Join Us

We are 221,193 members in 83 forums discussing 161,890 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 05:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 09:42AM by Micmel

Micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 657 of 686 (20,554 results)

Posts 19681 - 19710 (20,554 total)

Feb 15, 2021 08:31PM molliefish wrote:

Welcome back runor, quick post to say take cover Texas! We see it is a weather emergency there. A very happy birthday x 2 Mae, so sad for those who have scans, tests, are feeling crappy and in wish for smooth sailing for all. Love to all.

Dx 5/24/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/8/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 8/14/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/10/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Feb 15, 2021 10:29PM SeeQ wrote:

I've been reading along, but not finding the right words to post. Stuck in my head, turning things over and over.

Candy, I was reading your post from this morning and wondered if online cooking classes would be fun for you. There are a few free ones out there for all levels; it might be something new and interesting to entertain you. I, myself, am a pretty basic cook - I do all right, but nothing extravagant. I'd love to be a great cook, like some in my family , but I'm just not that committed. Lol. Good enough will have to do.

Rosie in your pocket for your ablation.

Mae - love the two birthdays (or four birthdays, if you count the halves) Too much fun. And your dinner pic looked amazing.

TangandChris - I think it's hardest hearing and saying the words, especially when it's new news for someone. I know I'm living it day to day, but somehow saying/hearing it makes it feel...permanent, if that makes any sense. And it just sucks.

This extreme winter weather is crazy. My son sent pictures of snow in El Paso - where he moved, in part, to get away from cold snowy winters. Lol. It came close to us here, but it's not quite reaching us. We've had mild temps, so far, with lots of rain (thankful I don't have to shovel). I had a long video call with my sister near Chicago. We shared happy hour - glass of wine with snacks - while BIL was snowblowing...again. I don't miss that at all. I don't love 95F and 95% humidity in the summer either, for that matter, but at least I won't freeze to death.

Waving at Mel, Mara, Rosie, Runor, moth, and everyone else I missed.

De Novo Stage IV; numerous mets in liver; single small breast tumor identified 4 weeks later Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/10/2020 Verzenio

Feb 16, 2021 06:02AM GoldensRBest wrote:

While I despise these awful temps (our morning lows have been between -8 & -18) I’m grateful I have a warm home and no reason to venture out (except to potty the dogs which has its own challenges in this weather). Mel’s living room is very cozy indeed. I give thanks to all those who have to work outside in this. Being in the dairy land of Wisconsin, I can’t imagine having to milk cows in this weather. We have nothing but dairy farms around our little town and have not 1, but 2, yogurt plants. Farming is such a hard life. Thank God for farmers or we would be hungry. This recent storm, which somehow missed us, has wrecked havoc in a large swath of the country. Very hard on everyone, especially when ice is involved. I hope Mother Nature starts her hormone replacement soon.

All you ladies be safe. With appointments and birthdays this week, I’m here for all. HUGS

Dx 6/1990, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, 1/20 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 7/1999, IDC, Right, <1cm Dx 7/26/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/25/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy CMF Surgery Mastectomy Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 16, 2021 06:27AM - edited Feb 16, 2021 06:28AM by illimae

Houston weather report: It's 12 degrees and we lost power last night. Snow is still on the ground and looks beautiful. No TV but the fireplace is going and DH percolated coffee for me.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/1/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/22/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/21/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/16/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 16, 2021 07:07AM MelissaDallas wrote:

Mae, local news showed Denton at -6 this morning, and I was at 4 in Dallas. My sister in Denton has been about hour off/hour on with power since yesterday morning. I have been very lucky to not be rolling blackouted so far. My house in Dallas yesterday pic below. I am praying we don’t get freezing rain with next round starting this afternoon.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor. Dx 5/20/2012, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/0 nodes

Feb 16, 2021 09:37AM candy-678 wrote:

Hello all. Almost noon here.

Got up this morning and got my shower in before power went out. Off for a little over 3 hours. Was getting chilly in the house. I have a double wide trailer so not real well insulated. Temp outside in the single digits with some breeze. I was starting to think "what am I going to do". All electric home with no generator or other source of heat. But thank God power on now. Snow is knee deep outside.

