Join Us

We are 221,193 members in 83 forums discussing 161,890 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 05:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 09:42AM by Micmel

Micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 658 of 686 (20,554 results)

Posts 19711 - 19740 (20,554 total)

Feb 17, 2021 06:12PM Micmel wrote:

thinking of everyone. Hoping the power will be restored like yesterday.... sending good vibes. Across the ways. a storm is on the way here as well. Hopefully it will be our last one. Everyone get their blankets and candles.
glad you have another heat source .....

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 17, 2021 06:18PM cowgal wrote:

I am tired and sore but thankful. The weather here should continue to have a warming trend. My cattle are looking better today. My horses did just fine but I am pretty sure they are dreaming of spring. I hope everyone is well and warm.

Feb 17, 2021 06:52PM Rosie24 wrote:

Just want to give some moral support to those in the affected areas of Texas. I hope the power outages don’t last too long for you all.

Dx 1/23/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/23/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 12/3/2019 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 12/3/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast

Feb 17, 2021 07:37PM illimae wrote:

Thanks Rosie. It’s definitely inconvenient and dangerous for those on electric medical devices but it is also very frustrating. I just don’t understand what keeps people from having a disaster box. No one in south Texas is generally prepared for several days below freezing but there’s been raids on grocery stores similar to when a hurricane is coming. We literally do this year after year, it’s crazy.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/1/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/22/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/21/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/16/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 17, 2021 10:13PM Micmel wrote:

Mae~good to see you checking in. I know it’s rough, I’ve been watching the news and more to come it seems. At least you are prepped. Thank goodness.

Melissaindallas~ hope you’re ok as well

Feb 18, 2021 08:08AM mara51506 wrote:

Mae, glad you are doing OK, won't say good since power is not fully restored. I know there are many people who don't understand the big deal, but those tend to be northerners who don't understand that homes in the south are made to keep the cool but not really to heat the home. Even if a person did have heaters, they would not turn on. Fireplaces would be the best I guess.

I have seen many ignorant posts on facebook that Texas only got a little snow. I usually stomp on those right away with some knowledge that down south, there are not plows, salters side walk plows available to clear the snow, driving is hard as snow tires are not usually needed. I am glad temperatures will be warming up but you all still need power. Thinking of all the people without power.

My apartment has drafty windows but I have fleece pants, hoodie and such if the wind comes through. I also have a heater and blanket as well. Never stay super cold and it is not cold unless the wind is howling. I am more prepared to deal with the cold. For me, I prefer cold to hot weather. Ideally, it would be nice if sidewalks were clear, but really cold and sunny. That is my favourite.

I am going to walk today, nowhere to go particularly. Just want to move my body more, take out garbage, I let it pile up and the boxes are broken down but adding up. I finally broke down the boxes that my dryer and spin dryer came in, they were HUGE. Sawed them in half practically with my box cutter and now the one corner in the living room is full. I do keep a box for broken down boxes to live in until I get the garbage but had a lot of Amazon at the same time.

I am also pleased that my clip on washer that goes on my 5 gallon bucket was able to wash a small throw blanket. Not bad for a 120 dollar machine. Just a back up to the replace twin tub.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 18, 2021 10:38AM illimae wrote:

Power came back yesterday afternoon and has remained on for almost 24 hours, so that’s been nice. We have enough bottled water to drink until the boil notice is lifted. Friends coming in from Louisiana tomorrow for my birthday weekend and they can bring whatever else might be needed since stores there don’t have the limitations and lines we’re seeing in the city.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/1/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/22/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/21/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/16/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 18, 2021 02:19PM mara51506 wrote:

I am so glad to hear the power came back on, hoping it gets warmer for you guys as well in the meantime.

I have not yet been out of the house today, got busy with other things but am going to go after supper in fleece pants and non slip boots.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 19, 2021 08:18AM Bliss58 wrote:

Mae, glad to hear your power came back on. Hope it now stays on! Nice you have friends coming who can bring supplies. Enjoy your birthday weekend.

Hoping power is back on for the rest of you suffering this bad weather in Texas!

Dx at 56 06/2015, IDC left, 4cm, de novo mets to bone; dx 04/2020 progression to liver. Dx 6/1/2015, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 6/30/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 12/16/2015 External: Bone Surgery 2/17/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 5/9/2016 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 2/1/2018 Aromasin (exemestane) Dx 4/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC)

Feb 19, 2021 09:48AM moth wrote:

waving hello and sitting down for a quick cup of tea. I have my metastatic zoom support group starting soon.

