keep our conversations short. Keeping these calls professional. Told SIL that I will not text while having calls. We will see how it goes

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 24, 2022 05:07PM sf-cakes wrote:

Candy, wonderful to hear about the shrinkage! Hope your treatment side effects are minimal, it's so great that it's working.

Moth, I'm so sorry about your scan results. I really really hope for more treatments NOW for all types, but especially triple negative. Sending you support and good energy.

This is some bullshit. Dx 6/2020, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/1/2020 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 8/4/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 11/3/2020 Chest wall Dx 1/2021, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 2/10/2021 External Local Metastases 2/10/2021 Radiation therapy: Bone Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 24, 2022 05:10PM moderators wrote:

Moth, we Mods are sending love to you also. So sorry to hear about the progression, but hoping for some changes with your next line of treatment.

Heart

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

May 24, 2022 05:59PM kikomoon wrote:

Candy, that is great news, shrinkage!

Moth I am so sorry about the progression. I sincerely hope the next treatment knocks it out.

Well I amat the ER now. MDA said to call if anything changes, not to minimize it. I have double vision in my far sight since Sunday. Wasn’t getting any better so I called MDA. They told me to go to the ER for a brain MRI. Last one was a month ago and I just had my first Enhertu treatment on Thursday. Not much I can do except what they recommend. So I wait.

Dx 10/16/2020, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/liver/lungs, Grade 2, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Radiation Therapy External Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Local Metastases Brain

May 24, 2022 07:08PM 50sgirl wrote:

Mae, How are you doing? I hope that the pain and other SEs from the spinal tap have been resolved. When do you expect to get results?

Moth, I am sorry that you received such disappointing news. It is always hard to learn of progression, and I know you have been doing everything you can to stop mbc from spreading. Unfortunately, the disease’s future path is not easily seen or understood, and there are as yet unknown variables in individuals and cancer. I hope your next treatment yields excellent results with few or no SEs.

Candy, WOOHOO for shrinkage. I am doing the happy dance for you. It is important for us to learn bad news from posters, but it is just as important to hear the good news. We are here to support everyone.

I started cycle 6 of Ixempra today. Scans show that Mets in spleen and bones are stable. Liver Mets show some progression, but since I feel good, liver numbers look good, and TMs dropped significantly then leveled off, we are sticking to Ixempra for now. If TM results look.bad when we see them in a couple of days, we can discuss.

Hello to everyone here. I have not been posting lately, but I think of all of you often.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

Dx 6/5/2015, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/10/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 8/9/2016, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/10/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 8/31/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 7/3/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy 10/2/2018 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 2/11/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/12/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 11/13/2019 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 12/27/2019 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy 3/8/2020 Adriamycin (doxorubicin) Targeted Therapy 2/6/2021 Verzenio Chemotherapy 4/13/2021 Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy 9/30/2021 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Methotrexate (Amethopterin, Mexate, Folex) Chemotherapy 2/11/2022 translation missing: en.treatments.chemotherapy.chemotherapy_regimen.options.short_drugs.epithilone.ixempra

May 24, 2022 07:24PM candy-678 wrote:

Moth- I am so sorry to hear your news. It is so hard to understand why some do well (my news) while others are struggling (you). This disease is so unfair. And news can change on a dime, as we all know. I am very thankful that my news was good, but we all know it could change in 3 months, 6 months, etc. And all will eventually progress. I pray that they find the "silver bullet" for you with the next treatment.

Kikomoon- Thinking of you now as you are in the ER and awaiting the brain MRI.

50'sgirl- That sounds like a good plan.

This is all so hard.

April 2021 first progression and flip ER-/PR+ now. Current treatment as of Sept 2021 is Lynparza, Lupron (been on since Nov 2017), and Xgeva (been on since Nov 2017). Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Dx 4/2021, ER-/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Lynparza (olaparib) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left)

May 24, 2022 08:51PM micmel wrote:

oh Kikomoon! I am sending many hugs and thoughts of support. I so hope you stop having double vision. I'll be keeping you close in heart.

Hi. 50'sgirl. Always a pleasure to see you here I hope your Tms stays steady. Good news stable for some things bone and spleen. Sending hugs.

Candy~ ty for keeping track. Sweet woman!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 2690 of 2,814 (28,137 results)

Scroll to top button