SeeQ- I have had others tell me I should learn to cook. No desire. I know that sounds awful, but I have never enjoyed cooking. And living alone with no one to cook for is just not appealing. I would like to EAT all the things I mentioned in my post, just not have to cook/prepare it.

I watched my neighbor dig out his sports car--don't know the make/model-- and tackle the road in front of our houses. He made it, but it was a lot of gunning the engine and a few stops and starts. Thank goodness I have no appts this week.

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Feb 16, 2021 09:47AM Elderberry wrote:

To All: I am sorry for all of you unaccustomed to freezing cold and snow. Losing power just makes things all the worse. The part of Burnaby where I live got very little snow and the grass was still poking through. Only a few minutes drive away people got major dumps. Micro-climate. It is just raining today. Complaining about the weather is a past time here. "When will it stop raining?" and after a week of higher temperatures "When will this heat wave ever end? We need the rain for the gardens" I moved here to escape the bitter winters and the hot, humid and buggy summers. When it snows I get annoyed. The snow can stay on the mountains where it looks spectacular from miles away, at sea level. The skiers are overjoyed.

I am grateful to all the dairy farmers of the world for keeping me supplied with cheese!! ThumbsUp I am grateful for all farmers/growers and the unsung, generally underpaid workers who toil in fields

Wishing the best for everyone with scans coming up.

Happy Birthday, Mae! ----

De Novo - this isn't a "brave battle" - it is a "furious struggle" Dx 3/6/2019, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Feb 16, 2021 11:44AM moth wrote:

Elderberry - I'm probably only a few km away from you and yeah, I had buckets of snow! Still have it in the shady parts of the rear gardens.

I was supposed to have a telehealth visit with my radonc over an hour ago. Now I'm thinking "was I supposed to call him?" but that's stupid. It's always the drs who call isn't it?

Initial dx at 50. Seriously???? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: nevertellmetheodds2017.tumblr.... Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/18/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2020 Femara (letrozole) Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3 Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Feb 16, 2021 12:40PM candy-678 wrote:

Moth- I had telehealth visit with PCP. 45 minutes later I called receptionist and she said she had me down as in-person. So we had to reschedule. I have been doing a lot of telehealth. Some have you log on 10-15 minutes prior and wait in "waiting room". I find each doctor is different on how they do it. Send email with link, go thru patient portal, etc. If telephone versus virtual, I would think doctor to initiate call.

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Feb 16, 2021 01:47PM BevJen wrote:

Moth,

I've had both virtual (face to face on computer) and telephonic visits. With both kinds, the docs have initiated the calls. Any luck yet?

Microwave Ablations of the Liver: 7/2019; 10/2020; 12/2020 Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Feb 16, 2021 01:58PM moth wrote:

RO did finally call. So .... bad news is that they really think the blob on my thoracic spine is a tiny met. Good news I guess is my RO is very aggressive and wants to treat it again as an oligoprogression & offered me 5 fractions of rads (which he told me is technically more than 'needed' for a tiny spot but he wants to hit it hard). He will confer with my MO & I'm meeting with her on Thursday but I gather they're thinking that if they do this I will be able to stay on my current systemic treatment because my liver mets are responding to it. My lung mets are shrinking too so he's thinking the Dec rads worked.

I went for a walk with Olive after the call to process this a bit. I was sort of expecting it so not really surprised but bummed that I'm getting progression in another body system. I mean, come on. Isn't liver and lung enough. Stupid cancer.

Initial dx at 50. Seriously???? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: nevertellmetheodds2017.tumblr.... Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/18/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2020 Femara (letrozole) Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3 Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Feb 16, 2021 02:31PM candy-678 wrote:

Moth- Well crap. I can see why they want to zap it, as it is the only bone met for you. I have never had rads. Risks? In that area? If it was me, I would look at risks versus benefits. I have heard that rads lower in lumbar/sacral area can cause bowel/bladder issues. Good that systemic therapy is controlling your liver and lungs.