I also signed up for a zoom knitting group which is run through the cancer agency - sounds like it's a regular stitch&bitch type of group, open to pts and family members. First session is next week... then I thought, maybe I should have joined a non -cancer affiliated group? I've been playing this game with myself of "how long can I go without thinking about cancer?" and it's not very long. If I turn off social media or this site (like I try to do for weekends) and I ignore messages from my mom, then with podcasts or tricky knitting or listening to music I might manage an hour or so? I don't know if that's normal or what?

So I was thinking, why sign up for another "cancer thing"??? Anyway, I'll see what it's like. I miss gossipping with women, kwim?

& speaking of cancer, I saw my MO yesterday and she sent me for a chest xray because I have a very mild almost unnoticeable shortness of breath. She called me with results late in the evening. We're in wait and watch mode; there's gunky stuff in my lower R lung & tiny pleural effusion- might have pneumonitis.Might be caused by lung rads, might be caused by immunotherapy, might get worse, might be nothing, might go away on its own. Still waiting to book the rads to the spine and apparently have to see the cancer agency dentist before I can start Xgeva - so another appointment during which I need to think about cancer lol

hugs everyone. Tell me how long you can go without thinking about cancer.

Initial dx at 50. Seriously???? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: nevertellmetheodds2017.tumblr.... Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/18/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2020 Femara (letrozole) Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3 Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Feb 19, 2021 11:04AM candy-678 wrote:

Hi Moth.

Zoom is a good thing, I think. I do Zoom gaming, with 3 other people, once a week. Yes, it is a non-cancer people/thing. But, they are so different from me that I don't know if I would hang around them in normal times and if not for the need of some human contact. But, in this day and age of Covid isolation, I am willing to keep doing it.

I cannot go too long without thinking about cancer. So it is not just you. For instance, the last 2 days I have been consumed with researching health insurance plans. I have COBRA that ends in June and Medicare doesn't start until Jan so I need health insurance coverage for the last 6 months of the year. If I was not sick with cancer I would choose something/anything to just have basic coverage. But, with the cancer, scans, appointments, labs, and meds I have to find a premium plan to cover it all. So there ya go. Thinking of cancer about insurance.

And even without the insurance woes, I think of the cancer a lot due to side effects I have--- hot flashes, aches, fatigue, constipation (time for prune juice intervention). Even if I am occupied with something non cancer related, the icky feelings are there to remind me that I am a cancer patient.

I hate to hear you are having some lung issues. I pray it will clear up on its own and soon. You don't need more to deal with.

Have fun with your Zoom group, and gossip away. LOL

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Feb 19, 2021 03:07PM Kittykat9876 wrote:

I'm like Candy, the aches and pains won't let me forget, although I'm going to do be best today, it's my birthday and I'm going to spend it with Beck and Finn, playing in the park and eating KFC and birthday cake..

Surgery 5/23/2013 Lumpectomy Dx 10/31/2017, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs/other, Grade 3, 2/22 nodes Chemotherapy 1/28/2021 Navelbine (vinorelbine) Targeted Therapy Afinitor (everolimus) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy

Feb 19, 2021 03:14PM illimae wrote:

OMG kittykat, it’s my birthday today too!

Happy birthday to us 🎉🥳

Feb 19, 2021 03:55PM BevJen wrote:

Happy birthday to you both! Hope it's fun for all.

Microwave Ablations of the Liver: 7/2019; 10/2020; 12/2020 Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Feb 19, 2021 04:05PM candy-678 wrote:

Kittykat and Mae- HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!! KFC yum.

Today I had to take a nap. I did not do anything physical, housework or treadmill. I just did some paperwork. But the fatigue hit this afternoon about 1:30pm and I thought "I have to lie down". Otherwise I would fall down, you all know what I mean. I rested for an hour. Then back up, but just no energy. Fun Fun.

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Feb 19, 2021 05:46PM Tanya_Djamila wrote:

Happy birthday Kitty and Mae.

Moth Candy I would like to not think about it but walking sitting just being there’s alwYs a reminder unless I get super busy and then the fatigue reminds me so I guess it’s precious time when I forget, but not often.

