Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute — Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 08:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 12:42PM by micmel

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 08:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 12:42PM by micmel

micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 2798 of 2,811 (28,103 results)

Aug 5, 2022 08:45PM mara51506 wrote:

Welcome cookie, yes two forms of cancer is so much more to deal with for sure. I do love in the pocket as we all are for each other as well. We all support you and each other. I bring you all in my pocket when I am so depressed from time to time as well, makes me feel better.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Aug 5, 2022 09:05PM dodgersgirl wrote:

Cookie54–. Welcome and sorry you find yourself here.

Find a comfy chair and grab a beverage of choice.

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 5, 2022 09:42PM traveltext wrote:

Moth. You have helped so many people and I have treasured the times we've corresponded. BCO will lose a top person in you. Peace and love. Rod

NED breast and prostate cancer. Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Aug 5, 2022 10:39PM kbl wrote:

I wrote to Moth privately on Instagram. Her daughter wrote back.

Thank you for thinking of moth. This is her daughter typing. Moth is home, chemo stopped working and there isn't much time left. Getting support from home heath so that she can stay at home like she wants. I will try and keep her online friends updated but please feel free to share this with anyone who would like to know.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 5, 2022 10:41PM kikomoon wrote:

welcome to all the newbies! I love that you’ve made this living room for us, Mel. It is the only place I have where everyone just gets it. I have lost touch with many many friends. Everyone is so busy, have small kids, and live in other towns. My two good friends from work have grown distant the last couple of months, since I am no longer working, I guess. Still it’s sad. I am glad I can come here and feel free to share.

Just got back from three days at the Texas coast. I spent the first 2 days worrying about being constipated! Imagined myself in the hospital, wherever that was, getting impacted poop out. All is better now though, so worried for nothing although I didn’t go #2 for 4 whole days. The third day I said forget it I’m going to the beach, it will come eventually! Had a generally good time as my mom rented her own place and took all her grandchildren, who are grown now, and their childre. Seeing them all was nice. Beach was super windy. DH’s birthday today. Low key but we went out to eat. Hope everyone is doing ok. Still sad about Moth.

Dx 10/16/2020, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/liver/lungs, Grade 2, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Radiation Therapy External Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Local Metastases Brain

Aug 6, 2022 12:15AM elderberry wrote:

kbl: thank you for letting us know about moth. I hope she knows how much of an impact she had on all of us and that we are grieving. I wish her comfort and peace.

kikomoon: good to hear happy news and fun stuff. I gather it did , in fact, pass. I seem to have the opposite problem - a lot. Imodium is my friend.

De Novo - this isn't a "brave battle" - it is a "furious struggle" Dx 3/6/2019, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Aug 6, 2022 07:52AM - edited Aug 6, 2022 07:59AM by micmel

thank you to Moth's daughter to keep us informed. She is definitely on my mind. I am sending thoughts of peace and love. With everything your family is going through, to take the time to talk to us. Thank you so much. Strong daughter. Hugs to you both. (Thanks KBL).

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Aug 6, 2022 08:36AM cookie54 wrote:

elderberry, You said it right a huge pile lol .Seriously though there is a correlation between women who get breast cancer at higher risk to get thyroid and vice versa… who knew??? But only 5% of thyroid nodules are cancerous, interesting

Current Tx: Xeloda& Keytruda ,lung mets 6/22 Dx 8/15/2016, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/14/2016 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (Left): Saline implant; Reconstruction (Right): Saline implant Chemotherapy 10/14/2016 AC Dx 6/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 5/8 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/29/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Surgery 10/19/2020 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right) Radiation Therapy 11/23/2020 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy 7/1/2022 Other Immunotherapy 7/5/2022 Keytruda (pembrolizumab) Dx IDC, Other, Stage IV, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine)

Aug 6, 2022 08:51AM candy-678 wrote:

Sorry I am late to the game, but WELCOME to cookie54.

April 2021 first progression and flip ER-/PR+ now. Current treatment as of Sept 2021 is Lynparza, Lupron (been on since Nov 2017), and Xgeva (been on since Nov 2017). Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Dx 4/2021, ER-/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Lynparza (olaparib) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left)

Aug 6, 2022 12:02PM mara51506 wrote:

Mel, checking in on you, how are you doing, how is sister doing and in both of your pockets offering love and support to both of you in your pockets, you are so kind.

Welcome newbies, we would love anyone to post here, do NOT have to be Stage IV either. We love day to day stuff and of course cancer questions and concerns about side effects, mental or physical struggles and we like everyone in our pockets supporting those having scans. Please feel free to contribute.

I am one of those who quite often just posts about my life, good and bad. I do post my food adventures as well since I am one of those that does not like many things. I eat a lot of beans, vegan beefless ground, lots of iron in both, spinach rice and pasta. I do eat a lot of canned veggies as well since my freezer is small. I also LOVE laundry and creating different cleaners out of the oxiclean or as part of a liquid detergent.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Page 2798 of 2,811 (28,103 results)

Scroll to top button