My MO doesn't look at my bone mets. We do CT of chest and MRI of abdomen and pelvis. It will comment on "bone window" on CT and the "sclerotic" areas on thoracic and lumbar spine. But I have not had a bone scan in over a year. So my bone mets--- cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral, and pelvis--- could be worsening and we are not monitoring it. I wonder why. Last PET for me was Nov 2019 too. My MO seems concerned with my 4 liver mets and monitoring my organs and that is it. ??????? I wonder if I should push for monitoring of my bony mets.

Feb 16, 2021 02:31PM Elderberry wrote:

moth: yar boo sucks. I am not sure of the spelling but it was an expression apparently used by my husband's fellow boys at the English style boarding school he was unfortunate enough to attend. It was their idea of a big thumbs down swear word. Liver and lungs is enough. More than enough. I am sorry to hear that you have yet another new spot. Unfair. I hope hitting it hard will do the trick. The news that other mets are shrinking is good news. All the same -- DAMN IT

De Novo - this isn't a "brave battle" - it is a "furious struggle" Dx 3/6/2019, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Feb 16, 2021 05:40PM illimae wrote:

Just got internet back after most of the day without cell service, power and now no water. So, checking in. All good here, we’re prepared for anything pretty much and enjoying cocktails by the fireplace (with flashlights, lol)

Its safe to say I now know how to whether a hurricane, flood and freeze.

If off now to conserve my phone battery, happy Tuesday all and have a good evening.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/1/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/22/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/21/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/16/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 16, 2021 05:48PM Elderberry wrote:

Mae: I've been watching MSNBC and saw the awful circumstances you are all in. I wanted to make sure you were okay.

Feb 16, 2021 05:57PM - edited Feb 16, 2021 05:57PM by Micmel

thank goodness you're ok Mae. Rare storm snow event. Be safe.....stay warm.

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 17, 2021 05:47AM tangandchris wrote:

This storm is wreaking havoc. I'm 30 miles outside of Dallas. Half of my family has had no power for days. Luckily we have kept power. We think we must be on the same grid as the police department since we live close.

I'm worried it could go off anytime though. It's a stressful situation, and lately I'm not handing stress well.

I cant keep up with all the posts, but I'm sending love and Hugs to everyone.

My reconstruction with TE's failed...had them removed because of infection. I am still unsure of if or when I will try again. Dx 10/24/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 6/25 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/23/2013 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 2/13/2014 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 10/2020, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 17, 2021 06:05AM candy-678 wrote:

Thinking of those that are without power for extended lengths of time. I was out 3 hours yesterday and it was getting chilly. And I was starting to think about the chance it would be off a long time. Shelter situation. Have to pack up meds. What about my cat. My 94 year old father that lives in my town.

I am praying for those without power--Mae, tangandchris, and others.

I have it better than most right now. My cancer is stable on first line therapy. I don't mean to sound ungrateful.

Feb 17, 2021 06:34AM Micmel wrote:

Candy~you don’t sound un grateful. I have to scan after a year soon. I’m complaining about a year in between. I just don’t want to scan. So no matter how it’s related to cancer. It’s scary frustrating and you never stop feeling those things. Give yourself a break sweetheart. You’re allowed to feel however the heck you feel.

Tang~ hope you keep you power and wish my living room could be full of those that don’t. I hope you get it back soon you’re all on my mind.

Feb 17, 2021 06:39AM candy-678 wrote:

Thanks Mel. I just do not want to gripe too much when others have it worse than me. Power off days, not hours. Going thru treatments as I stay stable on first line--I hope. My next scan is March 22. Praying for your scan on March 4.

Feb 17, 2021 07:50AM - edited Feb 17, 2021 08:31AM by Micmel

I am getting my bloodwork drawn now. Xgeva shot as well. My port worked. (The Crowd goes wild) I'll feel like shit tonight so I'll be watching my Wentworth addiction. My new favorite show on Netflix. Check it out ladies. It will take your mind off anything!!

Feb 17, 2021 08:23AM BevJen wrote:

Hi, all,

Mel, hope you don't feel like you know what.

Plug for another Netflix show -- only 1 season yet so far, though. I started watching Firefly Lane with Katherine Heigl. Recently released. It's very soapy, but decent story line. Also, Virgin River. That has multiple seasons. I'd recommend both if you like soapy shows.