Tany

Tanya Dx 8/19/2003, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, metastasized to bone/other, 28/28 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 4/19/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, 0/0 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 6/20/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Feb 19, 2021 06:12PM booboo1 wrote:

Hi All...been off the boards for a bit. Oldest sister is here, and tomorrow my second oldest sister is coming to stay for a week. We’ve been having some heart to heart talks, as only sisters do, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I want to move back to PA to be near my family. DH is still in rehab, and will be for at least another week, so I’m not sure what he will say. He can either come with, or we sell our house and split up. That is yet to be determined.

Anyway, I am at peace with this decision. Mel, looks like we will be able to get together at some point after all. I can’t wait to sit in your real living room and chat it up! Not sure when yet, but I’ll keep you posted.

Kitty and Mae, a very Happy Birthday to you both!

Laurie (aka Booboo) Surgery 5/14/2013 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 1/2017, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3DCRT: Breast

Feb 19, 2021 06:59PM - edited Feb 19, 2021 06:59PM by Rosie24

Mae, Happy Korean bday today and American bday yesterday! I hope you enjoyed them. I think I got those right? 🎂🎂

Dx 1/23/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/23/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 12/3/2019 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 12/3/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast

Feb 19, 2021 07:00PM illimae wrote:

Thanks Rosie! You got it right :)

Feb 19, 2021 08:14PM Kittykat9876 wrote:

Mae, Happy birthday to us. Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes. I'm off now for hugs and kisses from my little man Finn.

Surgery 5/23/2013 Lumpectomy Dx 10/31/2017, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs/other, Grade 3, 2/22 nodes Chemotherapy 1/28/2021 Navelbine (vinorelbine) Targeted Therapy Afinitor (everolimus) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy

Feb 19, 2021 08:44PM mara51506 wrote:

Mae and KittyKat, happy birthday to both of you.

I don't tend to think about my cancer until appointment time, infusion, doctor visit or scans and echoes. I worry about more mundane things like housecleaning, kicking my butt out to go walking, I struggle with that every day even though I feel really good afterword. I worry for money in the future and what if I run out, that's why I do surveys and such daily to bring in more money. Those are my personal things I worry about. I fill my time with walking, eating for nutrition AND pleasure and laundry, love my laundry set up even with a broken twin tub, have another twin tub and clip on washer that goes on a 5 gallon bucket. These things keep me busy and my mind off cancer for the most part.

Feb 19, 2021 10:55PM Micmel wrote:

Happy Birthday to Mae and Kitty. I hope you have. Many many more of them. Glad to hear power has been restored and you’re not cold on your birthday. Kitty home from hospital?

Moth~ cancer has become my middle name. I don’t go that long. I should work on that. Though. It can’t hurt. candy I’m sorry about the insurance cesspool It’s all about the greenbacks.

Haven’t been around much. I’m trying to limit cancer time as well. Plus I’ve found a great show that I love but don’t want to be over. I’m Rounding the last season. Hoping for another. Think about you all.

BooBoo~ welcomed with open arms.

Feb 19, 2021 11:25PM SondraF wrote:

Weather here has taken a turn for warmer and humid - it will be mid 50 today and up to 60 tomorrow! A beautiful sunrise this morning and I am enjoying it with a cup of coffee, slice of cold pizza, and a snuggly boy kitty. It must have warmed up overnight because I walked at 8pm and it still felt chilly, then I woke up at 4 am feeling warmly moist, thinking it was an unusual hot flash only to realize I had boy cat sleeping on my head and girl cat sleeping on my feet. Coudnt get back to sleep so here we are, but this sunrise is worth it. Can't wait to throw open the windows to air out the joint, do a little deep cleaning,and go for a walk with OH to buy some flowers. Planning to grill tomorrow.

Happy birthday Mae and Kitty - hope you both have great days. To everyone else - hang in there, spring is round the corner!

Dx 9/27/2019, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 11/29/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/29/2019 Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Feb 20, 2021 03:39AM Karenfizedbo15 wrote:

Nice to see our regulars posts ( 🎂) and some folk popping in.

My good news is my lungs and associated muscle/ chest drain pain are finally improving 👏🏻👏🏻 and I can move more and for longer.

The not so good news is that my first cycle of Xeloda has been loaded with side effects ( posted on the Xeloda thread for their advice). I see my NP on Wed so will discuss that with her, but I am frankly very pissed off not to have had a break from my body being assaulted for months now 🙄😪.

