Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute — Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 08:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 12:42PM by micmel

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 08:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 12:42PM by micmel

micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 2865 of 2,938 (29,379 results)

Sep 24, 2022 10:27AM candy-678 wrote:

Mara- Good interview.

April 2021 first progression and flip ER-/PR+ now. Current treatment as of Sept 2021 is Lynparza, Lupron (been on since Nov 2017), and Xgeva (been on since Nov 2017). Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Dx 4/2021, ER-/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Lynparza (olaparib) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left)

Sep 24, 2022 11:19AM mara51506 wrote:

Thank you Candy.

Well, people here feel I am helpful to others, I will need to be for my real life friend. Her Mom has been dx'd with Stage IV endometrial cancer. Not a great way to re establish contact. Going to see her tomorrow for tea, we are messaging for now. Poor thing, I know what she is going through since my Mom died not long ago. I told her that while she wants to be hopeful, remember that when it builds up inside her, rage cry, hit something and get it out. Nothing will make it suck less for her and I am so sad for her and her Mom as well.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 25, 2022 08:31AM goldensrbest wrote:

Mara - very good interview! Sorry to learn of your friend’s mother’s dx but you already sound like you’ve been a help to her.

Mae - lovely night sky photo.

I’ve got some freaky rash on my right hand and arm. Given my recent cellulitis, my MO started me on an antibiotic on Friday but rash seems to be spreading on hand. Can’t close hand to make a fist - it is swollen and painful. Sounds like a trip to urgent care for me today 🙄🙄🙄

Have a peaceful Sunday dear sisters❤️

Dx 6/1990, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, 1/20 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 7/1999, IDC, Right, <1cm Dx 7/26/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/25/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy CMF Surgery Mastectomy Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 25, 2022 08:39AM micmel wrote:

in your pocket Goldens! Hope it heals quickly.

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 25, 2022 08:59AM candy-678 wrote:

Goldens- Hope you are ok. And Urgent Care works better for you than it did for me.

I developed a fever of 100.5 on Friday afternoon/evening. Called MO office at 3p and heard back at 4:45. To do a CBC at Urgent Care. Remember, my MO is 2 hours away in a different town. I called my Urgent Care in my town and they said they don't draw blood. ??? So I went to the ER. All tests--- bloodwork, Covid test, chest x-ray all ok.

Pocket duty list for this week---

Kittykat- PET Tuesday and oral surgeon Thursday

April 2021 first progression and flip ER-/PR+ now. Current treatment as of Sept 2021 is Lynparza, Lupron (been on since Nov 2017), and Xgeva (been on since Nov 2017). Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Dx 4/2021, ER-/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Lynparza (olaparib) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left)

Sep 25, 2022 09:42AM mara51506 wrote:

Goldens, thank you about the interview and I hope they get the cellulitis healed up soon.

Candy, glad the ER tests did not show anything but that makes the fever a mystery. Hoping you are feeling better.

Mel, how are you and your sister doing? I've been wondering about you.

My cold is gone thankfully so I can see my friend. Going to do more listening than talking because it could just be a visit between friends after a long while. I have known her more than 10 years meeting at a job. I will take my cue if she needs a listener, talker and whether she wants to vent about her Mom and only interject my Mom in if she asks. She may also need some non cancer stuff to talk about.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 25, 2022 10:49AM micmel wrote:

Candy~thank goodness you’re ok. Oh gosh the things we all Go through.

Mae~ love the stars.

Mara~ my sister had her second chemo treatment Thursday. She’s a strong woman for sure. I think she’s still in shock. I am doing ok. Getting by day to day. Somedays bored. Others i paint. Somedays sleep. It all depends on the side effect of the day. My mouth is bugging me again. it’s a become chronic thing. Thanks for asking. I hope your cold is better.

Avail for pocket duty as needed.

Sep 25, 2022 11:02AM dutchiris wrote:

I had a biopsy on Friday. I get results on Wednesday. I anticipate my next treatment will be IV. Radiation oncologist recommended radiation to hip, pelvis, and sacrum. I have some swelling in the area of my sternal notch and right side of my neck. I am anxious not being on any treatment right now.

Dx 1/25/2013, IDC, Left, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 19/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/22/2013 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 6/19/2013 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2013 Radiation Therapy 7/15/2013 Dx 7/26/2019, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/10/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 8/17/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 4/7/2021, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, ER-/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/14/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy 6/20/2022 Piqray (alpelisib) Hormonal Therapy 6/20/2022 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Sep 25, 2022 12:45PM sunshine99 wrote:

Goldens, ouch! I hope you heal quickly.

Candy, I'm sorry about your fever. I'm glad you're OK, but what kind of Urgent Care doesn't do blood draws???

Mara, have fun visiting your friend. I'm sure you'll be good for her. I'm glad your cold is getting better.

Mel, thinking of you and your sister today,

Dutchiris, I'm sorry you're facing the possibility of IV chemo again.

This insomnia of mine is the pits! Last night I was awake until 4:31 (according to my Fitbit.) I'm thinking about asking my MO or PCP for some kind of sleep aid – just to get my sleep pattern back on track. I've tried everything I can think of.

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Sep 25, 2022 01:24PM mara51506 wrote:

Candy, I am so glad you are doing better.

Mel, glad the chemo seems to be going well and I am sorry your mouth is bothering you. My cold is gone except for the hoarse voice which is less hoarse today. That was from the days of coughing, If I thought I had any chance of being contagious I would not meet for tea but I am fine to go.

Other than seeing my friend, did some laundry and mixed up a bigger container of foaming soap, put it in an empty 4L vinegar container. 3 L water, 1L of the liquid soap I used to dilute to foaming.

Made a different sort of breakfast, 1/2 cup baked beans, a few leftover Mcdonald's fries also heated through. In a pot 1/4 cup of rice and then put the egg at the same time. Wound up with scrambled egg and rice. On top, sprinkled wheat bran and added a spoonful of sour cream that was mixed with ketchup and mustard. Seasoned with salt and some streak seasoning. Not too much food but I could not finish it all. For my meal before going out, will just combine 1/4 cup baked beans and 1/4 beefless ground and add the leftovers.

Page 2865 of 2,938 (29,379 results)

Scroll to top button