Very excited. I had my second Covid shot last Friday, so waiting for my two weeks to build up my immunity -- but my birthday is March 1 and my hair looks terrible (desperately needs a cut and needs color bc my gray has gone wild.) I decided to treat myself and get it all done. My long time stylist is even coming in before the salon is open so I'll be there for the first hour by myself, just with her. Woo hoo. That will be a spirit lifter for sure.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Microwave Ablations of the Liver: 7/2019; 10/2020; 12/2020 Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Feb 17, 2021 08:38AM Elderberry wrote:

Mel: sending out White Light for you on March 4! Scanxiety is unbearable. I want mine done so I can maybe have good news and relax. I don't want mine done because it might be bad. A year between scans seems a tad long. Is that your normal schedule?

candy: I know it is a month away but good luck on your scan as well and may you still be stable. Gripe about the weather. It is the pits.

mae: what is your favourite cocktail? For a time I collected martini shakers.

Feb 17, 2021 08:58AM illimae wrote:

We had power back for 3 hours last night, then out again but staying warm and safe. No water either but there’s a boil order when it comes back.

I love daiquiris and margaritas, anything sweet.

Feb 17, 2021 09:01AM Pangil68 wrote:

j

Feb 17, 2021 09:23AM Micmel wrote:

Elderberry~It has taken five years to get on yearly scanning. It is my normal . My blood work and tumor markers have been steady. Luckily, I’ve remained stable. I’m praying for more steady going. Thanks for any good thoughts scanning 4th of March. I appreciate it greatly.

Mae~ glad your power is back on but sorry the water thing is an issue. Stay safe and warm.

Feb 17, 2021 09:37AM illimae wrote:

Micmel, unfortunately the power only lasted a few hours, so we’re out again. Good thing the stove and fireplace are both gas, so getting by ok.

Feb 17, 2021 09:44AM mara51506 wrote:

To all who have lost power, I am so sorry. I can only imagine how cold it must have felt for those in the south, houses are not built the same as up here to withstand the cold anyway. Hopefully everyone gets power back soon.

I am hoping to go yearly soon, I am every six months though need a CT scan to rule anything out as they saw osseous glass in my lungs, most likely due to infection but they are checking earlier, about three months from now. I do have a dry cough but my house gets dusty from the cats and no matter how much I vacuum, mop and dust my place, I sneeze and the post nasal drip causes it I think.

Not doing much today, got my Amazon early so I am going to clear out some packaging and take out garbage. I cleared out the front closet and moved the broken twin tub washer in there since the spinner works. I don't store anything in there so it fits in quite nicely

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 17, 2021 09:57AM candy-678 wrote:

Mel- Hope you feel ok tonight. I felt bad after my Xgeva shot when I first started getting them. But now I don't feel anything. Hope it means it is still working. Side effects are cruddy, but sometimes it makes me feel like the drug is being effective.

BevJen- Woohoo to the haircut!!!! My hairdresser knows of my cancer situation, and she used to be my Sunday School Teacher, so she comes in early and cuts mine. So just me and her in the building. Thankful she does that. Haircuts make a person feel good. Last time I came home and splurged and put on some earrings for the day---whoopie.

Feb 17, 2021 11:10AM SeeQ wrote:

BevJen - we're birthday buddies! That is super sweet of your stylist to open the salon early for you. It's amazing what a new hairdo can pick you up. The last time I colored my hair was exactly a year ago - just before we went on a cruise, of all things! When my workplace went full telework in March, I figured it would be a good time to see exactly what was under that color. LOL. There's a lot of silver grey, but I decided it's not too bad, and I'm letting it grow in. Since the color I had was a light golden brown (so the box said), it's faded to a goldy blond the same depth of color as the silver growing in, so the line between the colors isn't abrupt and obvious. I've got a long way to go, though.

Mae, I'm relieved to hear you have an alternative heat source until the cold snap ends or the power comes back on - and stays on. There was a story on then news about a TX mom and child in serious condition in the hospital after she was burning charcoal - in the house! - to keep warm. She must have been desperate to keep them warm, and not known the risk. Very sad.

De Novo Stage IV; numerous mets in liver; single small breast tumor identified 4 weeks later Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/10/2020 Verzenio

Page 657 of 686 (20,554 results)