Surgery 9/6/2007 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap Dx 4/2018, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2021, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Chemotherapy 2/3/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 20, 2021 06:16AM Rosie24 wrote:

kitty Kat, Happy belated birthday to you! Glad you’re enjoying your dear grandson.

Good to see Booboo and Karenfizedbo here. Booboo, I’m glad your sister time has given you some clarity on what you want for yourself. Karen, that stinks about the new side effects. I hope you get some good advice or at least support from the X thread. Glad your breathing and stamina are on the upswing.

I had a busy day yesterday starting with labs redo and Covid test pre ablation. Then we went car shopping and I/we ended up getting a new car. DH and I have been making it on one car between us in the winter months for a couple years and decided it was time to go back to two. He really was hoping for a truck but everything out there is too long for our garage with any extra stuff in front of it. So small car it is. I liked driving it a lot and he’ll take over our medium suv. But most likely we’ll both drive both. But now we won’t have to juggle outings that we’re doing separately. Later in the day DH was able to get his first vaccine dose on short notice. Our neighbors called from a local pharmacy saying there was one shot left thereso he got on the phone and they signed him up. (I think the neighbors just showed up and got lucky.).

I don’t think cancer ever leaves my head, but right now I’m feeling pretty decent and feel like I'm coexisting with cancer. I read here a lot and also check in to some MBC FB pages so maybe I’m doing it to myself. But I enjoy the community and support of this place, so I’m staying.

Hello to everyone. I’m glad you’re here but not glad we all have MBC or BC in common.

Feb 20, 2021 06:30AM candy-678 wrote:

Hello all. Good to see everyone that is posting. I think of you all often and if I don't hear from you I worry.

Booboo- That is good that you can have a heart to heart talks with your sisters. I envy your relationship with them. I have 2 sisters and we rarely talk, about anything. I want a better relationship, but you cannot make someone like you, know what I mean? Anywho, I am glad you are talking out some possible plans for your future. You need to care for YOU.

Sondra- I am not ready for spring yet, but we too are having warmer weather coming. This upcoming week the forecast is for days in the 50's with one day projected near 60. It is near the end of February.

Karen- Happy to hear that the lungs are healing. But sorry you are having side effects from the Xeloda. Our bodies have to endure so much.

Rosie- Woohoo on the new car.

Same old same old here. Laundry today. Church online tomorrow.

Feb 20, 2021 07:15AM booboo1 wrote:

Thanks Candy (and Rosie). That’s pretty much what my sister has relayed to me. I have always put others first in everything I do (kinda in my blood), and it’s time for me to do what makes me happy with the time I have left. So thanks guys for your replies.

Laurie (aka Booboo) Surgery 5/14/2013 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 1/2017, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3DCRT: Breast

Feb 20, 2021 08:16AM Micmel wrote:

BooBoo~I am thrilled about getting my friend back local again. (More local than Florida) I am wanting so much to see you. It would be something to really smile about. Finally meeting a sister from here.

Feb 20, 2021 08:47AM mara51506 wrote:

Laurie, glad you can talk all this out with your sisters. Helps a lot to talk to others. I talk to my friend Shirley most often if I am upset about something because I don't want to bring stuff to my older DB. He and SIL are great for helping when I ask for it but would want to offer advice about what to do if it is something I just want to get off my chest. Shirley listens and does not unload heavy amounts of advice. This does not happen as often, I overall don't get as upset about things, but I know my audience. DB and SIL are more the see once a week, go for a drive, coffee, groceries which is nice. I am not sure if that will be happening today. Part of me wants to take the bus to the park after lunch and walk around there. Already walked a bit this morning but I will wait just in case DB or SIL case.

Karen, glad to hear the lungs are healing too and also sorry about xeloda side effects, hope they find good drugs to counteract the nausea.

I did have a nice little walk, wanted to get a couple of beans, queso and hamburger buns which I like for toast. Just something other than burgers or bean concoctions.

Feb 20, 2021 09:23AM SondraF wrote:

Karen - thats crappy about the foot side effects. Have you tried Udderly Smooth cream? I've seen that recommended on the Macmillan advise pages.

Dx 9/27/2019, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 11/29/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/29/2019 Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 658 of 686 (20,554 results)